Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments (809 Views)

PDP Primary: Anyim Congratulates Atiku, Decries Voting On Primordial Sentiments / COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR / It Is Time To Rise Above Primordial Sentiments And Elect An...(continue Reading) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by LongwayGone2021: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2023
When Adesua, Banky W's wife cried out at the early period of the elections, she must have been privy to the likely voting pattern which had shown considerably not in her family's favour. She let out a big distress shout to alert Nigerians to watch out for a possible tribal-coloured outcome of the election. In her words, "if you’re tribalistic in this day and age, there is something fundamentally wrong with you." At the time, the indomitable gengs couldn't comprehend why her outcry; they thought it was APC she was throwing the shades at so they cheered her up and tagged her a democratic hero.

However, when the verdict came out, two things also became clear: One, she herself and of course, her frenzy and politician husband now understood the dynamics of politics — that you find yourself in the same camp as others doesn't necessarily mean you have anything in common with them. A situation might have led everyone into that same camp albeit different dimensions and on different grounds. Imagine a community overrun by tsunami and everyone scampering for safety. It is not uncommon to see people from diverse backgrounds in the same coven— a situation has lumped them up under the same roof. The case of Banky W and the betrayal suffered from the pro-Obi camp is a case of, my friend's enemy is my enemy, and vice versa. However, not minding that in some situations, if one is not careful, an inherited friend might as well turn out to be your own worse enemy, same as an inherited enemy might be more of a friend to you. So this is a summary narrative of Banky W's fate — He had been in a toxic friendship cycle with supposed friends, and it turned out to be a one way traffic kind of relationship, unbeknownst.

Second lesson is that, it now become clear that the said movement is rather a pro-Obi/Igbo and not in anyway an all-encompassed anti-establishment movement. Giving the demographic pattern of votes, especially in places with metropolitan status, it's crystal clear that the interest of Obidient movement isn't actually a unifying one—there are other conspiracies and clandestine inspirations to it, and perhaps as the situation has subtly brought to fore, is to end a long standing deprivation of leadership right!

This is where I blame and I also salute the Yorubas. Although, sometimes, they choose not only to be hypocritical, they also sometimes shed water on their gullibility. Apologies to dissent voice.

What more this election has revealed is that, Hausa has yet again maintained their long enduring ideological leniency with the Yorubas, and have also clearly maintained their long enduring misgivings about the Igbos. Simply put, they stayed through for Yorubas. And in the likes manners, to an equal extent, Yorubas too reciprocated — check the votes patterns! Yorubas give as many votes as they get from the Hausas. But sadly, same cannot be said of Igbos Versus Hausa or Igbo Versus Yoruba.

Although, out of the Yorubas long standing flexible political ideology, i.e the ideology that rather prioritises unity, peace and harmony, cultural alignment and merit above religion and sectionalism, they often swayed their political strength accordingly.

In doing this, in this election, two things happened: one, it solidifies Yoruba long standing symbiotic relationship with the North, and sadly also reawaken them to more-like parasitic tendency of their major votes beneficiary, the Igbos. The outcome of this presidential elections have rapidly sketched out the all-the-while hidden parasitic inter-ethnic relationships amongst the three major divisions of the country.

#I-Come-In-Peace🤞

3 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by helinues: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2023
So in M.I, Bank W lulee again in this election?

2 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by BigIyanga: 8:19am On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:
So Banky lost to Chinedu in 2023, 2019?
So APC/AD/ACN of Lagos hasnt always played tribal card?

3 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by olisaEze(m): 8:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Mr Wellington lost the elections because he was on the wrong side of what many election observers have termed 'the Obi tsunami' nothing else! It’s the same phenomenon that saw the APC sweeping the PDP out of the leadership of the NASS in the 2015 polls. When you’re presented with three ballot papers and ur intent was to only vote in the presidential election, most will just tick the same party all through! There’s nothing primordial about that, abi did Banky think he was sitting on the throne of his forefathers?? grin If he had performed well his people would have kept him there instead of voting in a gym instructor! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by helinues: 8:20am On Mar 14, 2023
BigIyanga:

Which opata this one dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Roboto11: 8:20am On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:

He is worthy as a representative.

