Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean (66847 Views)

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / US Shoots Down ICBM In Space From Warship For First Time In Successful Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
Emu4life:

Most Countries are only allies to US to avoid getting bullied. The United States have but very few true Friends.
They have made so many foes/adversaries because of thier reckless foreign policy of invading weaker sovereign Nations at will.
It's not about religion.
Are Cubans, Venezuelans, Vietnamese etc Muslims??
True.
The developing world is awakening and countries are beginning to decouple from the dollar.
The days of thier dollar dominance/hegemony came to an end.
Venezuela, Iran and Cuba survived the economic war instigated by the US.
Look at what they did in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and others.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
IjeBos:
The more topics like this I read, the more I fear Nigeria really does deserve the government it has.
Too many crazy sounding posters who seemingly fill their time reading the dregs of right wing propaganda from a country thousands of miles away and uncritically swallowing it whole.

There’s a reason why the country has the leaders it does. Some of the citizens talk like terrorists. Praising China, a country that is loaning their leaders money with crazy terms that their leaders are using to buy China’s old trains and build rails using materials bought from China. How do you borrow money from a country and spend it buying things from that same country? China is sending people to Africa that don’t respect Africans yet these guys are praising the country that wants to colonize their homeland.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Watcharena: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

There’s a reason why the country has the leaders it does. Some of the citizens talk like terrorists. Praising China, a country that is loaning their leaders money with crazy terms that their leaders are using to buy China’s old trains and build rails using materials bought from China. How do you borrow money from a country and spend it buying things from that same country? China is sending people to Africa that don’t respect Africans yet these guys are praising the country that wants to colonize their homeland.
Chinese loans are project-based loans they are best for out kind of corrupt society, when you need their loans you will tell them what you want to use it for, they will come and execute the project at least There is no room for stealing also they will not subject you devalue your currency before they give you loan.

Chinese loam is little fraction of what Nigeria is owing , apart from these Chinese rail tracks can you identify any 3. projects executed from loans collected by Nigerian government ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Emu4life(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
Deepthoughts:
Did America invaded those countries you listed or is it that you knowledge of world history is poor?
You want to see the list of Countries invaded by US, Mr Historian??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by mankan2k7(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2023
uncleck:
When is WW3 starting? Civilization need to be destroyed so every part of the world will have equal opportunity to develop

See this one asking when ww3 will start, first start your community protest against naira shortage and fuel scarcity.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by IjeBos(m): 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Yup. When there is no accountability you can make those type of deals. I always try to understand the mindset of a Nigerian that can see how China and Russia treats it's citizens domestically yet praises them as if that's a governmental style to emulate.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by IjeBos(m): 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
uncleck:
When is WW3 starting? Civilization need to be destroyed so every part of the world will have equal opportunity to develop

What would change in Nigeria? What is holding Nigeria back from developing now? Why are we talking about cows walking down main roads in 2023? What ails Nigeria is of Nigerians making (yes a lot having to do with the past colonialism as well).
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by vastolord4(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
opamoses1:

The only country that hate the USA are terrorists filled countries and terrorists themselves especially the headslammers.

Like china?? 🤣 you've got to be kidding yourself

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Shootdown Of Chinese Weather Balloon Using 5th-gen Jet Looks Silly

https://www.nairaland.com/7556280/shootdown-chinese-weather-balloon-using
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Judybash93(m): 2:26am On Feb 06, 2023
ogunprince18:

Nothing. It’s not the us war. China can go all out against Taiwan
你很机灵😂😂
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 06, 2023
ParasiteWest:
There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place. The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly. The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'
AnyanwuSilas:
I'm an Igbo man and not a Muslim, I know what's good for Africans, it's the West that destabilise our continent and take our best brain, why should I live in the US or RUSSIA when chance is being created by Russia to build my home? Russia have more nuclear warheads than the US, nobody will win a nuclear war, it will simply destroy the world, as an African it's better the world be destroyed and sent back to stone age instead the US will enslave the world, you think Russia is alone? The US are hypocrite, what did Obama do for Africans as a black man? they rather used him to destabilised Africa, was it not Obama that killed Gaddafi, Let’s be Frank, a multipolar world is better than one world order.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Deepthoughts: 6:48am On Feb 06, 2023
Emu4life:

You want to see the list of Countries invaded by US, Mr Historian??
yes go ahead, perhaps we are going to learn something useful from each other.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Emu4life(m): 9:16am On Feb 06, 2023
Deepthoughts:
yes go ahead, perhaps we are going to learn something useful from each other.
China and Russia are gaining Global acceptance because of the Hypocrisy of your ilks.

