Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub (15942 Views)

Air Strikes Destroy Over 30 Illegal Oil Refining Sites In Rivers – NAF / NNPC Missing As China, Saudi Arabia Top World’s Biggest Oil Revenue Earners / Nigeria’s Big Oil-Refining Revamp Gets Off To A Slow Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by guychidile: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2023
What is holding state governments from erecting refinery.,Dangote thanks for the one u are building .,I don't care who and who sponsors it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by guychidile: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2023
What is holding state governments from erecting refinery.,Dangote thanks for the one u are building .,I don't care who and who sponsors it.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by FireUpNow(m): 11:50am On Feb 07, 2023
Dem don start. We dey observe
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2023
BrickDevo:

Given what dangote has done with cement prices, it will be only folly for nigerians to think dangote feul price will be cheaper than it is now. Nigerians will suffer

At the end of the day, high quality fuel costs money....and in dangote's case, he is also paying off the loans he took for the refinery (many of which came from local banks like GT bank)

Niger Republic refines fuel...and sells it at N400 or more.

Keep in mind that no businessman or woman...yes that includes all of them from the street hawker to the market woman to the big man in his high rise HQ is interested in Nigerians welfare. They only want to make a profit to pay their shareholders, workers, etc...and have enough to have a fat bank and investment account. Maybe they donate a bit to charity to take care of the welfare bit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2023
guychidile:
What is holding state governments from erecting refinery.,Dangote thanks for the one u are building .,I don't care who and who sponsors it

Subsidized petrol prices.

Why should a state refine fuel at N200 OR more, and then sell it at N195, losing money?
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Moh247: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2023
HateBigots:
... Will it reduce the suffering of the masses? No.
They will just steal all the money like they have always done.

Shut up urchin!!!. Is it his personal money or government's money? He also created agbero in Lagos.

Zombidiots are naturally stupid so I try not to engage them miscreants

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2023
Brendaniel:
It's not about becoming the biggest alone but the what Nigerians will benefit, Dangote cement is the biggest cement producer in Africa and how has it benefited Nigerians.

That's why I shake my head for people waiting for Dangote refinery

Business people are not here for you and my benefit. They are there for their benefit. That includes not only big men like Dangote, it also includes the hawker who sells you groundnut, and the shoeshine boy....they are there for their benefit.

They are there to make enough money for themselves, their shareholders, their workers, their families and themselves(Yes, I repeated 'themselves twice).

If you were running a business, and you were selling bread you baked at N800 a loaf at N1000, would you sell that same bread at N100 a loaf so that Nigerians can benefit? Bread that cost you N800 to bake.?

Better accept that Dangote has one goal...to make far more money for himself than he did yesterday. Even his own tribespeople, him no send unless they can help him achieve that goal. Accept that and avoid dissapointment.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Jembewon2020: 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
My is that ,if we get it wrong this time we sufer it together
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by sanya4good(m): 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Better days are coming
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Ventura1: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
Do you think benefiting is all about price of the commodities? What about the employment it will generates, the enablement of local industries that depends on refinery byproduct, and the Forex savings.
What about the sure market for Nigeria crude oil, add the 650k barrel with Nigeria's OPEC quota, and imagine the revenue that will accrues to the government to spend.
Brendaniel:
It's not about becoming the biggest alone but the what Nigerians will benefit, Dangote cement is the biggest cement producer in Africa and how has it benefited Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by CallmeTrinity: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
sukkot:
grin also every ship porting at lekki deep sea port from all over the world. nigeria will be a superpower soon thanks to tinubu. dangote refinery refining all world oil. the blue line. trains connecting states, eko atlantic city, 4th mainland bridge

This one is a slow dwelling pauper raised in the teneches hence it thinks Victoria Island in New York.

Poverty Is ttruly a disease
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by jadajada: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Can't wait for the dangote refinery to start operating, it's going to change lots of this in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by MarketDispatch: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
Abitolola:
Mmmn, we are waiting for Dangote to finish his refinery

Then we will know where he will be getting the Crude from because no one has been saying anything about it.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by lomprico(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
We were that before. undecided
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Accyb7bs: 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
It's so many Events cash out season again and I'm preaching the scam gospel with proofs attached!! grin cool

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Valuepaints20(m): 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigeria should be happy about the building of Aliko Dangote's refinery for several reasons:

Increased self-sufficiency: The refinery will help Nigeria reduce its dependence on imported fuel and increase its self-sufficiency, improving the country's energy security.

Economic benefits: The construction and operation of the refinery will generate jobs and stimulate economic growth in the country.

Reduction in fuel costs: By producing its own fuel, Nigeria will likely save money on fuel imports, which will reduce the cost of fuel for its citizens.

