Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy (36065 Views)

Buhari: CBN Working To Prevent Chaos Over Distribution Of New Naira Notes / President Buhari, CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele In Senegal Conference (Photos) / Court Stops Buhari, Senate President, Others From Tampering With Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by asanausana91: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Tinubu doesn't need cash

Lekki Tollgates collects more than enough cash, same as BRT under primero limited (new notes) every hour, Days, weekly

Even MC Oluomo has enough cash

Buhari or FG have nothing to do with cash as FG handles Fiscal policy not Monetary policy

Tinubu still donated 100,000,000 in Katsina today

no no no. It will not be enough.
The 100 million given to Katsina was not in cash.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by emmanuelbrown26: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Tinubu doesn't need cash

Lekki Tollgates collects more than enough cash, same as BRT under primero limited (new notes) every hour, Days, weekly

Buhari or FG have nothing to do with cash as FG handles Fiscal policy not Monetary policy

Cry me a river baby
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by HellVictorinho7: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Cry me a river baby
meaning??!?
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by AlanSugar(m): 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
I tell you. Some of the comments are so funny, so so off point.

gaby:
Most commenters don't even understand the above suit or the court's order. grin

Na the order wey Bubu want be this.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Impaka: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
funshint:
Whoever instituted this suite must be very sick...did the govt seek the approval of the court before implementing the policy in the first place? This is a pure monetary policy. The Court's order is useless.
Go cancel the order ,your Agbado master will not see the fund to rig this election,God have disappoint him ,Man who is not mentally sound to rule this country God forbid thank you Mr president for this money policy . Obidatti is coming
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Osidazz19: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
Buddha3:

Listen to me, my friend: I am not an Igbo man. I have no ancestral ties to the tribe. I have both parents from the same tribe, a minority one in the South South, whose origin spans all the way back to the migration of the Bantus. That I make a case for them is because no human with a sense of self worth will be treated the way the Igbos have been over decades and still manage to exhude love and warmth towards the same people who stifle their rights and dismiss their privileges.

Actions beget reactions and attendant consequences. You can sit here and preach the love sermon all you want because you're not the one on the receiving end of injustice. Humanity demands you see and recognise the rights of the next person just as much as yours.

Which injustice? Pls tell us the injustice that made an Igbo man kill the first Prime minster of the country and sparing his own people. Pls which injustice made a man start a war just because he's not getting his way. I'm not falling for your oki-doke but it's your choice to keep living in such world.

I was in a Uber many years ago in Harrisburg, PA and the driver happens to be from Ethiopia. We started talking about Nigeria and the moment he found out I'm not Igbo, he started telling me how Igbos are ruining wherever he comes from on Ethiopia and despite allowing them to live in his community, he said the Igbo exude hate towards the local. At the end of the day, he sounded just like a typical view you might get from other Nigerian tribes of the Igbos. That's all the way from Ethiopia.

If you a hateful person, no matter where you go, people will know who you are.
My in-law is a Igbo woman and she's very nice but on the average Igbos are consumed with hatred for others. They blames everyone for all their problems in life without looking inward.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by MenInsight: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
gaby:

of course, bubu and meffy are behind the court order... they will now tell Tinubu and his gang that they cant do anytthing because of court order lol
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by IfnobeGod20: 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Don't be surprise some set of lawyers may just approach another law court to set the order aside because in our clime here, things are really happening, the more you see, the less you understand the new turn of events. Was it not in this country that someone that doesn't participate in a primary won a case at supreme court. Anything can happen in a banana republic.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Osidazz19: 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Buddha3:

One sentence:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is NOT going to win the 2023 Presidential elections of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

WRONG AGAIN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by MenInsight: 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Osidazz19:

Which injustice? Pls tell us the injustice that made an Igbo man kill the first Prime minster of the country and sparing his own people. Pls which injustice made a man start a war just because he's not getting his way. I'm not falling for your oki-doke but it's your choice to keep living in such world.

I was in a Uber many years ago in Harrisburg, PA and the driver happens to be from Ethiopia. We started talking about Nigeria and the moment he found out I'm not Igbo, he started telling me how Igbos are ruining wherever he comes from on Ethiopia and despite allowing them to live in his community, he said the Igbo exude hate towards the local. At the end of the day, he sounded just like a typical view you might get from other Nigerian tribes of the Igbos. That's all the way from Ethiopia.

My in-law is a Igbo woman and she's very nice but on the average Igbos are consumed with hatred for others. They blames everyone for all their problems in life without looking inward.

lol... we are talking about present, you are going back to an event that you were not even part of... dey play... u see what the man u typed all these for says? that is how 90 percent of people of South South sees you guys when you attack Igbos... dey play, just dey play..
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Solocoin: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
How are you sure your Baba is not behind this? Are you a togolese?
E be like say baba want use indirect way and flog some people 😂

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Osidazz19: 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
MenInsight:

lol... we are talking about present, you are going back to an event that you were not even part of... dey play... u see what the man u typed all these for says? that is how 90 percent of people of South South sees you guys when you attack Igbos... dey play, just dey play..

Who brought up past injustice? no be you? Dey play dey play .

BYE
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by IfnobeGod20: 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Tinubu doesn't need cash

Do you know what is called money laundering? Are you aware there is a limit of cash an individual or corporate is permitted to carry about? Go and read money laundering Act.
Meanwhile, the 100m Tinubu donated today wasn't in cash. Please say what you know. Cashless policy has come to stay. Save yourself the headache.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
Osidazz19:

Quite retrospective.

