Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy (40976 Views)

Obiano Relaxes Lockdown In Anambra, Asks Churches To Resume Activities / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 / Ikpeazu Relaxes Lockdown In Abia To Celebrate Easter, Gives Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by hisexcellency34: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
The outburst of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) last week in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital is already yielding positive results, party leaders informed DAILY INDEPENDENT on Thursday.

Tinubu while speaking during the presidential campaign had alleged that the current fuel scarcity in the country and the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to redesign banknotes, were contrived to sabotage his victory at next month’s election.

The former Lagos state governor whose outburst was seen by many as a direct attack on the president, who is also the Minister of Petroleum, vowed that he would win, despite the disruptions.

He also told APC members and supporters at the party’s presidential campaign rally that the fuel scarcity and naira redesign project were artificially created to deny him victory at the February 25 presidential election.

"This is a revolution. This election is a revolution. We shall take over from them. They don’t want an election to take place, but we won’t accept it. They want to hide under fuel scarcity to cause the crisis so that there won’t be an election,” Tinubu had said.

Prominent leaders of the party who aligned with Tinubu's position include Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Minister of Aviation and Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC).

Also the wife of the President, Aisha Buhari shared a video of Governor Nasir El-Rufai saying that elements in Aso Villa are working against the APC and Tinubu’s presidential ambition.

Speaking with our correspondent, a presidency official said Tinubu’s outbursts is already paying off as the CBN is already relaxing its hard stance on the cashless policy while the NNPC has also assured that the fuel scarcity will end in few days and won't affect the election.

The presidency official who is a former Senator in the South-West region said many APC officials who were not "lifting a finger to support Tinubu’s presidential bid are now showing serious commitment".

"From the look of things, Tinubu is gaining the upper hand. Just few hours ago, the CBN has directed commercial banks to commence paying the newly redesigned naira notes to customers over the counter in a bid to address the long queues at Automated Teller Machines nationwide. That is one of the advantages of Asiwaju speaking out".

"Also, the NNPC has also promised to make fuel available to Nigerians. When Asiwaju said the fuel scarcity will affect the elections, some people faulted him but few days later, the INEC Chairman also shared similar views".

"So, contrary to what people thought that his outburst will negatively affect his relationship with President Buhari, it has further deepened it as the President has agreed with him on the need to relax the naira redesign policies".

"I think this is the kind of leader Nigeria needs in 2023. A courageous leader who can speak the truth to power no matter whose ox is gored".

Also the NNPC Limited on Thursday said the lingering petrol scarcity across the country is not a deliberate action to sabotage the forthcoming general elections.

The NNPC Group Chief Executive Officer, Mele Kyari, disclosed this while speaking on NTA Good morning Nigeria programme Thursday morning.

Kyari said there is a very cumbersome logistics that has disrupted the supply chain of petroleum products.

"Today, based on the records on our system, there are over 38,000 trucks on our roads just carrying petroleum products and this is the reality,” he said.

“By the way, I think it is very good also to say that no matter what you do, once there is an arbitrage environment, some people will take advantage of it. And it is very contrary, we all respect the comments, I don’t think anybody sat down and orchestrated that there should be scarcity so that it will impact the election. I don’t think anyone did this. If it is so, we will know".

"But it is not true because the reality is that these glitches started well early in 2022. It has nothing to do with this election period. Once you have a challenge of this nature, it is a cyclic thing and they will continue to come up. And then once you have arbitrage issues, you will have a glitch.

“Today let me just put it clearly, our redundancy in terms of petroleum product supply is just three days in this country. When you have a glitch that extends longer than three days, you will need another three weeks to stabilise it,” he said.

According to Kyari, irrespective of measure put in place, whatever causes a three-day glitch is a nightmare to tackle.

“We will always prepare. That is why we put everything possible to avoid glitches from happening. I don’t think anyone will sit down and say, let’s create this so that there will be an impact on the election and so on,” he said.

https://independent.ng/tinubus-outburst-pays-off-as-cbn-further-relaxes-cashless-policy/

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
Nothing concern us with Tinubu abeg

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by AdaojoTheUrchin: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
CBN's order to pay new currency to the customers over the counter is not new, they have implied before that the banks are the ones destroying the aim of the policy by hoarding and selling the notes to the highest bidders especially politicians who intend to buy votes.

CBN's deadline still stands, that is what matters.

141 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by bennybuhari: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
If he had been speaking out like this since 2015, maybe things would have been better

224 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Indispensable85(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Watch as zombiediots cry blood

92 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by hisgrace090: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Not when politicians and terrorist are pocketing every new note released by cbn as cbn fail to monitor cash werabout.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Daniah:
This type of news does more harm than good to Tinibu campaign

Nah so Adeleke been dey make noise. I knew some people were getting irritated. I warn am, him no hear. Now him don keep quiet

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by gasparpisciotta: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
Asiwaju knows the way to tackle Aso rock cabals and he is effectively doing just that.