Increased foreign investment: The building of the largest oil refinery in Africa by a Nigerian billionaire will attract attention and investment from abroad, boosting Nigeria's economy and reputation.

Overall, the building of Aliko Dangote's refinery is a positive development for Nigeria, and it is something that the country should embrace and be proud of.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Ubanz: 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
When oil is becoming irrelevant
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Ventura1: 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Is Dangote the only player in the cement industry? What are his competitors doing, Lafarge, BUA etc are there, they should drop their prices.
BrickDevo:

Given what dangote has done with cement prices, it will be only folly for nigerians to think dangote feul price will be cheaper than it is now. Nigerians will suffer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by smokinloud(m): 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

At the end of the day, high quality fuel costs money....and in dangote's case, he is also paying off the loans he took for the refinery (many of which came from local banks like GT bank)

Niger Republic refines fuel...and sells it at N400 or more.

Keep in mind that no businessman or woman...yes that includes all of them from the street hawker to the market woman to the big man in his high rise HQ is interested in Nigerians welfare. They only want to make a profit to pay their shareholders, workers, etc...and have enough to have a fat bank and investment account. Maybe they donate a bit to charity to take care of the welfare bit.
What if Nigeria sells crudeoil to dangote at a very cheap rate or better still gives Dangote the certain amount of crudeoil free daily and fix a benchmark for the end-product
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by tunapawizzy: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
Dangote refinery is an opportunity for the next government to succeed. I pray it's going to be a government that is willing to save cost In order to work for the people.
Don't vote for who will corner the wealth for their families and friends. Don't set yourself up. You wont know what you have brought on yourself until you get old and you discover your children can never match up with their own children because they would have used the resources of government meant for all to remove all possibilities for the children of the poor to compete with their own children. Don't think about yourself alone and the LAWMA job they will give u or the plot of land they will allocate to you in Ajah. They will keep feeding your own children A EGG A DAY while their own children will be buying properties of 2million USD abroad.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by twilliamx(m): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mightymanna:
Peter OBi will enjoy these benefits as it will make governance easier for him

Olobushawn. Obi kor, Ebi ni
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Olowoeko11: 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Brendaniel:

how much do you think we should be buying cement?
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by 9jii(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Brendaniel:

Please, keep Shaking your head
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by aestake: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Fredlongs:
One man doing what a whole government cannot
Na govt dey fund him too. Forget that thought.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by amaechi185: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigerians will gain from this buh the disadvantage is federal agencies will get richer, the fuel price will be controlled by dangote, other small refineries will be shutdown in the long runNigerians will gain from this buh the disadvantage is federal agencies will get richer, the fuel price will be controlled by dangote, other small refineries will be shutdown in the long run...
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Allisgud: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Moh247:
cool

One man built Lekki Deep sea port, Lekki free trade Zone which attracted West African largest refinery

Another man invested State Government Allocation in A beer brewery making heroes beer and also saved in a bank making intrest for the bank

Search your soul, check your conscience, reflect on the lies you tell your self over sentiments

always saying rubbish,msshw undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by XXCASH: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Subsidized petrol prices.

Why should a state refine fuel at N200 OR more, and then sell it at N195, losing money?

So you rather the state Govs loot or dash the money out like the Gov in my state Wike.

Listen and listen carefully, even if its sold at N350. What matter is we are producing locally (jobs) and we dont have to use our scarce forex to import which is mainly responsible for Naira devaluation
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Adabestseason(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
I expected the south-south governors to give instructions to people to do the "kpo-fire",but they are afraid of their misgovernance.They rather prefer to see their people going through untold hardship because of poor understanding of macroeconomics by Mr.President.
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
smokinloud:

What if Nigeria sells crudeoil to dangote at a very cheap rate or better still gives Dangote the certain amount of crudeoil free daily and fix a benchmark for the end-product

Result...crude oil producers lose money...and workers ...because they would earn less

If you were selling raw materials to any factory, you won't sell it for free, or give it for free or for half price...so that poor people can afford cheap things.

We can argue that prices of crude produced domestically need not be the same as the international price, but at the end of the day, it won't be that much lower..
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Abaman001(m): 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
Valentine is here, pls show somebody around you love, Nigerians are really going through a lot at this time
Re: Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Biggest Oil-Refining Hub by Ken4Christ: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Abitolola:
Mmmn, we are waiting for Dangote to finish his refinery

All Nigerian own refineries should also be made to work to full capacity so that no one will have the power of monopoly. And it will force the prices down when all the refineries are working.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession / El-rufai’s Son, Bello Appointed Deputy Chief Of Staff / Don Okonkwo Assures Of APC Takeover As Ngige, Andy Uba Storm Stakeholders Meetin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.