The whole World can't continue to be fooled forever (Only US and Europe are currently worked up about what's happening in Ukraine, the rest of the World care less).

I have an elongated video of the last picture where Wesley Clark, a former US Military Veteran and Presidential Candidate exposed the evil plans of the Americans.

I have series of leaked videos of Obama, Cameron, Bush, Hillary Clinton etc planning invasions of Weaker Nations, they do it with so much arrogance and disrespect.

I've also got videos of Putin dissecting the heinous plans of the West(in interviews) even before they are carried out which they have never denied.
Putin is more intelligent and smarter than all those dumb western leaders and that's why he is a pain in their asses.

If the Westerners mind thier business, the World would have been a safer place.

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Judybash93:

你很机灵😂😂
Keep crying
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Judybash93(m): 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
ogunprince18:

Keep crying
LMAO!! Okay boss. Have a great day
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Deepthoughts: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
Emu4life:

China and Russia are gaining Global acceptance because of the Hypocrisy of your ilks.

The whole World can't continue to be fooled forever (Only US and Europe are currently worked up about what's happening in Ukraine, the rest of the World care less).

I have an elongated video of the last picture where Wesley Clark, a former US Military Veteran and Presidential Candidate exposed the evil plans of the Americans.

I have series of leaked videos of Obama, Cameron, Bush, Hillary Clinton etc planning invasions of Weaker Nations, they do it with so much arrogance and disrespect.

I've also got videos of Putin dissecting the heinous plans of the West(in interviews) even before they are carried out which they have never denied.
Putin is more intelligent and smarter than all those dumb western leaders and that's why he is a pain in their asses.

If the Westerners mind thier business, the World would have been a safer place.
You n your likes are just bias n full of hate for the US,most of the instances you cited were cases of the US leading international coalitions approved by the UN,you this too well but because of bias n hate your likes always twist the narrative to present it as US sole decision,only God n you Kno where n how you got your acclaimed videos of whatever,the only country I know the US unilaterally invaded n extradited her leader for criminal act was Panama n the whole world agreed that Manuel noreiga was a criminal dealing in drugs,you people so much praise Putin to the high heavens n claimed he was going to walk over Ukraine, it's almost a year now but your Lord is still issuing empty threats,let Putin make real his threats n see how it goes,what is the justification of Russia invading Ukraine by the way,they denied it severally before eventually going ahead but of course they were only fooling themselves,there are other NATO member state sharing direct land borders with Russia,why didn't Russia attacked those countries but insisted on Ukraine?,if Russia was such a nice country, would she have to use force to compel any of her neighbor to be her friend?,I don't know your reasons for supporting Russia,I guess it's just a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend,but Russia doesn't give a damn about you.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Emu4life(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2023
Deepthoughts:
You n your likes are just bias n full of hate for the US,most of the instances you cited were cases of the US leading international coalitions approved by the UN,you this too well but because of bias n hate your likes always twist the narrative to present it as US sole decision,only God n you Kno where n how you got your acclaimed videos of whatever,the only country I know the US unilaterally invaded n extradited her leader for criminal act was Panama n the whole world agreed that Manuel noreiga was a criminal dealing in drugs,you people so much praise Putin to the high heavens n claimed he was going to walk over Ukraine, it's almost a year now but your Lord is still issuing empty threats,let Putin make real his threats n see how it goes,
what is the justification of Russia invading Ukraine by the way,
they denied it severally before eventually going ahead but of course they were only fooling themselves,there are other NATO member state sharing direct land borders with Russia,why didn't Russia attacked those countries but insisted on Ukraine?,if Russia was such a nice country, would she have to use force to compel any of her neighbor to be her friend?,I don't know your reasons for supporting Russia,I guess it's just a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend,but Russia doesn't give a damn about you.

Yeah, you know, what happened in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya were waterworks....

Libya used to have the best standard of living in Africa and MiddleEast. Why did the US invade Iraq and Libya??

I have my pen, ready to take notes Sir....

1 Like

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Deepthoughts: 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Emu4life:

Yeah, you know, what happened in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya were waterworks....

Libya used to have the best standard of living in Africa and MiddleEast. Why did the US invade Iraq and Libya??

