Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids (995 Views)

Ronaldo Wants To Pay For Damage Caused By Bodyguard Crashing His Bugatti / Ronnie Brunswijk: Vice President Of Suriname Plays For Their National Team / Sierra Leone Striker Mohamed Buya Turay Says His Swollen Feet Was Caused By Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2023
What messed Ronnie up wasn't steroids or lifting; it was surgery. They did 13 surgeries in his spine, each one leading to another until Ronnie was almost paralyzed by the sheer number of bolts, screws, and cages in his back.

It's too bad what happened to him. His entire spine was replaced by a doctor. I'm sure a better doctor would have caught that mistake.

It's so sad that we can't even point fingers; how can you operate on a mutant when his sheer size is enough to wipe out any surgeon's experience working on him?

Ronnie is not your average person; he is one of a kind, and not just because he was so insanely huge that even professional bodybuilders couldn't help but stare at the absurdity that was his physique at his peak.

But as a person, Ronnie is and has always been as generous and uplifting as he is gigantic and strong, and you have no idea how insane Ronnie Coleman was in his prime, it was like an alien got out of the spaceship to talk to us, the friendliest most ginormous silly goose of an Alien.

I challenge you to find a single person who has anything negative to say about Ronnie; anyone who had even the slightest involvement with him has nothing but positive things to say about him; he was a gentleman in winning, and a relentless hard worker as an underdog.

Simple acts of generosity, such as lifting the arms of the competition even when he was the winner, as he admired his peers, no ego, just pure passion for the art of bodybuilding.

He began as a powerlifter, building a strong foundation with compound lifts before transitioning to bodybuilding, where he failed a lot and lost a lot before becoming the most absurd bodybuilder to ever step on stage.

We were taught that bodybuilders are reckless steroid abusers and doctors are dependable life savers.

And as a result, you might assume that Ronnie Coleman, a man who has spent his entire life in the weight room, and who still trains daily even while using crutches, didn't know what he was doing?

Do you believe that greatness happens by chance? Do you believe Ronnie became who he was because he didn't know how to protect himself while lifting? Consider again.

I can make a long list of powerlifters who have lifted far more than Ronnie, even at much lower body weights, and who have never had 13 surgeries.

It breaks my heart to see casuals criticizing such a beautiful human being, and it is Ronnie himself who gives me the strength to forgive because he does not judge anyone criticizing him, and he still carries himself as the true King he is, full of joy and passion for lifting and bodybuilding.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/04/ronnie-colemans-paralysis-was-caused-by-surgery-not-steroids/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2023
More photos

2 Likes

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by doggedfighter(f): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
What a hulk !

Never knew he's human !

1 Like

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
doggedfighter:
What a hulk !

What man !

He was blessed genetically but had to use Steroids to become a Champion of Building for close to a decade. It's so sad what he has presently turned out to become; a vegetable!
Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by doggedfighter(f): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
SReporters:

He was blessed genetically but had to use Steroids to become a Champion of Building for close to a decade. It's so sad what he has presently turned out to become; a vegetable!

And here they're blaming surgeons.

Wish I can see what he looks like now undecided
Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
doggedfighter:

And here they're blaming surgeons.

Wish I can see what he looks like now undecided

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by doggedfighter(f): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
SReporters:

Thanks for the pictures.

He's old but not in vegetative state.
Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
doggedfighter:

Thanks for the pictures.

He's old but not in vegetative state.

He's not old..... The steroids and paralysis state made him looked old

1 Like

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by LIVINGICONREBOR: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2023
Yeah buddy!! Lightweight!!

Truth be told that is just one of the hazards of pro bodybuilding. Those heavyweights squatting will surely tell on the body in future after series of mechanical injury.

In all the pics up there, ronnie was already on steroids. Don't get it twisted

I still have much respect for this man. Still the GOAT of pro bodybuilding. Big Ron!! angry

1 Like

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
Yeah buddy!! Lightweight!!

Truth be told that is just one of the hazards of pro bodybuilding. Those heavyweights squatting will surely tell on the body in future after series of mechanical injury.

In all the pics up there, ronnie was already on steroids. Don't get it twisted

I still have much respect for this man. Still the GOAT of pro bodybuilding. Big Ron!! angry

In his early years, he wasn't on steroids.... He started when he got actively into professional bodybuilding
Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by LIVINGICONREBOR: 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2023
Ronnie was already on steroids in this pix below .To become a pro bodybuilder entails steroid intake. Ronnie was already competing here.

Don't argue what u are not sure of.

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
Ronnie was already on steroids in this pix below .To become a pro bodybuilder entails steroid intake. Ronnie was already competing here.

Don't argue what u are not sure of.

I meant in his early years before he ventured into bodybuilding, he wasn't on steroids.

He was naturally big genetically before usage of steroids which actually brought the best out of him
Check out the pic below

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by LIVINGICONREBOR: 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2023
SReporters:

I meant in his early years before he ventured into bodybuilding, he wasn't on steroids.

He was naturally big genetically before usage of steroids which actually brought the best out of him
Check out the pic below

Ronnie was already on steroids in that pix and even competing. Can't you see his muscle striations and definitions with his bicep peaks? You think say steroids no dey involved. Asides steroids, there are other recreational drugs like diuretics ( for removal of water from the body) and even insulin pumps. Any pro body builder you see is a walking bag of polypharmacy. That is not to belittle their hardcore work ethics, discipline and hardwork. Ronnie was a freak of nature in his prime. 🤨

1 Like

Re: Ronnie Coleman's Paralysis Was Caused By Surgery, Not Steroids by SReporters: 10:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:

Ronnie was already on steroids in that pix and even competing. Can't you see his muscle striations and definitions with his bicep peaks? You think say steroids no dey involved. Asides steroids, there are other recreational drugs like diuretics ( for removal of water from the body) and even insulin pumps. Any pro body builder you see is a walking bag of polypharmacy. That is not to belittle their hardcore work ethics, discipline and hardwork. Ronnie was a freak of nature in his prime. 🤨

"Walking bag of polypharmacy" cheesy This got me laughing out wild

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Warriors vs. Zimbabweans / Mikel Obi Is Aggressive And Inexperienced / Opabunmi Eyes Top Flight Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.