Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested (1120 Views)

Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis / Emefiele Must Go Protest Storms Aso Rock / Akeredolu: Emefiele Must Resign As CBN Governor Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 12:49am On Feb 04, 2023
The country is in crisis and many Nigerians are losing their mind.... The situation appears to be hopeless.... They are left to ponder and ask these pertinent questions...."Is there still hope? Can Nigeria be salvaged?

When Emefiele first issued the naira swap deadline, many Nigerians on this forum were jubilating and abusing those who warned them about the sinister plot behind the cashless policy, naira redesign and deadline... I had appealed to Nigerians to reject these policies knowing that the CBN governor Emefiele is evil just like Buhari, Osinbajo and all others who are members of his government. I had reiterated that these CBN policies are evil, a violation of our right to earn and spend, aimed at stifling opposition party funding for the election, destroying our economy, destroying our cash monetary system and advancing their evil CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency) and evil cashless economy (To implement a digital control grid).

Since the announcement of the naira swap deadline, we have seen the devastating effect it has caused to the economy and also the increase in crime rate, today can anyone say that they are happy with what is going on? The answer is NO.

Those who saw Emefiele as a national hero, those who abused others on Nairaland, jubilating over the policy as a means to end vote buying, I wonder how many of them are queuing at ATM without any means of withdrawing cash, I wonder how many of them are cursing Emefiele now.... It is painful but then why are so many Nigerians selfish and myopic when it comes to national issues, many who were in favour of these policies supported it not because of national interest but personal interest, thinking that it will not affect them since they already use electronic payment.... It is indeed sad that we devote so much time in putting others down, fighting each other while our oppressors laugh at us and continue to plunder our national resources....

How can a suspected criminal and terrorism financier like Emefiele continue to head a sensitive office like CBN governor? A man who was exposed to be funding terrorism

(See -
https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/18/exclusive-how-investigation-secret-police-dss-linked-nigerian-central-bank-governor)

Desecrated his office by meddling in politics (See -
https://punchng.com/apc-chairman-confirms-emefieles-membership-says-cbn-gov-registered-feb-2021/)
turning a sensitive organization like the CBN into a political theatre

A man who was accused of misappropriating over N80 trillion (See -
https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/14/how-nigerias-central-bank-governor-emefiele-diverted-n89trillion-stamp-duty-fund-private)

Also as CBN governor he violated CBN act and continues to do so (See https://www.nairaland.com/7546457/why-cbn-naira-swap-deadline)

How can this man still remain as CBN governor? Is it not madness to think that such a man is capable of implementing good monetary and financial policies...

We are crying now over an issue that would've been avoided if only we fought for the right thing to be done which is the immediate resignation and arrest of Emefiele before now.... It is foolish to keep criminals in positions of authority and expect the country to move forward.... We need to ask why Buhari has refused to fire Emefiele until now? Why national assembly has remained silent over these issues?....As the saying goes, you can't give what you don't have....

Nigeria can not move forward until we begin to purge ourselves of selfishness, if we must survive this evil that Buhari, Emefiele and APC have unleashed on Nigeria, we must put aside our personal gains and hold these evil men accountable. This is the only way we can all be saved.... There is no other way! I hope that we will understand this truth before it is too late, I hope we can salvage what is left before we let our tribal, religious and selfish tendencies destroy us....

9 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Upton: 1:03am On Feb 04, 2023
BATists seriously fighting back. Ya’ll are sounding like you care about the masses. You only care about yourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by swaggerjack: 1:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Upton:
BATists seriously fighting back. Ya’ll are sounding like you care about the masses. You only care about yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by shuttox: 1:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Go and arrest him

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Moh247: 2:05am On Feb 04, 2023
He would simply run again with the help of Nigerian Army and Chief of Defense Staff Irabor

3 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by swaggerjack: 2:10am On Feb 04, 2023
Moh247:
He would simply run again with the help of Nigerian Army and Chief of Defense Staff Irabor

2 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Moh247: 2:11am On Feb 04, 2023
swaggerjack:

Go to court , stop wailing about like a child

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 3:36am On Feb 04, 2023
Continue to play politics, you will face the consequences of this evil government eventually, it is only a matter of time. Seem you're not in this country to see what is going on, the pain and long queues at bank ATMs.... It's a shame that all you can think of is Tinubu who I suspect this crisis will favour in the upcoming election

Upton:

3 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by GBTYO: 3:42am On Feb 04, 2023
Upton:

OSU fool
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by ican2020: 3:43am On Feb 04, 2023
Shut up op and stop displaying your stupidity

Nigerians crisis did not start this week, it has been there all this years only you kept quiet and pretended as if nothing was wrong

People eat grass, violence tripped, lives snapped everywhere, fuel crisis remains the norm today and you are here spinning rubbish

Shut up and hide your head in shame

4 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by kcnwaigbo: 3:45am On Feb 04, 2023
Bebigiby:
Continue to play politics, you will face the consequences of this evil government eventually, it is only a matter of time. Seem you're not in this country to see what is going on, the pain and long queues at bank ATMs.... It's a shame that all you can think of is Tinubu who I suspect this crisis will favour in the upcoming election

Don't worry after the elections,we will look into the policy.For now stop crying 😭😭

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by DSC7: 3:54am On Feb 04, 2023
Emefiele is going nowhere....

At this juncture anything bubu does is good until everybody agrees to reject APC before they sweep everybody away...

That's what you get for voting a dullardd as president.....

We warned,they called us wailing wailers,now who is wailing?...

On naira redesign, I stan with Buhari and Emefiele!!!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by DSC7: 4:00am On Feb 04, 2023
Moh247:

Emefiele is unshakable.....

If you ever join to disturb public peace through one yeye protest you will have urselve to blame...

Continue to eat ur Agbado and cassava in peace,, once once dey add egg ...

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Injera(f): 4:03am On Feb 04, 2023
THE cash on you at any given time is really the money you own. The cash in bank is not your own because you don't have full control over it as this times have shown.
We are gradually being enslaved and people cannot see it. Emefiele misled Buhari to implement his cashless policy by mopping the cash present in the economy and drastically reducing the notes in circulation. Our rights is gradually disappearing and like the proverbial frog we are gradually being cooked.

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Upton: 4:04am On Feb 04, 2023
Bebigiby:

Lol.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 5:25am On Feb 04, 2023
You can laugh now but you will surely cry later over Buhari's government policies

Upton:

Lol.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Ruggedniggaone: 5:37am On Feb 04, 2023
Na your father go sack am? Oloriburuku Ojuyobo miscreants
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 5:38am On Feb 04, 2023
How do you know I've been silent.... Also your attempt to silence me doesn't take away the problems we are facing.... If Emefiele has violated his mandate as the CBN governor is it not right that he is made to resign and submit himself for investigation.... It is unfortunate and shameful that you choose to support lawlessness and impunity of public officials over the suffering and injustice unleashed by your oppressors. You can continue to support your oppressors, when Nigeria's economy finally implodes you will face the consequences too.

ican2020:
Shut up op and stop displaying your stupidity

Nigerians crisis did not start this week, it has been there all this years only you kept quiet and pretended as if nothing was wrong

People eat grass, violence tripped, lives snapped everywhere, fuel crisis remains the norm today and you are here spinning rubbish

Shut up and hide your head in shame
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by modernWays: 5:39am On Feb 04, 2023
Bebigiby:

Stop wasting your time on these people. They are already being coursed by nature. Nothing good will ever come out of their lives and months. Sense is far away from them as long as Tinubu and APC is concerned.

While they hate him so much, they expect his tribe to vote their own, forgotten that you can't eat you cake and still have it. These people are very dangerous to be trusted with power.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by swaggerjack: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
Moh247:

Go to court , stop wailing about like a child

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Upton: 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
Bebigiby:
You can laugh now but you will surely cry later over Buhari's government policies

No I won’t cry. These policies don’t affect me directly.