Be that as it may, do you actually know the average Fulani man completely detests anyone who's not of his tribe and religion? Even if you're of another tribe but show an evident affiliation to his religion, he considers you as "half a human" and never has the luxury of pretending about it, in your face. That Fulani man's disdain for you is so ingrained that he can literally slit your throat if circumstances (albeit unprovocative), permit him to do so.

Yet, for some austere and bizarre reason, you Yorubas and the rest of the Nation has allowed them to have stints at the Presidency of this Nation. Do we have to go down memory lane to recount the plethora of ordeals that have resulted in the killings and massacre of Nigerians of other tribes by these same Fulanis, way even before the assassination of the first Prime minister you just referenced? There are records of genocidal assassinations that have had Fulanis at the very center but have been conveniently erased from books you can easily access. But today, the sitting President is a Fulani man. A tribe of less than 18million people, whose past atrocities are enough to deserve complete exile from Nigerian territories, yet they have become a major voice in our affairs.

But somehow, you all consistently hold on to the grudge of past sins to alienate the Igbos. Shouldn't the source for the goose make for a fine recipe for the gander?

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Impaka: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Tinubu doesn't need cash

upon all the killings In lekki toll gate and you have the mind to come and insult Nigerian youths and there families who lost there loved ones here ,all the bad things you wish for Nigerians will locate you and visit your family as you get mind the support failure to come and rule this our Great nation God will disgrace you in public
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Pemco: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
funshint:
Whoever instituted this suite must be very sick...did the govt seek the approval of the court before implementing the policy in the first place? This is a pure monetary policy. The Court's order is useless.

It's not useless. Buhari was contemplating on halting the implementation. APC governors led by El rufai visited the president and pressurised him to suspend the implementation of the policy... the president asked them to give him seven days to do something about their request; that's what instigated the court case.

You will observe that APC governors (and their new bride, Wike) are crying louder that everyone about the currency redesigning policy. There is really something to it than meets the eye.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by funshint(m): 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
Pemco:

It's not useless. Buhari was contemplating on halting the implementation. APC governors led by El rufai visited the president and pressurised him to suspend the implementation of the policy... the president asked them to give him seven days to do something about their request; that's what instigated the court case.

You will observe that APC governors (and their new bride, Wike) are crying louder that everyone about the currency redesigning policy. There is really something to it than meets the eye.
If the Presidency decides to halt that policy there's nothing any court can do.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by uwuana: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
gaby:

don't mind those blindfolded bastard urchins wey no go school,na to dey stand for Tinubu manhood dem sabi😜😜😜😜
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by HNICEARTH: 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nice development. Say NO to vote buying
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by garfield1: 11:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
vicdom:
Some people at the villa are truly committed to clipping Tinubu's wings in this election cheesy grin

But in all honesty, Tinubu can't win any election now without buying votes, never!! embarassed

He will likely win.they could have stopped him at the prima ry
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by jaxxy(m): 1:35am On Feb 07, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Tinubu doesn't need cash

Which cash is that? Old cash or new cash?

100m na transfer to katsina government for victims not vote buying. Make him carry bullion van enter House again during election make we see.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by CheapHomes1: 1:40am On Feb 07, 2023
Xscape1993:
The founder of agberos in Nigeria and the drug landlord of Africa will never win this election....
there are a million ways the govt could have stopped tinubu many years earlier but it didnt. it cant now be using cashless policy to frustrate nigerians in the name of stopping tinubu from winning election

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Xscape1993(m): 5:25am On Feb 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

there are a million ways the govt could have stopped tinubu many years earlier but it didnt. it cant now be using cashless policy to frustrate nigerians in the name of stopping tinubu from winning election
APC is confused...
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:45am On Feb 07, 2023
Buksaylor:

Make una get sense nah...this judgement favours Buhari nah...
Sense marketer,how much sense do you actually have upstairs?
Please go and take your drugs for your mental disorder regularly or if exhausted get another dosage from your doctor.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by faridaariyo3: 7:17am On Feb 07, 2023
Despite having looted this country dry still they want to continue without looking back but our God pass them.Despite having looted this country dry still they want to continue without looking back but our God pass them....
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Blazebond(m): 7:26am On Feb 07, 2023
What is the business of judiciary with monetary policies? Nigerian judge's just like embarrassing themselves.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by HellVictorinho7: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2023
Xscape1993:
APC is confused...
all the parties are useless
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by seunmsg(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2023
garfield1 and fergie01, I hope you guys are aware that an FCT high court does not have the jurisdiction to even entertain this case? CBN is a federal institution. Only a Federal high court can rule on a matter involving a Federal agency. This order is null, void and of no effect.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:04am On Feb 07, 2023
Solocoin:

E be like say baba want use indirect way and flog some people 😂
Issa simple sturvs.
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by KayCee92(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2023
gaby:

Lol, exactly. Was wondering why many of them are saying Buhari doesn't obey order when this is exactly what the CBN and Buhari wants grin
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by Ahmadluxurycaps: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2023
WHERE IS HE THE SAID MINISTER OF AVIATION HADI SIRIKA WHO VOWED TO HAVE MONEY TO INTIMIDATE....
fergie001:

SOURCE
Re: Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy by maasoap(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
caesymore:

You are freakishly deluded of the major thing in play in this country. I quit on you.

What's my business with you about quiting? Your parents should quit on you if you don't understand that what affects Tinubu affects Atiku, Obi and the rest. Have you seen how Obi has mopped up every new note in Zenith bank?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Should Deny It, If He's Not Getting Funds From ISIS, Al Queda - FFK / Buhari Meets Young Nigerians In Washington D.C / *BREAKING* : 'US Officials' Have Signalled @atiku To Come For Visa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.