Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

I Got Confused Reading The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Got Confused Reading The Bible (254 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin? / Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Confused Reading The Bible by Spare124: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
So, because I was bored and had nothing to do so i decided to read the book of Samuel...when I got to 1samuel 16:2
I got somehow confused,why will God ask Samuel to lie so he can avoid the sword of saul? I don't just get it

2Samuel said, How can I go? If Saul hears it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take a heifer with you and say, I have come to sacrifice to the Lord..

Abeg bosses incase God touches your heart,500N fit help my life like this.
Re: I Got Confused Reading The Bible by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Feb 03, 2023
Spare124:
■ So, because I was bored and had nothing to do so i decided to read the book of Samuel...when I got to 1samuel 16:2
I got somehow confused,why will God ask Samuel to lie so he can avoid the sword of saul? I don't just get it 2Samuel said, How can I go? If Saul hears it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take a heifer with you and say, I have come to sacrifice to the Lord..Abeg bosses incase God touches your heart,500N fit help my life like this.
1. Verse 5 says that Samuel went there to make a sacrifice and used the opportunity to invite Jesse and his sons to share in it, so what part of the whole is this lie you speak of? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Got Confused Reading The Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 6:02am On Feb 03, 2023
Spare124:
...Abeg bosses incase God touches your heart,500N fit help my life like this.

You just lied against God and you want God to help you? E no go beta for you.
Re: I Got Confused Reading The Bible by Techobeys: 8:45am On Feb 03, 2023
Spare124:
So, because I was bored and had nothing to do so i decided to read the book of Samuel...when I got to 1samuel 16:2
I got somehow confused,why will God ask Samuel to lie so he can avoid the sword of saul? I don't just get it

2Samuel said, How can I go? If Saul hears it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take a heifer with you and say, I have come to sacrifice to the Lord..

Abeg bosses incase God touches your heart,500N fit help my life like this.

Yes that part of confusing for me too. I discussed with a Christian brother, he was shutting about it, but the ball point is Samuel sacrificed at the end of the day. So we can’t say it’s a lie bc he did sacrifice unto the lord though it was the usual time to sacrifice.
Re: I Got Confused Reading The Bible by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Verse 5 says that Samuel went there to make a sacrifice and used the opportunity to invite Jesse and his sons to share in it, so what part of the whole is this lie you speak of? undecided

Nah Nigerian student him be.

(1) (Reply)

Will Only 144000 People Make Heaven? / Atheism Is Scientism With Respect To Religion. Science Is Actually Agnostic. / Commitment Begets Commitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.