Good for you if you have no political affiliation and you are genuinely concerned but if you are writing this epistle and you are a BAT supporter “you will surely cry later”

I’m not trying to dismiss the fact that Nigerians are suffering but BAT and his camp are the ones that have been crying a lot publicly because this affects them. Look at FFK.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 4:15am On Feb 05, 2023
They are members of the ruling party APC, I don't think they are affected.... In my opinion they are just playing to the gallery..... That's what many politicians do, they lie and deceive the people....

Upton:

No I won’t cry. These policies don’t affect me directly.

Good for you if you have no political affiliation and you are genuinely concerned but if you are writing this epistle and you are a BAT supporter “you will surely cry later”

I’m not trying to dismiss the fact that Nigerians are suffering but BAT and his camp are the ones that have been crying a lot publicly because this affects them. Look at FFK.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by technuel: 4:24am On Feb 05, 2023
K
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 4:31am On Feb 05, 2023
You said "Stop wasting your time on these people...." You know that in saner climes, Emefiele should've resigned before Buhari's second term.... Many Nigerians are always sentimental towards national issues, making it difficult for them to think straight or care about the truth but I think as long as we have such platform as this to engage, we have to continue to engage with those that may not agree with us or we don't agree with. I hope that Nigerians may one day put aside sentiment so that we can tackle the issues and move the country forward....
modernWays:

Stop wasting your time on these people. They are already being coursed by nature. Nothing good will ever come out of their lives and months. Sense is far away from them as long as Tinubu and APC is concerned.

While they hate him so much, they expect his tribe to vote their own, forgotten that you can't eat you cake and still have it. These people are very dangerous to be trusted with power.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by FarahAideed: 4:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Every time people like us warned short sighted Nigerians , they insult us
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 4:54am On Feb 05, 2023
FarahAideed:
Every time people like us warned short sighted Nigerians , they insult us

Indeed, it is painful that what is happening now could've been avoided....

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by Bebigiby: 5:07am On Feb 05, 2023
I agree but I doubt Buhari was misled by Emefiele...
It is glaring that these policies are part of his government agenda and he is fully behind it, haven't you noticed the body language of Osinbajo recently.... How enthusiastic he has become over anything fintech, electronic payments or CBN cashless policy, they know what they are doing.... And yes many Nigerians are still sleeping and don't know what is happening....

Injera:
THE cash on you at any given time is really the money you own. The cash in bank is not your own because you don't have full control over it as this times have shown.
We are gradually being enslaved and people cannot see it. Emefiele misled Buhari to implement his cashless policy by mopping the cash present in the economy and drastically reducing the notes in circulation. Our rights is gradually disappearing and like the proverbial frog we are gradually being cooked.

1 Like

Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by chrisxxx(m): 5:54am On Feb 05, 2023
Emefiele showed his ani-people policies days after resuming office. Sanusi stopped payment of charges in the use of ATM that is not that of your bank. Immediately Emefiele entered office his first action was to restore that charge.
Emefiele is there today because he sponsored both PDP and APC in 2015 election.
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by mycar: 5:59am On Feb 05, 2023
Stop disturbing an innocent man and say the truth, the last time our currency was redesigned is in April 1984 by Buhari.
This was done by Buhari, so channel your grievances appropriately and don't be a coward.
I can see why urchins are called cowards
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by drlateef: 6:23am On Feb 05, 2023
Upton:

Who do you care about then? You care about those killing nigerians?
Re: Naira Swap Crisis, Why Emefiele Must Resign And Be Arrested by blackmantis: 6:38am On Feb 05, 2023
Injera:

Instead of promoting the cashless policy the CBN has succeeded in turning people away from banks. Many have vowed never to keep money in the bank again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looks Like APC Have Taken More States From PDP / Breaking: Pdp Alleges Rigging Of Governorship Poll In Nasarawa State / If Nigerians Can Purchase Fake Degrees In 2023, Tinubu Did Just That In 1979.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.