Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,538 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash (260 Views)

Fighting Corruption Not An Economic Policy; Peter Obi To Buhari / Atiku Having "Cash Flow" Problems / APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2023
We can't want to end corruption, kidnapping, and armed robbery and at the same time insist on having access to large volumes of cash. It won't work

These vices are the biggest problem Nigeria has got, they all can be settled without trace in cash , and we must go cashless to end them.

Rather than pursue cash, Nigerians should focus on developing and using alternative channels like bank transfer, POS, USSD, Web payments, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by DispatcherLagos: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2023
kingsways:
We can't want to end corruption, kidnapping, and armed robbery and at the same time insist on having access to large volumes of cash. It won't work

These vices are the biggest problem Nigeria has got, they all can be settled without trace in cash , and we must go cashless to end them.

Rather than pursue cash, Nigerians should focus on developing and using alternative channels like bank transfer, POS, USSD, Web payments, etc.
In as much as I agree with you, but the time frame is rather too short and we were taken inaware.

It couldn't have been this way if the government cut down cash supply by at most 50% rather than ceasing everything without providing alternative.
I like how active Buhari is right now, but soft pedaling on some issues is highly needed
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

In as much as I agree with you, but the time frame is rather too short and we were taken inaware.

It couldn't have been this way if the government cut down cash supply by at most 50% rather than ceasing everything without providing alternative.
I like how active Buhari is right now, but soft pedaling on some issues is highly needed

Well when you have the type of corruption, armed, Banditry, and kidnapping as in Nigeria, you must pay a price if you want to end it
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

People should limit the use of cash. People should use electronic channels mostly and only use cas where it is inevitable. 20k cash a day should do anyone.
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by DispatcherLagos: 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
kingsways:

People should limit the use of cash. People should use electronic channels mostly and only use cas where it is inevitable. 20k cash a day should do anyone.
Electronic channels that can disappoint at will?
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Electronic channels that can disappoint at will?

Yes it can, so we should focus on fixing that and making it more reliable
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
[quote author=DispatcherLagos post=120638654]
Electronic channels that can disappoint at will?[/quote

There are challenges sometimes but the apps mostly work fine
Re: Nigerians Must Choose Between Fighting Corruption And Having Cash by kingsways: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
The choice before Nigerians is very clear:

It's either
⁸ we have access to unlimited volumes of cash and then we live with corruption, kidnapping, Banditry, armed robbery, etc

Or

We forget cash, embrace electronic payment channels and frustrate criminals who use cash to settle their criminal activities

(1) (Reply)

A Vote For Tinubu Is A Vote For Boko-Haram / Why Is APC Now Using Fake Pictures, Without Videos To Campaign For Tinubu? / I Was Fooled To Campaign For Tinubu In 1999 – Seun Kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.