Sadly, many Nigerians are politically immature and parochial.
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by helinues: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Roboto11:

He is worthy as a representative.

Sadly, many Nigerians are politically immature and parochial.

Banky has not been associating with the right party in Lagos state
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Roboto11: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:

Banky has not been associating with the right party in Lagos state

I agree.

He chooses to be a maverick.

Surely, his name and reputation should be good enough for his locality.

Politics sha.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by colorsofrainbow: 8:30am On Mar 14, 2023
LongwayGone2021:
When Adesua, Banky W's wife cried out at the early period of the elections, she must have been privy to the likely voting pattern which had shown considerably not in her family's favour. She let out a big distress shout to alert Nigerians to watch out for a possible tribal-coloured outcome of the election. In her words, "if you’re tribalistic in this day and age, there is something fundamentally wrong with you." At the time, the indomitable gengs couldn't comprehend why her outcry; they thought it was APC she was throwing the shades at so they cheered her up and tagged her a democratic hero.

However, when the verdict came out, two things also became clear: One, she herself and of course, her frenzy and politician husband now understood the dynamics of politics — that you find yourself in the same camp as others doesn't necessarily mean you have anything in common with them. A situation might have led everyone into that same camp albeit different dimensions and on different grounds. Imagine a community overrun by tsunami and everyone scampering for safety. It is not uncommon to see people from diverse backgrounds in the same coven— a situation has lumped them up under the same roof. The case of Banky W and the betrayal suffered from the pro-Obi camp is a case of, my friend's enemy is my enemy, and vice versa. However, not minding that in some situations, if one is not careful, an inherited friend might as well turn out to be your own worse enemy, same as an inherited enemy might be more of a friend to you. So this is a summary narrative of Banky W's fate — He had been in a toxic friendship cycle with supposed friends, and it turned out to be a one way traffic kind of relationship, unbeknownst.

Second lesson is that, it now become clear that the said movement is rather a pro-Obi/Igbo and not in anyway an all-encompassed anti-establishment movement. Giving the demographic pattern of votes, especially in places with metropolitan status, it's crystal clear that the interest of Obidient movement isn't actually a unifying one—there are other conspiracies and clandestine inspirations to it, and perhaps as the situation has subtly brought to fore, is to end a long standing deprivation of leadership right!

This is where I blame and I also salute the Yorubas. Although, sometimes, they choose not only to be hypocritical, they also sometimes shed water on their gullibility. Apologies to dissent voice.

What more this election has revealed is that, Hausa has yet again maintained their long enduring ideological leniency with the Yorubas, and have also clearly maintained their long enduring misgivings about the Igbos. Simply put, they stayed through for Yorubas. And in the likes manners, to an equal extent, Yorubas too reciprocated — check the votes patterns! Yorubas give as many votes as they get from the Hausas. But sadly, same cannot be said of Igbos Versus Hausa or Igbo Versus Yoruba.

Although, out of the Yorubas long standing flexible political ideology, i.e the ideology that rather prioritises unity, peace and harmony, cultural alignment and merit above religion and sectionalism, they often swayed their political strength accordingly.

In doing this, in this election, two things happened: one, it solidifies Yoruba long standing symbiotic relationship with the North, and sadly also reawaken them to more-like parasitic tendency of their major votes beneficiary, the Igbos. The outcome of this presidential elections have rapidly sketched out the all-the-while hidden parasitic inter-ethnic relationships amongst the three major divisions of the country.

#I-Come-In-Peace🤞

You are going to end in pieces. Deluded tribal urchin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Philgafauto: 8:34am On Mar 14, 2023
I don’t think this your tribalism will prevail this Saturday. How does banky W represent Yorubas?

I’m just tired of all these APC people.

I hope igbos see how Yorubas and APC hate you?

Make una no go develop una land. These people will go violent on igbos very soon. Just watch.

4 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Zincfingers: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2023
I have no pity for the clown called Banky W.
Deyemi Okanlawon's rant was so sweet to watch . Didn't we warn them to be weary of those fascists masquerading their ethnic agenda with some pseudo anti establishment sentiments ?

