Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise (2502 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hello Experts,

My mum drove a Toyota carry 1998 for some years. The car developed fault and she has not been driving any car for about 2 years now.

I intend getting her a car very soon. I am hoping and praying I get the complete money in one week.

1. I am sure of the brand I want for her (A Toyota)
2. I am not yet sure whether I should go for a Camry or a Corolla
3. My budget is between 4m and 4.5m because cars are now very expensive
4. I don't want Nigerian used, I want foreign used
5. I checked online and I saw that my budget will be able to afford between 2009 and 2010 Models. I initially wanted a 2013 model but my budget cannot get a foreign used car of that year.

Please advise on whether to settle for a Corolla or Camry

Kindly also give reasons.

In addition, I will appreciate if Car Talk section regulars can suggest the best Expert I can hire to help with inspection in Lagos car ports. I am willing to pay for his services.

Thank you
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
Toyota RAV4 2010 is the perfect fit for your price.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Ahmed0336(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2023
I don't know much about cars but my own be say " May God bless you for doing this for your mom"

Unlike some he-hens, na olosho for finish d money. undecided

25 Likes

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
Ahmed0336:
I don't know much about cars but my own be say " May God bless you for doing this for your mom"

Unlike some he-hens, na olosho for finish d money. undecided
Hmmmm. Amen to the prayer. Thank you

I will come back to reply this comment properly. That's after God makes my plan possible
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
Or a Camry 2012
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
Olasyke:
Toyota RAV4 2010 is the perfect fit for your price.
Is it that cheap? Foreign used? My mum loves SUV but I have 2 concerns:

1. Will she be able to maintain it?
2. Can I afford a good SUV?
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Is it that cheap? Foreign used? My mum loves SUV but I have 2 concerns:

1. Will she be able to maintain it?
2. Can I afford a good SUV?
I don't really know about cars but my neighbor bought this 2010 RAV4 for his 2nd wife last year, they have a good mechanic and inspector so, the car came in well and since then, it's been running fine. He bought it middle of last year for 4.8 or something. Since it's Toyota, your mom should be able to maintain it.
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
Olasyke:

I don't really know about cars but my neighbor bought this 2010 RAV4 for his 2nd wife last year, they have a good mechanic and inspector so, the car came in well and since then, it's been running fine. He bought it middle of last year for 4.8 or something. Since it's Toyota, your mom should be able to maintain it.
Thank you

This is the range I am seeing for Foreign used

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Thank you

This is the range I am seeing for the Foreign used
Yeah, cars got more expensive since buhari and customs implemented a new policy during the end of last year, hence the increase. But, I'm sure you're going to find a good one that matches your price. Just make sure you have a good mechanic or inspector. Wether you want to buy naija used or abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Thank you

This is the range I am seeing for Foreign used
You can @gazzuzz and other car enthusiast who can help with the acquisition.
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2023
Olasyke:

You can @gazzuzz and other car enthusiast who can help with the acquisition.
Thank you. I think I know that name.
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Timagex(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
God, let me be able to buy a car and do other great things for my mum one day!

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
Timagex:
God, let me be able to buy a car and do other great things for my mum one day!
Amen
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Philipgarza31: 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Whatever u get her make sure it's a toks a d stay away from Honda. She can't handle Honda headache and women are quiy careless when it comes to car maintenance

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by nurey(m): 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2023
Philipgarza31:
Whatever u get her make sure it's a toks a d stay away from Honda. She can't handle Honda headache and women are quiy careless when it comes to car maintenance

funny false comment, which wahala does honda gives that toyota doesnt give x2.

@ op i would have adviced you buy a honda but seems your mind is made on toyota you can buy her a 2010 or 2011 camry 4cylinder i trust it more than the 2008 to 2013 corolla. leave honda for the enlightened ones like US.

15 Likes

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by uncleck: 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Experts,

My mum drove a Toyota carry 1998 for some years. The car developed fault and she has not been driving any car for about 2 years now.

I intend getting her a car very soon. I am hoping and praying I get the complete money in one week.

5. I checked online and I saw that my budget will be able to afford between 2009 and 2010 Models. I initially wanted a 2013 model but my budget cannot get a foreign used car of that year.

In addition, I will appreciate if Car Talk section regulars can suggest the best Expert I can hire to help with inspection in Lagos car ports. I am willing to pay for his services.

Thank you
Your mother, drives in Nigeria... I'll suggest any of RAV4, Honda CR-V, Toyota Highlander. Anyone you can afford from 2007 and above...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
Philipgarza31:
My mom used Honda for five years and I don't think I ever saw the leg pull off or other generalized issues about Honda
You shouldn't generalize though.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by dadabashua1(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2023
nurey:

funny false comment, which wahala does honda gives that toyota doesnt give x2.

@ op i would have adviced you buy a honda but seems your mind is made on toyota you can buy her a 2010 or 2011 camry 4cylinder i trust it more than the 2008 to 2013 corolla. leave honda for the enlightened ones like US.
don't stress yourself sir,some people will NEVER update or upgrade their knowledge,funny enough a Honda product score the highest score when it comes to my personal experience with different brands which includes the Toyota both Camry and corolla...the Honda served me better and I rated it higher personal experience grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Manuella4ace: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
Get her a 2010 Camry with 2ar engine.
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hello good afternoon,
I will suggest you buy her a foreign used Toyota corolla 2009, Toyota corolla is one of the best cars, it is reliable and the fuel consumption is low.

I have a 2009 foreign used Toyota corolla for sale right now in a perfect working condition l, it's very neat and you would love it. And it's going for 4.2m naira.
If you make up your mind on buying her Toyota corolla, please kindly call me on 09056443382.
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
@Marpol @Lalasticlala @Seun

I need more responses from very experienced guys here please.

I also need a Well-known, Tested and Trusted Expert on Nairaland to assist with inspection in Lagos on Friday 9th February.

Thank you
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

I need more responses from very experienced guys here please.

I also need a Well-known, Tested and Trusted Expert on Nairaland to assist with inspection in Lagos on Friday 9th February.

Thank you

Kindly assist, this is needed urgently.

Thank you
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
@Gazzuzz , I will be needing your services please
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Michael547(m): 8:26am On Feb 15, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello Experts,

Thank you
I do do professional car inspection sir incase you need my service.....contact me on 08167469103
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by NaijaCover(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
Following The Thread
Re: I Want To Get A Car For My Mum, Please Advise by Jagermeister(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
post=120985414:
Following The Thread

Guy don't follow this thread... Young man wants to buy momma a car.. you wan report accident with the car?

Get out abeg!

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

V And I Engines, Which Is Better? Pros And Cons Of Each! / Honda Civic 03/05 Vs Pegeot 307 Hatchback 03/05/08 / Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.