Peter Obi and Atiku do not know what to say or do, hence their inaction.

We need someone who can challenge the status quo and make things happen even if it’s only by body language

My self and 25 others in my area, WhatsApp group, Church, Mosque and everyone I convince, Asiwaju has our votes that I my promise to him

130 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Saao(m): 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
No single shame at all. Same government he bragged of single handedly installed in aso rock, same party and someone is here making noise of his outbursts that pays? Who are you deceiving, Nigerians or himself? Our mumu Don do

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by gasparpisciotta: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Saao:
No single shame at all. Same government he bragged of single handedly installed in aso rock, same party and someone is here making noise of his outbursts that pays? Who are you deceiving, Nigerians or himself? Our mumu Don do

If you introduce your sister to her boyfriend who later becomes her husband, will you teach him how to run his family?

132 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
grin. Hallucinations

Atiku is coming

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

If you introduce your sister to her boyfriend who later becomes her husband, will you teach him how to run his family?

You're bad at comparing, this makes no sense

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by gasparpisciotta: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thinkam:

You're bad at comparing, this makes no sense

Make your own comparison make we reason am

Ok. If you help secure accommodation for your friend, is it your fault if the landlady suddenly refuses to pump water for the tenants

99 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by buhariguy(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Reinaldo:
Nothing concern us with Tinubu abeg
it must concern idiotic pigs of biafra.
Tinubu must be your next president

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by buhariguy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thinkam:
grin. Hallucinations

Atiku is coming
to cameroon

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by SmartPolician: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
I can't believe Daily Independent published this NONSENSE.

So Tinubu is the new president that speaks and the CBN governor listens.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by buhariguy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
Saao:
but idiotic pigs said it affect tinubu

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by buhariguy(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
SmartPolician:

but idiotic pigs said emefiele did it because of tinubu

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Obaofaba: 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
That's why he's the Jagaban

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by IslamIsIdiotic: 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
Idiotic pigs? I thought you were referring to your parents.

buhariguy:
but idiotic pigs said emefiele did it because of tinubu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by ScamHunter: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
Latest outburst, he said Buhari is a failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgBqCMXm8I

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by FreeStuffsNG: 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
" So, contrary to what people thought that his outburst will negatively affect his relationship with President Buhari, it has further deepened it as the President has agreed with him on the need to relax the naira redesign policies".

" I think this is the kind of leader Nigeria needs in 2023. A courageous leader who can speak the truth to power no matter whose ox is gored".

Asiwaju Tinubu lokan se!
check my signature for free stuffs!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by TheChameleon: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Asiwaju knows the way to tackle Aso rock cabals and he is effectively doing just that.

Peter Obi and Atiku do not know what to say or do, hence their inaction.

We need someone who can challenge the status quo and make things happen even if it’s only by body language

My self and 25 others in my area, WhatsApp group, Church, Mosque and everyone I convince, Asiwaju has our votes that I my promise to him

Exactly.

Tinubu's opponents are full of cotton wool.

So daft. Instead of aggressively attacking the Government. .. they said NOTHING.

Peter Obi- silence. Atiku - tepid response that's as tame as "good morning "

When Tinubu wins, they will say he rigged.

As frail as they say he is, he has more testosterone in his pinky finger than ALL the other contestants COMBINED.

Nigeria doesn't need a coward as a leader.

Buhari failed so spectacularly that APC shouldn't have a chance at all. If not for someone like Tinubu. If it was Amaechi or Osinbajo, they would have come 5th.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Saao(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
gasparpisciotta:

no I won't teach him how to run his family. Because my sister is so dear to my heart, I won't introduce her to anyone that can't take care of her and i wont lie to her that my friend is the best because its a life journey. If I don't trust my friend, I can't gamble my sister with him at all.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by bennybuhari: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
Buhari fears him

FreeStuffsNG:
" So, contrary to what people thought that his outburst will negatively affect his relationship with President Buhari, it has further deepened it as the President has agreed with him on the need to relax the naira redesign policies".

" I think this is the kind of leader Nigeria needs in 2023. A courageous leader who can speak the truth to power no matter whose ox is gored".

Asiwaju Tinubu lokan se!
check my signature for free stuffs!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Villa12(m): 8:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
SmartPolician:

Tinubu is a household name in Africa

He is the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Misterone: 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Saao:
so because him install government, him go control the government, abi? Ibori installed Okowa from prison, today, can you say Ibori is controlling Okowa? Try get sense small abeg.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Outburst Pays Off As CBN Further Relaxes Cashless Policy by Olam09(m): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.