Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Is North Now Obidient? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is North Now Obidient? (806 Views)

Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda / [BREAKING] Alimosho LG, Lagos Is Now Obidient / Audu Ogbeh: Killings In The North Now Like Civil War Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is North Now Obidient? by Djdeebrain(m): 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
Even with his rising poll numbers, the core North, precisely North West and North East, has long been tipped as the Achilles’ heel of the presidency aspiration of Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi. His well-predicted and widely-expected poor showing in these two geopolitical zones in the February 25 poll is projected by pollsters, of all shades, to deny him the constitutional spread to win at first ballot, despite many projections putting him atop the top four of himself, Atiku Abubakar of PDP, Bola Tinubu of APC and Rabiu Kwankwaso of NNPP.

Many reasons have been advanced for this calculation. One, until Obi emerged the presidential candidate of Labour Party on May 30, 2022, the party wasn’t in the big league, whether in the North or South, though it had always been a verifiable go-to vehicle for grudge and disgruntled aspirations, like the Accord and the rest. If the liberal South would not total disdain the platform, North simply had no love for it. Then, Obi himself, wasn’t a national political name of such, despite partnering Atiku Abubakar in 2019. In that race, Atiku was in the shadow of North’s god and sitting president, Muhammadu Buhari. Well, in recent time, the god is suffering an unbelievable meltdown among his hitherto fanatical adherents. Guess, the worshippers are frustrated their sustained libations and sacrifices, which include their blood and lives, to the god, aren’t adding much value to them and decided to replace their affection with disaffection. But instead of resorting to stoning their deity as if he is the devil himself and turning themselves into public nuisance, the aggrieved Northern youth can still borrow a leaf from Yoruba’s way of showing discontent to a deity who isn’t delivering. Deploying the wisdom of “orisa bo le gbemi”, Yoruba usually drop such unfruitful deities like hot potato.

Last week, former number four citizen, Yakubu Dogara, a chieftain of PDP, disclosed that North is uncharacteristically, opening its arms for a warm embrace of Obi. The minority Christian Northerner from Bauchi conceded the burgeoning romance between Obi and core North, may effectively seal the presidency for the former Anambra governor. He was bemused North was taking the unusual step, but blamed the widely-held disappointing performance of Buhari and APC for the unexpected rise in Obi’s stock in the North. Dogara called the election which is 20 days away from today a two-horse race, between his man, Atiku Abubakar and Obi. But he has his worries; Obi is unknown to him.

If the obvious meteoric rise of Obi, contrary to narratives that his lack of political structures nationwide would do him in, and his widening visibility in the North, should eventually transform to winning votes for him, that would make him the biggest political revelation of this election cycle and perhaps, this republic. An outstanding performance by him in the election is also going to energise the ubiquitous but largely inorganic Third Force, whose never-ending aspiration as a respected voice in the Nigeria political sphere, is now invested in the LP candidate. A win for Obi will equally mean massive disruption in the camps of the big two: APC and PDP. The we-can-rule-the-world imagination of the youths will be unquenchably fired. The campaigners for independent candidacy will go full throttle, considering that Obi could as well pass as an independent candidate, who just needed a political platform to fulfil constitutional qualification to participate. In reality, he is evidently bigger than the party. Nothing proves this more than the Bauchi campaign scenario when he still pulled a huge crowd, despite the entire party structure in the state, including the governorship candidate, boycotting. In fact, the campaign council for the entire North East zone, ported to PDP, citing irreconcilable differences with certain elements around the candidate. Yes, Obi had what could pass for a successful outing in his campaign in the zone, but he would need every hand that he can get in an environment just welcoming him and can’t just allow defections of any quantum. For whatever value placed on their worth, Muhammad Pantani, the spokesperson of the aggrieved, and their supporters, whether four million as claimed or just four, should have been managed one way or the other, though some people are simply implacable.

Obi’s supporters may even want to argue that he is still the best in human management among the big three, pointing to his campaign being the least rancorous, despite the Bauchi hitch. That is true, considering that the crisis in APC is eclipsing its campaign. But Obi has more to prove to North than others.

Just like Dogara is worried, he is the proverbial unknown angel. If the political establishment had its way, its front-row members would stick the proverbial known devils. But devils seemed to have failed the North so much that the younger elements are opting for a trial romance with someone the other part of the country, is tipping as a messiah. It would be too early for allegations of bias, on whatever grounds, against the candidate’s honchos.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/is-north-now-obidient/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by yarimo(m): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
Djdeebrain:
Even with his rising poll numbers, the core North, precisely North West and North East, has long been tipped as the Achilles’ heel of the presidency aspiration of Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi. His well-predicted and widely-expected poor showing in these two geopolitical zones in the February 25 poll is projected by pollsters, of all shades, to deny him the constitutional spread to win at first ballot, despite many projections putting him atop the top four of himself, Atiku Abubakar of PDP, Bola Tinubu of APC and Rabiu Kwankwaso of NNPP.

