Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks (514 Views)

Meet Toyin Olajide. Coo/chief Operating Officer Of Air Peace. / Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix) / Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nigeria Air Is Expecting An Air Operators Certificate In 2 Weeks

By Luke Peters

SimpleFlying.com

Will the new Nigerian national carrier finally take to the air soon?

New Nigerian national airline, Nigeria Air, expects to be issued its Air Operators Certificate (AOC) within the next two weeks. Should this be the case, the development would see the airline overcome a significant hurdle in its quest to commence operations in the first quarter of this year.

A delayed arrival

The long-awaited launch of commercial services could now be around the corner for the new Nigerian national airline Nigeria Air. The airline, set up by the administration of departing President Muhammadu Buhari, will receive its AOC in two weeks, according to the country's minister of aviation, Hadi Sirika.

Should the AOC be issued, the startup airline will take one major step towards the certification finishing line after four years of struggling to get off the ground. Nigeria first announced its plans for a new national carrier in July 2018 but ended up suspending the project during the pandemic before reviving its plans in 2021.

As reported by Aerotime, Mr Sirika said, “Well, Nigeria Air will launch shortly. There is a process to establishing an airline, and that process is driven by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority. Nigeria Air applied for the Air Transport Licence, which has been issued, and now it is applying for an AOC. I believe that one week from today, it should be able to get the AOC issued or within two weeks maximum."

Mr Sirika went on to add, "That will signal the beginning of the establishment of the carrier itself, which can then begin flying. So, the airline is on its way, and it will be soon. It will be launched within this quarter, it will be flying within this quarter, and it will give Nigeria the service that has been eluding it.”

https://simpleflying.com/nigeria-air-aoc-2-weeks/
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Madridstar(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
9ja that is about to scarra
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Madridstar:
9ja that is about to scarra

Na your head dey scatter. Naija dey kampe. And Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
x
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Makavelly40: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2023
Wait
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by superCleanworks(m): 12:41am On Feb 04, 2023
make we dey look.
they will dump this project for the next presido
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 12:48am On Feb 04, 2023
superCleanworks:
make we dey look.
they will dump this project for the next presido

Wow...If I was an incoming president, I'd be more than glad to have my predecessor ''dump'' a brand new national airline complete with certification and funding, on my government. I'd absolutely run with it, and thank them for their efforts.

I would only frown on it if I was a lazy, corrupt, incompetent, and useless leader.
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by updatechange(m): 12:54am On Feb 04, 2023
No ode go enter this thing… I prefer to use ibom air undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 12:57am On Feb 04, 2023
updatechange:
No ode go enter this thing… I prefer to use ibom air undecided

Indomie generation.. You don't know what it means to have a national airline backed with federal money.

Once Nigeria Air starts operations, it will trounce every other airline in Nigeria in safety, comfort, efficiency, branding, etc.

Wait and see. wink
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by superCleanworks(m): 1:15am On Feb 04, 2023
Napata77:

a brand new national airline complete with certification and funding, .

Are you saying certification and funding is complete? or is this wishful thinking?

either way, we will find out in this quarter. e no far
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by Napata77: 1:22am On Feb 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

Are you saying certification and funding is complete? or is this wishful thinking?

either way, we will find out in this quarter. e no far

Certification comes in a week, and funding is settled.

250 million dollars cash is already on the table, from the FG, local and foreign investors.

So we're good to go. wink
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by superCleanworks(m): 1:32am On Feb 04, 2023
Napata77:

Certification comes in a week, and funding is settled.
😁🤣 na you biko
Re: Nigeria Air Prepares For Take-off - Expects Operating Licence In 2 Weeks by updatechange(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2023
Napata77:

Indomie generation.. You don't know what it means to have a national airline backed with federal money.

Once Nigeria Air starts operations, it will trounce every other airline in Nigeria in safety, comfort, efficiency, branding, etc.

Wait and see. wink

Lol, your assumption shows how dull you are…
What makes you think Nigeria airways will trounce all other airlines..?
I worked under an auditor of the defunct Nigeria airways for years and I can tell you nothing good can come out of this new one too cos it’s federally managed.
What in Nigeria has the fg managed successfully
?
Is it power?
Is it road?
Is it rail?
Is it our oil?
Let’s not even talk about power
Or will the flight tickets be subsidized?
My brother forget this country…
Nigeria is long gone, I’m not a pessimist but let me tell you this, war is coming.
The strategy to impoverish everyone is a strategy of war, both the rich and poor are being denied of their hard earned money, you can’t buy or sell, you can’t do any sort of transaction.
This is a recipe for war and it’s coming but we’re too tribalistic to notice until it gets to our nose.

(1) (Reply)

The Superstitious Belief Behind The Abandonment Of The Building Close To Zuma Ro / Relocation To Rwanda By School / Mauritius Working Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.