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by GorillaApp(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2023
BigIyanga:

I used to see most Yorubas as urbane, exposed and cosmopolitan in nature but recent happenings have shown otherwise. Their elites have sown seeds of discord and the gullible ones are running with
Banky lost because there was a wave of distrust against the old order.
People voted blindly ( for labour) not caring if the recipient of their vote is worthy or not. They where just thumbing for labour in all the electoral category. This same thing happened in Delta state, Edo, and in other parts of Nigeria.
Others saw it for what it is, but some deluded Yoruba saw it as Ipob/ Igbo dominance.

When the Igbos supported Abiola ( even my later father voted for him), they were not evil
They voted Obasanjo, no problem. They voted yar adua, Jonathan and even Atiku in 2019. There was no problem.
Then Obi came and they voted for him and it became and offence.

The Northern expansionist terror wing that is killing and maiming people in their lands are not enemies, it is the Igbo man that goes about his business and who have never raised a stick against you in the guise of claiming your so called land is now their headache.lol.

5 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by OneCandleAway(f): 8:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Have you gone to find out who campaigned better between banky and his rival attoh?

Banky didn't campaign compared to LP candidate. The LP candidate really worked hard, hoses yo house campaign, met area boys, mets the local heads e.t.c

Or does banky think because he's a celeb automatically he'll win?

3 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by ednut1(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2023
This article belongs to the gutter. Banky w is not the only celeb that has lost elections. After criticizing apc and pdp in 2019 he later went to join pdp which is basically a dying party in Lagos. Didn’t campaign well enough so how was he expecting to win. The guy has shown nothing to prove he will be a good politician. Next

3 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Felabrity: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2023
She didn't cry out at the early period of the election, she made that statement after the election, February 26 to be exact.

And again the Obidient movement is not an Igbo agenda, stop typing trash

the 600k people that voted for Peter Obi in Lagos are Igbos?

Why did other HoR LP candidates lose their election since people were voting blindly?

3 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Nwaetche(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2023
You are a big Liar and manipulator!

People were voting LP party and not necessarily individual which happens most of the time when voters were not well guided.

It should interest you to note that Thaddeus Atta is not Igbo but from Benue State.

The man actually campaigned vigorously much more than Banky who was forming celebrity while Chief Atta rolled up his sleeves and entered into the field.

Bigotry and tribalism have eaten deep into most of these Agbadorians and one can see their shallowness. no wonder Tinubu has sold their future without their knowledge. APC in Lagos has no tangible thing to campaign for hence they resort to cheap bigotry to mask their inadequacies.

ODE!

LongwayGone2021:

#I-Come-In-Peace🤞

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by GorillaApp(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2023
olisaEze:
Mr Wellington lost the elections because he was on the wrong side of what many election observers have termed 'the Obi tsunami' nothing else! It’s the same phenomenon that saw the APC sweeping the PDP out of the leadership of the NASS in the 2015 polls. When you’re presented with three ballot papers and ur only intent was to only vote in the presidential election, most will just tick the same party all through! There’s nothing primordial about that, abi did Banky think he was sitting on the throne of his forefathers?? grin If he had performed well his people would have kept him there instead of voting in a gym instructor! grin grin
Is the said guy a gym instructor?
If so, Obi did a great job liberating and uplifting so many folks

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by DMerciful(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2023
Mention why you think Banky W deserves to be voted for by Obidients more than someone in LP
LongwayGone2021:

#I-Come-In-Peace🤞
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Felabrity: 9:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Nwaetche:
You are a big Liar and manipulator!

People were voting LP party and not necessarily individual which happens most of the time when voters were not well guided.

It should interest you to note that Thaddeus Atta is not Igbo but from Benue State.

The man actually campaigned vigorously much more than Banky who was forming celebrity while Chief Atta rolled up his sleeves and entered into the field.

Bigotry and tribalism have eaten deep into most of these Agbadorians and one can see their shallowness. no wonder Tinubu has sold their future without their knowledge. APC in Lagos has no tangible thing to campaign for hence they resort to cheap bigotry to mask their inadequacies.

