Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped (31036 Views)

Multi-Storey Building Collapses In Garki, Abuja. 2 Persons Dead, 37 Injured / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Rivers state, Three Feared Dead (Photos) / Chinonso Uba's Ezeacho Hotel, House, Shops Burnt In Imo, 2 Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
SOFTSKILL:

Osu, by their comment we shall know them. RIP to the dead

Do you mean to say he is from OSUN State

Is that how they behave?
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by mylesJ: 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
The building it’s right beside my office in gwarimpa .. I saw it go down in seconds .. 3 dead as we speak and over 10 rescued …
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by sudeba(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
Adjwjd92:
:-
scammer noted
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by blowjohn(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Passed by there in the afternoon. Omo they are still excavating this night to save lives as I type.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Twoclans(f): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
mylesJ:
The building it’s right beside my office in gwarimpa .. I saw it go down in seconds .. 3 dead as we speak and over 10 rescued …

I had left gwarimpa today when the news broke out,what part of gwarimpa did this building collapse ?
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by everythinggirly(f): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Omo, people die every passing day.😥
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by ibechris(m): 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2023
The major cause is sure to be managing and stealing materials from the owner.

Site engineers are structural criminals. They will quote huge amount of money and end up using little to finish up the building.

After mechanic,the most wicked human beings in Nigeria,are site engineers.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by ositadima1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:
Poor engineering work...tifnubu urchins are culprits.

Rip to the dead.

You dey worry o, no be u talk say somebody tommy be like GP tank the other day. Lol
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Menclothing: 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
On dry land
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Bahamas95(m): 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bricklayers that can't even spell their names parade themselves as engineers. Engineers that spent 5yrs or more in school can only build structures on paper. They can't even handle trowel.......Na only God go help us for this country.

RIP to the deceased and I pray the trapped ones get rescued on time because this country is terrible.

1 Like

Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by cardoctor(m): 12:23am On Feb 03, 2023
englishmart:
No Nigerian deserves to go to hell. Once God sees you're a Nigerian, he will send you straight to heaven. You can't be to hell twice.

Being a Nigerian alone is an occupation

GBAMMM
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by adecz: 1:34am On Feb 03, 2023
Many people aren't aware, but most
of the collapse of story buildings today
is caused by the use of fake rods of
Chinese origin.

The Chinese adulterate their iron rods
with materials that reduces the tensile
and load carrying strength. As a result,
their 16mm Tod may not have the strength
of genuine 10mm rods.

1 Like

Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by AKzee(m): 4:39am On Feb 03, 2023
The way I saw that thing, you mean 40 people are still under? God cry
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by AKzee(m): 4:42am On Feb 03, 2023
Twoclans:

I had left gwarimpa today when the news broke out,what part of gwarimpa did this building collapse ?
Just beside BIG AND MORE or after H-Medics approaching Galadima.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Goodman247: 6:29am On Feb 03, 2023
Just 2 storey building collapsing , Nigeria is a failed country
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Starships4u(m): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Substandard materials can only be the cause, RIP to the dead.

Not always so,
Most times, surveyors don't do soil testing to know the strength of the land, it could also be capillary movements of ants and other insects...
Also could be as a result of flooding or water movement on the walls and foundation of the building, most times, the foundations are strong buh water would eat up the walls and make it weak to carry such weight, nor be everything be materials....
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Bimbilla(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2023
Some of the workers if they give them materials to do the work they will sell them like cement and iron rod
nlfpmod:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/just-in-2-feared-dead-40-trapped-as-two-storey-building-collapses-in-abuja/amp/
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 2 Feared Dead, 40 Trapped by Karlifate: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
The Engineer is in trouble. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Gas Cylinders Explode In Edo State, Houses Burnt. Photos / Introducing Havens Cottage: Affordable Luxury Homes In Epe (Starting from ₦13m) / 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.