Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi (24587 Views)

APC Orders Stoppage Of Campaign By Midnight / Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting To Happen? - By Farooq A. Kperogi / PMB Don't Need To Campaign By Opposition Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Caulay(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2023
No mention of capacity in all Kperogi wrote. This is unlike him. So Yoruba's want to vote Tinubu because he is Yoruba and Northerners want to vote Atiku because he is a northern Muslim. Kperogi is truly not on ground. Peter Obi's acceptance is gradually gaining traction in the far North. 2023 go be so many people like film.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by ogatboy(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2023
The unfortunate truth is besides the bigots , good Nigerians from all part recognise and want someone with a good character, that was why Buhari was sellable and gives Obi an edge, Atiku is not liked in the north, even Jonathan will defeat Atiku in the north, Tinubu is seen by half of yoruba people as a dictator.

People will vote based on ethnicity and religion but Obi will win. Northern Christians who will be shown to be the majority in the north with this election will vote Obi, the south and East is for Obi and more than 40 percent in the west is for Obi.

Everyone has ran thenumbers, El-rufai's team did the numbers and now they are banking on vote buying. If he sure El-rufai, let him release their data
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by hopexter(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2023
GoodHardDickk:
I'm very sure Obi must have prepared his inugration speech by now. No doubt, he is the next president of Nigeria

If Tinubu isn’t winning it, then it’s Atiku. Obi is just a middle man. Is it the North that want to leave there’s and vote Obi or the south west? Or didn’t you hear that Borno alone is 4 times bigger than the entire South east and one local government in north is bigger than Anambra. Where is Obi’s block vote gonna come from? Pls let’s be realistic, just like Soludo said, Obi has no chance of becoming or winning the election.

1 Like

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by IbileIfe: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2023
GoodHardDickk:
I'm very sure Obi must have prepared his inugration speech by now. No doubt, he is the next president of Nigeria
On Nairaland.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by TemmyT002(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2023
Oga Ade, ejo lo fẹ ro.
I am a Yoruba Christian. Obi has my vote.
All your stories na balderdash. We say No To Muslim-Muslim ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by onuman: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2023/02/three-major-shifts-in-presidential.html

Kperogi,
Shorup, your Islamic extremist mouth with which you have been twisting your narratives daily for continuation of your dream Islamic presidency of Nigeria, a country nearly equally divided between Muslims and non-Muslims. A Christian is supposed to succeed President Buhari, a Muslim.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2023
OP stop crying, Tinubu is going nowhere. After ds 2023 election make he prepare to amend his life to God because no Jupiter will make him smell Aso Rock. He can only be Godfather to Lagos successive governor's but can't be the president of 200 + million healthy Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by onuman: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2023
Racoon:

Whoever, like Kperogi, sees the unarguably most qualified presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in unflattering light, belongs to the set of religious bigot or to the class of the pigmies and the hottentots masquerading in Nigeria's political scene as a patriot.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by EeyanMayweather(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2023
Racoon:

Brilliant stuff from Kperogi even if I don't always agree with him. Though, I don't know what is currently happening in the core North but public sentiments are currently in favour of Tinubu amongst the ordinary people of the SW especially after his outbursts in Abeokuta about the retrogressive economic policies being pursued by the central government .
I now see people people who were hitherto not favourably disposed to Tinubu singing a different tune.
He has successfully elicited deep emotions and he will win a lot of sympathy votes .

Despite the fact that a court judgement just removed a very popular Adeleke whom majority of our people truly voted for , his Osun state's campaign witnessed a huge turn out and it was arguably his largest gathering in the SW so far .

The turn coats masquerading as elders led by Adebanjo are now jittery . That's the reason why a man who should know better is now playing religious card to drive a wedge amongst the people grin grin

Tinubu's fate lies squarely in the Muslim North . If he can be very competitive over there , then he'd emerge .
I hope Peter Obi continues the Lord's work in the SS and SE grin grin

1 Like

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by onuman: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2023
Why does Tinubu helping Buhari to win in 2015 must amount in Kperogi's reckoning a debt to be paid back to Tinubu?
Is Kperogi not aware of the politics of fairness which necessitated zoning of the presidency between the north and the south, and that it's the turn of the Igbo in the SE to produce a president for Nigeria?
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by antibullshit: 10:32am On Feb 04, 2023
But it’s undeniable that religion is shaping up to have an outsized influence in mapping the contours of this presidential election. For instance, Tinubu’s erstwhile edge in the Muslim North was anchored on the notion that he was a Muslim who chose to “honor” his religion by damning consequences and choosing another Muslim to be his running mate. Voting for him was framed as a political “jihad” in sermons. No one preaches that in mosques these days, and people who did in the past are now objects of stone-cold derision.