ODE!

like other LP candidates didn't lose

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:37am On Mar 14, 2023
I don't pity people like him, that's the result of forming woke.
He should nurse his wound.

I'm expecting the day that thick lip macaroni will need our cover, the day falz and Simi will experience similar fate.

Foolish People
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by OfoIgbo: 9:39am On Mar 14, 2023
LongwayGone2021:

#I-Come-In-Peace🤞

But the person that demolished Banky W is not even a Igbo person.

His surname is Attah which suggested he must have originated from the Kogi/Benue axis.

I wonder why Yorubas are always scared of the Igbo spectre, to the extent that anything that happens to them is immediately attributed to the Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by christistruth01: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2023
angry

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Dentidon: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Have you gone to find out who campaigned better between banky and his rival attoh?

Banky didn't campaign compared to LP candidate. The LP candidate really worked hard, hoses yo house campaign, met area boys, mets the local heads e.t.c

Or does banky think because he's a celeb automatically he'll win?

Ibos didnt vote abiola, so shut up. They didnt also vote falae who was yoruba choice, not obj. They didnt vote awolowo and tinubu too.
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by OneCandleAway(f): 9:58am On Mar 14, 2023
Dentidon:
ibos didnt vote abiola, so shut up. They didnt also vote falae who was yoruba choice, not obj. They didnt vote awolowo and tinubu too.

We are talking about banky and atta not the older generation or dead people.
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Dentidon: 9:58am On Mar 14, 2023
Felabrity:
She didn't cry out at the early period of the election, she made that statement after the election, February 26 to be exact.

And again the Obidient movement is not an Igbo agenda, stop typing trash

the 600k people that voted for Peter Obi in Lagos are Igbos?

Why did other HoR LP candidates lose their election since people were voting blindly?
if zombidiot isnt ibo movement, what is it? How many votes did the southeast give outsiders?
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Dentidon: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

We are talking about banky and atta not the older generation or dead people.
why the lie about voting abiola?
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by OneCandleAway(f): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2023
Dentidon:
why the lie about voting abiola?

I never talked about abiola.
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Felabrity: 10:05am On Mar 14, 2023
Dentidon:
if zombidiot isnt ibo movement, what is it? How many votes did the southeast give outsiders?
shattap there, they vote competent not by sentiment

How many vote did Peter Obi get in NW and NE or Osun and Ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Nwaetche(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2023
Mugu!

Thaddeus Atta is not Igbo but from Benue State

TheNiceGuy:
I don't pity people like him, that's the result of forming woke.
He should nurse his wound.

I'm expecting the day that thick lip macaroni will need our cover, the day falz and Simi will experience similar fate.

Foolish People
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by Dentidon: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2023
Felabrity:
shattap there, they vote competent not by sentiment

How many vote did Peter Obi get in NW and NE or Osun and Ekiti?
I asked a question. Answer it or shut up.
Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by NoToPile: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2023
I had expected Adesuwa to campaign for PDP, attend Atiku rallies, carry the PdP matter to all the markets in etiosa which might translate to campaign for her husband but ehn she was busy carrying labor party up and down. I never expected her to openly show support to another party when her husband is contesting under a different party.

They both forgot that there's a higher possibility that electorates will vote the same party on all three ballot papers. Push more of PDP into people's faces in that axis, there's a possibility that a vote for Atiku would translate to a vote for banky.

Politics is all about interests you protect your interest first .

This is why mercy Johnson has my respect. She did well abeg she carried her husband's party matter on her head well well. She refused to fall for bullying and intimidation, even if her husband didn't win I would still say she did well. Even Regina sef didn't support LP openly.

1 Like

Re: Banky W, A Victim Of Primordial Sentiments by olisaEze(m): 11:56am On Mar 14, 2023
GorillaApp:

Is the said guy a gym instructor?
If so, Obi did a great job liberating and uplifting so many folks

I dunno what he does for a living o! I just said that because he looks like someone who spends a lot of time in the gym. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyesome Wike Visits Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila / How Lagos Help Nigeria States But Limit SW States Development / Buhari’s Aide Mocks Peter Obi For Insisting He’ll Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.