Many reasons have been advanced for this calculation. One, until Obi emerged the presidential candidate of Labour Party on May 30, 2022, the party wasn’t in the big league, whether in the North or South, though it had always been a verifiable go-to vehicle for grudge and disgruntled aspirations, like the Accord and the rest. If the liberal South would not total disdain the platform, North simply had no love for it. Then, Obi himself, wasn’t a national political name of such, despite partnering Atiku Abubakar in 2019. In that race, Atiku was in the shadow of North’s god and sitting president, Muhammadu Buhari. Well, in recent time, the god is suffering an unbelievable meltdown among his hitherto fanatical adherents. Guess, the worshippers are frustrated their sustained libations and sacrifices, which include their blood and lives, to the god, aren’t adding much value to them and decided to replace their affection with disaffection. But instead of resorting to stoning their deity as if he is the devil himself and turning themselves into public nuisance, the aggrieved Northern youth can still borrow a leaf from Yoruba’s way of showing discontent to a deity who isn’t delivering. Deploying the wisdom of “orisa bo le gbemi”, Yoruba usually drop such unfruitful deities like hot potato.

Last week, former number four citizen, Yakubu Dogara, a chieftain of PDP, disclosed that North is uncharacteristically, opening its arms for a warm embrace of Obi. The minority Christian Northerner from Bauchi conceded the burgeoning romance between Obi and core North, may effectively seal the presidency for the former Anambra governor. He was bemused North was taking the unusual step, but blamed the widely-held disappointing performance of Buhari and APC for the unexpected rise in Obi’s stock in the North. Dogara called the election which is 20 days away from today a two-horse race, between his man, Atiku Abubakar and Obi. But he has his worries; Obi is unknown to him.

If the obvious meteoric rise of Obi, contrary to narratives that his lack of political structures nationwide would do him in, and his widening visibility in the North, should eventually transform to winning votes for him, that would make him the biggest political revelation of this election cycle and perhaps, this republic. An outstanding performance by him in the election is also going to energise the ubiquitous but largely inorganic Third Force, whose never-ending aspiration as a respected voice in the Nigeria political sphere, is now invested in the LP candidate. A win for Obi will equally mean massive disruption in the camps of the big two: APC and PDP. The we-can-rule-the-world imagination of the youths will be unquenchably fired. The campaigners for independent candidacy will go full throttle, considering that Obi could as well pass as an independent candidate, who just needed a political platform to fulfil constitutional qualification to participate. In reality, he is evidently bigger than the party. Nothing proves this more than the Bauchi campaign scenario when he still pulled a huge crowd, despite the entire party structure in the state, including the governorship candidate, boycotting. In fact, the campaign council for the entire North East zone, ported to PDP, citing irreconcilable differences with certain elements around the candidate. Yes, Obi had what could pass for a successful outing in his campaign in the zone, but he would need every hand that he can get in an environment just welcoming him and can’t just allow defections of any quantum. For whatever value placed on their worth, Muhammad Pantani, the spokesperson of the aggrieved, and their supporters, whether four million as claimed or just four, should have been managed one way or the other, though some people are simply implacable.

Obi’s supporters may even want to argue that he is still the best in human management among the big three, pointing to his campaign being the least rancorous, despite the Bauchi hitch. That is true, considering that the crisis in APC is eclipsing its campaign. But Obi has more to prove to North than others.

Just like Dogara is worried, he is the proverbial unknown angel. If the political establishment had its way, its front-row members would stick the proverbial known devils. But devils seemed to have failed the North so much that the younger elements are opting for a trial romance with someone the other part of the country, is tipping as a messiah. It would be too early for allegations of bias, on whatever grounds, against the candidate’s honchos.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/is-north-now-obidient/

1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by stevnwigw1: 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
Noted
Re: Is North Now Obidient? by seunmsg(m): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
I was in Zaria last week and I didn’t see any Peter Obi presence or hear any of the locals talk about him. Obi will not get more than 2% of total vote cast in the north west.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Karlman: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
Of Course Yes!
Anywhere there are sane minds there you find Obidients even in the galaxies!
Forget miscreant urchins of Nairaland they are inconsequential!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Jalinspy(f): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
Two urchins spotted above with their usual trash. One even stated that he was in Zaria last time and the locals don't know Obi. I ask, is there Zaria in Ogbomosho grin, because that's the Urchin location.
Let Urchins continue with their illusion, e go soon shock them to the bone marrow

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Jalinspy(f): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
They earlier Urchins accept that Obi is their next commander in Chief after buhari the best for them. Or they can relocate to Benin 🇧🇯 Republic b4 Obi's swearing in grin

9 Likes

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by SaintNegro77: 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
I was in Zaria last week and I didn’t see any Peter Obi presence or hear any of the locals talk about him. Obi will not get more than 2% of total vote cast in the north west.
You were in your house with your cheap Android phone typing gibberish.