This is a big lie! Just recently they were preaching in mosques that APCs muslim muslim ticket is a jihad!
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by EeyanMayweather(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2023
malali:

Buhari did the same thing when he lost in 2011 when he made a speech in Hausa in Niger :

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’ He did not elaborate further Muhammadu buhari

He chalked it off to being a Hausa Idiom, however that was an audacious not befitting statement from a presidential aspirant.

I am no supporter of Asiwaju or Atiku however claiming religious affinity at this stage in the game is a rouse to start the ground work to annul or deny a mandate.

You can not move the goal post in the middle of the game....If i was Asiwaju i will fight with the last drop of blood i have.....What does he have to lose....There comes a time in a mans life, Where you stay and fight....If you die....you die.
As per your last sentence, he is doing that already.
He's called Asiwaju for a reason.
He knows all their secrets and that's why he has been confidently taking them on since June 2022 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Zeezenho: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2023
Ogsirsolo:
You hate your self bro they never hate you but you always think you're smarter then the rest but you forget the Yoruba's our accommodating when you push them they will surely give u a bit

Stop deceiving your self no one leave anywhere for free.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Grandkay21(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2023
The hand writing is clear , if Tinubu fails he we back up the agitation for a yoruba nation and the truth will be split out
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by buhariguy(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
The chance to redeem this country is approximately 2 weeks from now.

If the suffering and hardship is not enough for you kindly vote APC and suffer more.

If you are tired of the suffering and hardship vote wisely.

tinubu is the best candidate, your suffering will be over, the same way idiotic pigs of biafra always run to lagos like london.
But you see that obi.diot, things will be worst, your suffering will be time 2 because the economy will be dried up like awka, the meaning of awka in bini is dry.
Atiku is a well know thief, is a write off

1 Like

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Psoul(m): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2023
Ogsirsolo:
You hate your self bro they never hate you but you always think you're smarter then the rest but you forget the Yoruba's our accommodating when you push them they will surely give u a bit

Well, I never expected response better than this from anyone from your tribe. I already knew you will come up with this.
I am not here to argue with ppl like you.
I may not waste my time doing so, especially with someone that will never see reason beyond his limited knowledge.

Finally, I will advice you to try to improve in your grammar and writing skill. It's very important.
Thanks for commenting.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by buhariguy(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2023
onuman:
Why does Tinubu helping Buhari to win in 2015 must amount in Kperogi's reckoning a debt to be paid back to Tinubu?
Is Kperogi not aware of the politics of fairness which necessitated zoning of the presidency between the north and the south, and that it's the turn of the Igbo in the SE to produce a president for Nigeria?
is the turn of igbos in PDP, not in APC,
It was pdp that zone it to South in 1999,
Apc also zone it to north in 2015,
That is why tinubu said is his turn in apc, because igbos in apc were not ready and they could not win their poling unit for apc
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by dochenaj: 11:34am On Feb 04, 2023
This man basically said nothing.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by OsunOriginal: 11:41am On Feb 04, 2023
Racoon:

This guy is too petty. How did he get his professorship and which university conferred it on him?

So, that Tinubu can't recite the Quran now makes Atiku or Obi a better choice? Oponu... Atiku and Obi are islamic scholars abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by dochenaj: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2023
hopexter:
If Tinubu isn’t winning it, then it’s Atiku. Obi is just a middle man. Is it the North that want to leave there’s and vote Obi or the south west? Or didn’t you hear that Borno alone is 4 times bigger than the entire South east and one local government in north is bigger than Anambra. Where is Obi’s block vote gonna come? Pls let’s be realistic, just like Soludo said, Obi has no chance of becoming of winning the election.
It is bloc votes not block votes.

The fact that you didn't know that, shows me you don't understand what it means either, hence what you said in the bolded section.

