Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle (804 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Fraudulent Schemes: Imo Concorde Hotel And Marriot / Supreme Court: Imo Youths Storm The Streets For Governor Hope Uzodinma / Governor Hope Uzodinma Makes First Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by Poten111: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
The man Hope Uzodinma has been trailed by a life of fraud. In fact this not the first time he is buying a judgement from the Supreme Court.

In 2011, Hope Uzodinma rigged out Senator Osita Izunaso during the Imo West Senatorial Zone PDP primaries. Izunaso took him to court and won both at the high court and the court of appeal.

True to his nature, Hope Uzodinma did his magic and purchased judgement at the Supreme Court to emerge. That was how Hope Uzodinma became a Senator.

Never has there been a man whose life has been filled with fraud and forgery at every turn.

The records are out there in the public domain.

1. Before he was busted in 2012, Hope Uzodinma had in an interview with ThisDay, on his Facebook page and other documents, indicated that he holds a degree in Arts/Criminology from Washington University, St Louis Missouri United States.

Investigations at the Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri showed that Hope Uzodinma never smelled a degree from the ranking University. Every document he has to that effect are all forged.

After he was exposed, he quickly deleted his Academic records from his profile. Till date he is yet to make his academic record public. One begins to wonder what he used on his INEC form.

2. In 2005, Spring Bank Plc, lodged a complaint with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Hope Uzodinma for fraudulent diversion and obtaining money under false pretense (a.k.a, 419).

After a thorough investigation, the EFCC found a prima facie case against Hope Uzodinma and filed a nine-count charge against him at the High Court of Lagos State, Ikeja Division in Charge No. ID/82C/2008: F.R.N vs HOPE UZODINMA.

According to a petition filed by Festus Keyamo (yes, the same Festus Keyamo who is now a Minister in Buhari's government), since the charges were filed against him, Hope Uzodinma has been running from pillar to post trying to frustrate his arraignment.

3. Hope Uzodinma as a majority shareholder and the Managing Director of Transurb Technical Consult Ltd, was owing Bank PHB up to the sum of N690,000,000( Six Hundred and Ninety Million Naira), not to mention his debts with other banks.

As a result, there is a subsisting suit pending against the company at the High Court of Justice, Lagos, Lagos State Division before Justice Onyeabor.

The suit is to the effect that Transurb Technical Consult be wound up and the Directors (including Hope Uzodinma) be declared bankrupt as loans collected by the company have not been serviced and cannot be paid.

4. Hope Uzodinma was involved in a 12 million dollars fraud case that has been lingering since 2016.

In the heat of the APC Governorship Primaries in 2018, Hope Uzodinma was arrested for defrauding the Nigerian Ports Authority of $12 million (4.3 billion naira) in a contract scam.

Uzodinma was arrested for the failure of his company to execute a contract of 12 million US dollars the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, awarded him, for the dredging of the Calabar channel.

After evading arrest for about a year, Hope Uzodinma was arrested in Abuja on the directives of the Special Presidential Investigative Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, SPIPRPP.

According to Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, who is the chairman of the panel, Uzodinma begged to be released from detention after he allegedly developed high blood pressure. He was released on administrative bail, to return at a stipulated date for questioning. He has not returned since.

5. Prior to the $12 million fraud case, Hope Uzodinma is facing a two-count criminal charge of non-discosure of assets before the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court.

The charge, which was assigned to trial Justice Babatunde Quadri, read: “That you, Senator Hope Uzodinma (Male) on or about March 5, 2018, being a public officer with the National Assembly, Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, committed an offence to wit: refused to declare your assets without reasonable excuse and upon notice to declare your assets before the Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Abuja, contrary to and punishable under Section 3 (3) (1) (a) of the Recovery of Public Property (Special Provision) Act 2004.

6. As a result of the fraud case, and following the introduction of Executive Order 6, Hope Uzodinma is on a travel ban alongside 38 other treasury looters by the Federal Government.

7. Hope Uzodinma is also facing another fraud case in court levelled against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Hope Uzodinma connived with two companies, Smiec Engineering & Chemical Construction Company, and Niger Global Engineering &Technical Company, to issue a UBA dud cheque of 200 million naira to Chitex Ventures, owned by one Mr Chima Akuzie.

In September 2018, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, presided over by Justice Abdullahab Mohammed ordered for the arrest of Hope Uzodinma following his repeated refusal to appear before the court to defend himself.

As you might have guessed already, Hope Uzodinma has been evading arrest ever since.

The simple truth remains that Hope Uzodinma is notorious for fraudulent controversies.

©️ International Centre for Investigative Journalism

4 Likes

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by duro4chang(m): 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
After his tenure take him to efcc . We can't do anything here.

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by JOemmy(m): 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
Too bad imo state have just been unfortunate with horrible governors since after mbakwe left the scene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by Poten111: 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2023
duro4chang:
After his tenure take him to efcc . We can't do anything here.

The post was not meant for powerless and toothless people. I'm sorry you read it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by duro4chang(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
Poten111:

The post was not meant for powerless and toothless people. I'm sorry you read it.
I do not wrestle with pigs. Please pack your load and go. Look for your playmate

2 Likes

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by Poten111: 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2023
duro4chang:
I do not wrestle with pigs. Please pack your load and go. Look for your playmate

If I am a pig. You're a pigsty. I should pack my load from a post I made? While you remain here? Ode!

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by SmartPolician: 2:57am On Feb 05, 2023
In truth, I have repeatedly stated that with the way Nigeria is designed, you can hardly make it in this country without fraud. For instance, just imagine what your federal government pays graduates and think of how long it will take them to save their first ONE million.

That's why we need a Peter Obi to carry out extensive reforms and change a lot of things in this country. As for Hope Uzodinma, God willing, he's not winning this December election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by duro4chang(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Poten111:

If I am a pig. You're a pigsty. I should pack my load from a post I made? While you remain here? Ode!
every trash you wrote has shown who you are. I have nothing to do with empty headed pig.

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Governor Hope Uzodinma’s Fraudulent Lifestyle by Poten111: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2023
duro4chang:
every trash you wrote has shown who you are. I have nothing to do with empty headed pig.

Shut up and move on. slowpoke. You have nothing to do with me but you come to my post to tell me what to do. Ozwor!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Corrupt Tinubu Or Obi. Win 500K / Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments / Biafra: Relocate To South East To Show You Truly Want Biafra. But They Can’t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.