I have my pen, ready to take notes Sir....
Go n find out,was there not UN resolution backing the operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya? n was the US the sole country that carried out the operations in those countries?,I don't have time for sentimental twisted history.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by fergie001: 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
Thanks @ maupe.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Emu4life(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
Deepthoughts:
Go n find out,was there not UN resolution backing the operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya? n was the US the sole country that carried out the operations in those countries?,I don't have time for sentimental twisted history.
What is UN resolution?? Who is UN that's making a Resolution that leads to Deaths of Millions of innocent Civilians?
So a certain UN makes Resolution on Countries to be invaded and Countries not to be invaded?
Why haven't the UN made a resolution to invade Russia since they invaded Ukraine or UN resolution to invade North Korea that have made the Korean Peninsula unsafe??
Be like this "UN RESOLUTION" they look face ogrin

Syria would have been worse than Libya today if not for it's good neighbors(Russia, Turkey and Iran) that said no to evil. The whole Western Murderers were shouting "Bashar Assad has to go" like they ever cared about common Syrians.

You may decide to play Ostrich all you like, but Nations are getting clearer visions of the Western Hypocrisy now. Only time will decide.

2 Likes

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Deepthoughts: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
Emu4life:

What is UN resolution?? Who is UN that's making a Resolution that leads to Deaths of Millions of innocent Civilians?
So a certain UN makes Resolution on Countries to be invaded and Countries not to be invaded?
Why haven't the UN made a resolution to invade Russia since they invaded Ukraine or UN resolution to invade North Korea that have made the Korean Peninsula unsafe??
Be like this "UN RESOLUTION" they look face ogrin

Syria would have been worse than Libya today if not for it's good neighbors(Russia, Turkey and Iran) that said no to evil. The whole Western Murderers were shouting "Bashar Assad has to go" like they ever cared about common Syrians.

You may decide to play Ostrich all you like, but Nations are getting clearer visions of the Western Hypocrisy now. Only time will decide.
This very UN you are jeering your almighty nice Russia is a member,not just an ordinary member but a permanent member of the security council with veto power,ask yourself where were the Russians when those resolutions were made?why didn't they vetoed it with their Chinese counterparts?rather in most cases they choose to hypocritically abstain from voting n you are here shouting,the UN just like any other human organization is far from perfect but much better than not,by the way you have not answered my question n I repeat it again,what exactly is Russia's legal justification for invading Ukraine?
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 07, 2023
FreddieGray:
Prominent Israeli Patron Of Ukraine Mocks Zelensky On March 5, 2022, former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett visited Moscow, where he held a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to the Kremlin read-out of the meeting, the two leaders “discussed various aspects of the situation in Ukraine in the context of Russia’s special military operation to protect Donbass.” Soon after the meeting, Bennett’s spokesperson told the press the Israeli prime minister made a phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Bennett traveled to Moscow at Zelensky's request to mediate a ceasefire between Russia, which initiated its special military operation on February 24, and the Ukrainian government. According to press reports at the time, Bennett coordinated his efforts with the United States, France, and Germany. Indeed, Bennet had spoken to French President Emmanuel Macron prior to leaving Israel for Moscow, and flew to Berlin after his meeting with Putin to discuss the issues with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz. Bennett’s diplomatic intervention came in the aftermath of two rounds of negotiation between Russia and Ukraine, one on February 28 and a second on March 3, in Gomel, Belarus. According to Bennett, his diplomatic mission succeeded in getting Russia to drop its insistence on the “demilitarization” of the Ukrainian armed forces, while Zelensky pledged Ukraine would never join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). But recent disclosures by Bennett suggest there was another purpose to his Moscow visit—to secure a promise from Putin that Russia would not attempt to kill Zelensky. “I asked, ‘what’s with this? Are you planning to kill Zelensky?''’ Bennett told the press during a recent interview. “He [Putin] said, ‘I won’t kill Zelensky.’ I then said to him, ‘I have to understand that you’re giving me your word that you won’t kill Zelensky.’ He said, ‘I’m not going to kill Zelensky,’” Bennett claims. According to Bennett, he then called Zelensky. “‘Listen, I came out of a meeting,’” Bennett claims to have told the Ukrainian president. “‘He’s [Putin] not going to kill you.’ He [Zelensky] asks, ‘Are you sure?’ I said, '100% he won’t kill you.’” According to Bennett, “Two hours later, Zelensky went to his office, and did a selfie in the office, [in which the Ukrainian president said,] ‘I’m not afraid’ and everything.” Indeed, on March 5, Zelensky did in fact publish a video on his Instagram account. “I’m staying in Kiev…on Bankova Street,” Zelensky said, pointing his camera out the window to show the street across from the presidential palace. Zelensky then walked over to his desk to deliver an address in which he asserted that he was “not hiding, and…not afraid of anyone.” The one problem with Bennet’s “recollection” is that it makes no sense. Ukraine and Russia were scheduled for a third round of negotiations, and by all accounts Russia was serious about bringing the conflict to an end. There was no indication that Russia was seeking to target Zelensky or any other Ukrainian leadership elements void of any deliberate provocation on the part of NATO or Ukraine. There was no reason for Bennett to engage in such a conversation with Putin, and there is no reason Putin would need to entertain such a line of questioning. True or not, the timing of this “revelation” could not come at a worse time for the Ukrainian president. With his army being defeated in eastern Ukraine, his government collapsing under the weight of corruption scandals, and promises of military support evaporating from erstwhile NATO allies coming to the realization that they will have to deal with Russia when this war ends, the last thing Zelensky needs is a “recollection” by an Israeli politician that he feared for his life at the very moment that he - the Ukrainian president - was proclaiming his fearlessness before the Ukrainian nation and people. Which, of course, is probably why Bennett chose this moment to release this information to the public. Israel is under tremendous pressure to begin supplying weapons to Ukraine. But Israel must also take care not to allow its relationship with Russia to sour, especially in the field of security (this is especially true given Russia’s existing military posture inside Syria.) Indications are that current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not yield to this pressure, at least for the moment. Bennett’s revelations are designed to embarrass Zelensky, and perhaps encourage his political collapse. Whether Israel acted on its own or, more likely, in close coordination with the US, Germany, and France to begin the process of facilitating Zelensky’s removal from power, it isn’t known. What is known is that Zelensky isn’t long for Bankova Street. And Bennett wants to make sure that is, indeed, the case SOURCE
9gerian:
Zelenski probably expected worse but got emboldened after knowing he would not be killed. Similarly, in diplomatic circles it would be inappropriate for Putin to say he intends to have Zelenski killed, even he meant to. Maybe if Zelenski had been told otherwise, he would have considered and made more people focused decisions for the benefit of the Ukrainian people.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SweetSauce(f): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2023
Tinnie001:

Yore so dumb to drag Muslim into this
You will just open mouth nd cap dust with your stupidity
Ori e ti Daru
Grand patron of stupid!d pple!
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SweetSauce(f): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2023
Bigmouth3:

This is how you know someone with Low IQ, you don really link am to religion , so someone cannot have opinion anymore because of religion
King of ppl with low IQ
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SweetSauce(f): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Microwhy:

Glad to know that Uju is not a Muslim.
2pac was asked to feature in a movie as a gangster Muslim but decline saying nothing of such exist.
In the 90s Islam is the most respectable and honoured religion among youth and the old even in the Western countries and that became a threat.
The tone of your words (You Muslims) shows how much you've filled your head consciously/subconsciously with what the US exactly want you to know and feel about Islam.

Lol
US you say, how about the terrorism associated with the religion, we have herdsmen ND bandits in Nigeria, let's start from there.
In the 90s?
So you guys started killing from the year 2000s undecided
Woh,una religion get too much wahala, you guys can't coexist with others without trying to force your beliefs on them.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
pansophist:
I love how South Africa did not shamelessly participate in the recently concluded US-Africa summit. Since Nigeria refuse to act like a giant with sense, south Africa perhaps should take the lead.

seunny4lif:
SA foreign min told her USA counterpart, SA will do what is best for SA not what USA think is best for SA.

pansophist:
Yes, Ramaphosa told them to fork off, a huge blow to the US ego. SA is the torchbearer of economic development and prosperity in Africa, hence, it must align with the emerging world, and hope to bring others in the continent on board. Nigeria is a western puppet. It still belongs to the British. Know this and know peace.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Abiliboi: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
vastolord4:

Until your son brings a bad wife to your family! Then i wonder who the tyrant would be?? undecided

What if your son reject your family and your directives?
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by zhoubaizhou: 4:06am On Jun 19, 2023

True.
The developing world is awakening and countries are beginning to decouple from the dollar.
wow
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by zhoubaizhou: 3:19am On Jun 20, 2023

True.
wow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Corpses Pile Up In Mykolaiv Morgue, Ukraine (Pictures) / See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.