Pick up a dictionary, check up the word and come back and ask that question again.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by bjdon: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2023
I sually respect Farooq's write ups, but this has to be one of his worst. There is no evidence whatsoever that Yoruba christians are turning to Tinuub. I have Youruba in-laws and every one of them is solidly backing PO. They detest Tinubu for a number of reasons, the Muslim-Muslim ticket is just one.
Tinubu is sinking and nothing can save him
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by onuman: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2023
buhariguy:
is the turn of igbos in PDP, not in APC,
It was pdp that zone it to South in 1999,
Apc also zone it to north in 2015,
That is why tinubu said is his turn in apc, because igbos in apc were not ready and they could not win their poling unit for apc

Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba, served the turn of the southwest between 1999-2007 through the PDP formed by an Igbo man, Alex Ekwueme. Develop a sense of decency. It's the turn of the Igbo to present a president for Nigeria.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by jyz200(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2023
cool
Coolsperm:
Even we Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools. God will punish Tinubu for running on Muslim Muslim ticket, and we Yoruba Christian's will also punish him for that

I think this profile is created by some unknown group to cause religious segregation among the yorubas
But he failed cool

Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by buhariguy(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2023
onuman:

Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba, served the turn of the southwest between 1999-2007 through the PDP formed by an Igbo man, Alex Ekwueme. Develop a sense of decency. It's the turn of the Igbo to present a president for Nigeria.
is party affair,
Igbos should hold pdp responsible for denying igbos their ticket
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by writeprof(m): 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
INEC should just convert this election to a referendum based on these 3 points:

1) Do you want Nigeria to be restructured to the 1960s system?

2) Do you subscribe to six (6) politically independent zones/nations?

3) Do you agree that a weak centre -presidency - or we have a Prime Minister - and six (6) strong units/zones be instituted?

This will reduce the fixation on becoming president just to have access to the wealth of the nation to satisfy ethnic, religious, primordial and selfish interests of one individual and his circle.

IS THERE TRULY A ONE UNITED NIGERIA
DO ALL THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by buhariguy(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2023
OsunOriginal:

This guy is too petty. How did he get his professorship and which university conferred it on him?

So, that Tinubu can't recite the Quran now makes Atiku or Obi a better choice? Oponu... Atiku and Obi are islamic scholars abi?
the guy don't even know how to win election,
His job is to entice thief atiku,
Just imagine, he want North to vote for thief,
Besides, is party affair, APC North will vote for their candidate, while PDP North will vote for their candidate,
The difference is base on who has the most decampee, will win, that will be like 50-50% or apc will get 60% because of the highest number of apc states.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Timfreds(m): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
Insightful piece.
Let's how BAT will finish the fight.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Karlirk: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Good English does not equate to sound judgment. Your sense of judgment is very poor Kperoogi.

I stopped reading Kperoogi during the APC Primaries when I discovered he was feeding off Tinubu. He has returned again.

He has returned again. Very manipulative. So sad there are rarely any honest writers/journalists in Nigeria.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by hopexter(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
dochenaj:

It is bloc votes not block votes.

The fact that you didn't know that shows me you don't understand what it means either, hence what you said in the bolded section.

Pick up a dictionary, check up the word and come back and ask that question again.

Did you answer the question? That means you don’t know. Now you understand that Obi will never win. So you you all should keep deceiving yourselves with rants.
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Emmaculate77(m): 1:24pm On Feb 04, 2023
I smell PDP handwriting all over this. Keep on joking, PO is coming
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by Owologbo(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
Racoon:

"..Oluwo in a statement issued by his media aide, Alli Ibrahim on Friday, said yoruba separatists agenda will be justified if power is retained in the north in 2023, urging politicians not to tear Nigeria apart....

I Will Join Yoruba Nation Agitators If … – Oluwo
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/ill-join-yoruba-nation-agitators-if-oluwo/

To save them from the same fulani empire they helped to enthroned?
Re: Three Major Shifts In The Presidential Campaign By Farooq A. Kperogi by onuman: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
buhariguy:
is party affair,
Igbos should hold pdp responsible for denying igbos their ticket

No. APC affair is not the same as Nigeria affair. Obasanjo was not in PDP when the party got registered by Alex Ekwueme. Obasanjo was in prison then.
Even at that, there are many Igbo presidential materials who formed APC with Tinubu and Atiku and others. If you are normal, you should have backed any of those Igbos in APC to clinch the presidential ticket of APC. Why Tinubu from the SW?
The more brilliant Yorubas in Afenifere give you political agberos from the SW good direction, but you Agberos led by a senile and ex drug trafficking baron refuse to listen to the Afenifere. You political agberos of the SW chose to stoke the embers of more wahala in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LP Campaign: Leaked Audio On Obi, Oyedepo Is Deep Fake / "I Generate Over 30MW From Generators Daily In My State" - Atiku Abubakar / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.