12 Likes

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by SaintNegro77: 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Karlman:
Of Course Yes!
Anywhere there are sane minds there you find Obidients even in the galaxies!
Forget miscreant urchins of Nairaland they are inconsequential!
You can say that again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by SaiOba: 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Ashez: 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
The best part of it all is that God has annointed Peter Obi to lead Nigerians to their promised land, what is happening in the political arena today is still what the status quo are yet to understand.
The wise ones amongst them has seen The Light too and are equally happy to announce it, but the dark ones amongst them are simply fighting to shine in that light, but unfortunately darkness can never win Light or Co exist with it. Our Redemption is nearer than ever
20 days from today, something dark and evil will be lifted off this country, things will gradually take a glorious turn and for the better. Arise and shine Nigerians, for the Light of God is upon Us
God Has Spoken.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Ofunaofu: 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:

While Tinubu will get 98% of the total votes, right

Continue to deceive yourself

5 Likes

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Jalinspy(f): 1:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

While Tinubu will get 98% of the total votes, right

Continue to deceive yourself

Don't mind the olodo. Obi will rule him whether he likes it or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by hartopher76: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Obi is not a saint, but he is better than the rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
2 in 3 Northern Christians are Obidient..
The results will prove so..
I can't say about Northern Muslims..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:

See your K leg like Zaria.

Urchin spotted. Lost son of the fallen demon.

If you had sense, you would have been a better fellow but no, Sense is alien to you lunatics.

Peter Obi is the man of this Presidential election.

Tinubu is a failure and will never ever be President of Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by chrisxxx(m): 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
North does to well meaning Nigerians what I used to do when I used to play draft. If I suspect that you might be up to something even when there was no obvious movement of my opponent I will start to give him games that is chop I chop until I scatter his supposed plans even when none was there.
North West and North East are doing this to other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Waterysperm: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
The election is between Obi and Atiku. Atiku will defeat Obi in Northwest and Northeast while Obi will defeat him in North-central, Southwest, South-south and South-east. Obi is your next president. Know this and know peace. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by greatiyk4u(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:

Joke of the century
You were in zaria among your Tinubu supporters, how see his presence in such cycle?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
According to urchins.Obi will get the Northern Christians votes and they are more than 25% in the North

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
No Tinubu will get 95 in Northwest Otondo, before was Obi can't campaign in the North they will stone him, that now history wait just few days to go, let see the billions Tinubu invested in the North let see how many votes it will fetch him

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Bluev: 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
See I'm not a politics person, but all I can say is that this whole Obi movement/acceptance is even more deeper than I thought imagined..
Just yesterday here I was going home and I came across one of our neighbour, a Muslim from the core North. Jokingly I ask him, "Ibrahim hope u don collect ur PVC " and he said yes, that when he travelled that's what he went to get, that in their place it's very easy to o collect unlike here in Abuja.

Out of curiosity, i then asked him who he will vote for and to my surprise he was Obidient and was telling me once its time he's going back to vote Obi, that the suffering in his place is too much couple with other factors, reason why his region are Obidient. I also realised that 98% of the cap drivers in Abuja are all Obidient, infact if you speak against Obi to them ehh u're an enemy of the state.

So, there's a great possibility Obi will be the next President..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Ashez: 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bluev:
See I'm not a politics person, but all I can say is that this whole Obi movement/acceptance is even more deeper than I thought imagined..
Just yesterday here I was going home and I came across one of our neighbour, a Muslim from the core North. Jokingly I ask him, "Ibrahim hope u don collect ur PVC " and he said yes, that when he travelled that's what he went to get, that in their place it's very easy to o collect unlike here in Abuja.

Out of curiosity, i then asked him who he will vote for and to my surprise he was Obidient and was telling me once its time he's going back to vote Obi, that the suffering in his place is too much couple with other factors, reason why his region are Obidient.

My brother worry no more
Heaven has given Obi The Mandate already, we are only waiting for the manifestation.

2 Likes

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Karemarealty288(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:

You dey travel....You get work? Which Zaria? In your cubicle...abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: Is North Now Obidient? by Spandau: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:

You have started with this your inconsequential lies again this year. Wetin you de find for Zaria? You wet dey Ibadan. Kan gbe'nu sọhun saa!
Re: Is North Now Obidient? by tinsel: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
Somebody will just wake up and write nonsense
Re: Is North Now Obidient? by jaymichael(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
seunmsg:
No dey cast update na bros. Let everyone believe their delusions. Asiwaju na my guy ✌️
Re: Is North Now Obidient? by 00FFT00(m): 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bluev:

Out of curiosity, i then asked him who he will vote for and to my surprise he was Obidient and was telling me once its time he's going back to vote Obi, that the suffering in his place is too much couple with other factors, reason why his region are Obidient.

What most people are oblivious about is the level of investment everyday Nigerians have made and continue to make in their quest to usher in this impending change.

I attended a virtual fundraiser event last night where Nigerians from all over the world were emptying their pocket books to support mobilization efforts in their localities and wards. Such is the zeal and hunger for change that people are even buying flight tickets to Nigeria to vote and guard their votes.

The north is rapidly warming up to Peter obi, and this is the seal on the package.

(1) (Reply)

Throw Back Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Is Being Used By Tinubu And His Associate / Wike Has Revenge For Goodluck Johnathan / Biafra: Relocate To South East To Show You Truly Want Biafra. But They Can’t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.