Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible (153 Views)

Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad? / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible by DCmaverick(m): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2023
Over the course of the last few days, this topic has occupied a significant amount of my thoughts. In every possible aspect, it seems to encourage inappropriate behavior, which is something that baffles me. Therefore, which exactly does this entail? Explain it to me if it not too much trouble.

Re: Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 05, 2023
Not in the bible

Re: Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
DCmaverick:
Over the course of the last few days, this topic has occupied a significant amount of my thoughts. In every possible aspect, it seems to encourage inappropriate behavior, which is something that baffles me. Therefore, which exactly does this entail? Explain it to me if it not too much trouble.

Your Exodus 25 verse 11 must have come from another book. Definitely not the Holy Bible.
Re: Need Some Explanation On This Verse Of The Bible by NaijaphiliaBlog: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
DCmaverick:

Hi DCmaverick, the passage you tried to quote is actually from the book of Deuteronomy i.e.

Deuteronomy Chapter 25 Verses 11 to 12:

11: Perhaps two men are fighting each other. The wife of one of them comes to help him. She tries to save him from his enemy who is attacking him. Perhaps she takes hold of the man's sex parts.

12: If she does that, you must cut off her hand as punishment. Do not be sorry for her.

REMARKS
1. This passage does NOT in any way encourage or instigate inappropriate behaviour.

2. Like many other Old Testament injunctions, it is actually meant to serve as a deterrent against ungodly or wicked behaviours (which were already happening anyway).

3. Under the old testament, people could not experience the fullness of God's redemption because the price for man's original sin (from Adam and Eve) had not yet been paid. Hence the need for numerous laws and statutes to guide them.

4. Under the New Testament (our current dispensation), all the entire codex of the Old Testament is covered by only 2 laws:
-- Love God with all your being.
-- Love your fellow humans like yourself.

5. The reason for No. 4 above is that the price of man's redemption from sin has now been paid in full by Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who was God manifested in human flesh. Consequently, ANYONE who truly turns away from sin, asks God's forgiveness, and confesses Jesus Christ as LORD, will receive God's salvation and the enablement to live right towards God and man.

Have a wonderful day and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Crown With Your Name On It And You Can Claim It / We Should Also Care! / What It Really Means To Be A Child Of God - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.