Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) (43395 Views)

ICPC Arrests Osun FCMB Manager Over New Naira Notes Policy Violation / DSS Arrests Syndicate Selling New Naira Notes / See How Nigerians Treat The New Naira Notes (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by nlfpmod: 8:04am On Feb 02, 2023
ICPC Arrests Woman Offering New Naira Notes for Sale

ICPC has today, 1st of February 2023, arrested a woman, Omoseyin Oluwadarasimi Esther, with the Twitter handle of Lala, offering new naira notes for sale on social media.

The arrest was as a result of intelligence received which led the ICPC operatives to seek out and promptly arrest the suspect.

It is believed she is in collusion with key elements in the financial services sector diverting the newly released notes away from banking halls and payment channels into a “ black market”

She is currently in ICPC detention and is helping the Commission with its findings on the criminal trading of the naira and the attendant scarcity and negative economic outcomes being caused by the action.

https://twitter.com/icpcnigeria/status/1620883727529418753?t=pL-XCo4H59zF2aZie6IXdg&s=08

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by KNOWMORE56: 8:06am On Feb 02, 2023

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by kereman1: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2023
Born in Nigeria, we have a criminal natural instinct imbedded in us.
Bankers, POS vendors, transporters are cashing out big time.

254 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Etranshub(m): 8:08am On Feb 02, 2023
They should come to my area and pack all the pos operators lol.... Imagine 1500 to withdraw 10k and naa old note u go still collect grin grin

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by SoftP(m): 8:08am On Feb 02, 2023
& how about those hauling fuel & selling @ exorbitant prices?

Confused sets of persons

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by gentlesmithugo(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Yellow sisi
Why na?

18 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by holina: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
LOL
Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by big7: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Nice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by siraj1402(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Hunn
Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Solababa91(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
CBN needs to put in more effort through security agencies to arrest staff of financial institutions selling the naira. As members of the public too, the official Twitter handle should be responsive and swift to videos of evidence of POS attendants trading the naira, their arrest will lead to the capture of their croonies in banking halls trading the naira.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by leisuretym: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
You don’t think about the consequences of your actions, you turned Naira into hot cake and offered her no job , free the girl and sack the bank staff, she’s only a hawker looking for a job to do.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by MANDIPUTIN: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Team hardwork (Puss..) pays.
na dem

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by gracealonev: 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Certain people must have sold to her as well.

There are bigger crooks within the CBN and commercial banks.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by jaymaf(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Good!! Let's be responsible for once. Who come shave her hair like that. grin

7 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Wainey: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
ok
Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
It is believed she is in collusion with key elements in the financial services sector diverting the newly released notes away from banking halls and payment channels into a “ black market”
Where did she get it from?
Sometimes, we are forced to ask "wakanda country is this for krissake"?!
But because of our love and hope for our darling nation , we can only pray for Nigeria.

Imagine some bankers giving selling the currency that people are looking for in black markets!!!

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

God help Nigeria.

Kizyte:
Nice one! Nigerians killing themselves. Any little opportunity they have, they will use it to rip each other off!
JB4life:
Nigerians are something else.
You can say that again......
Exactly our point in red above!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by motionarena: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
Ever8090:
No be small thing ooo....I wanted to commit suicide yesterday when one pos operator told he he will give me 5k for 1500 commission,.
Like seriously?!

Cornerhouse4me:
Cool. Serves her right. It will be a warning and a lesson to others.
In my location, they sell each N1000 new note for N300 at the POS. So for you to get N10,000 new note, you will need N3,000. It's that horrible
This is more than horrible and terrible.
Who does that?!

Itogbes:
They should also find out where she got it from
GBAMSOLUTELY.
That is the Koko.
END OF THREAD!!!

This country matter ehn........

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Kizyte(m): 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
Nice one! Nigerians killing themselves. Any little opportunity they have, they will use it to rip each other off!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Blaze14k: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
How about tinubu's men who are engaged in vote buying..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by excellencyabia1: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
We will always want to cash out
But men have really suffered

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by JB4life: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
Nigerians are something else.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by elpochas: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
I said it here Abt wot dis new [][/]Naira notes will cause to d masses,bt some people thought everything is all Abt politics and punishing a particular presidential candidate.introducing a new policy in a corrupt country like Nigeria has to be a gradual process nt a sudden one,if nt the Aim will be defeated hereby causing real hardship on the masses.Now have nt seen the said politician or his family on any ATM queue or in a banking hall fighting and shouting to gt access to money.We can all imagine someone in his party still campaigning for him using swapping of old notes for new notes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2023
She looks like a good Scapegoat. She should be treated as such! And if the Warders truly love bearded meat, they should make either a mincemeat or barbeque of her. She looks good enough to eat, don't you think?

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Lucazmora(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Serves her right... I don't know why Nigerians are just too wicked taking advantage of every situation

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by wasuka14(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
What are u going to do with her? Arrest cbn governor instead. Or arrest the bank that issue the currency to her.

KNOWMORE56:

Hmm, Let my people go...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by stano2(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Why is this even on news now, trace, investigate and round up everyone involved before putting it out on news outlets. No stone should left unturned.
Can you imagine i don’t have more than 200naira with me right now.
No Atm is dispensing, POS outlets no cash, even the petrol station that offered to help, bank network didn’t allow transaction go through.

I don’t have petrol, I don’t have light, I don’t have food stuffs, nobody selling wants transfer because getting the money will be an issue.
This country is driving people insane!!!!!! What’s all this for God’s sake.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by PerfectMan24: 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Emilokan
Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Arrests Woman Selling New Naira Notes (Photo) by Ever8090: 8:11am On Feb 02, 2023
No be small thing ooo....I wanted to commit suicide yesterday when one pos operator told he he will give me 5k for 1500 commission,.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pady Adenuga: "I Got Engaged Twice In 2 Years, I Couldn't Marry Any Of Them" / A Nigerian Packages Garri, Kulikuli, Sugar And Groundnut Together To Sell (Pic) / Billionaire Woman Shares Throw Back Picture As Fans React (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.