Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G (2046 Views)

Redmi 10C Is Out. This Is The Midrange Killer / Free Internet Access For Nigerians Coming, Says FG / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 11:18am On Feb 07, 2023
My MTN Internet access is absolutely horrible with my redmi 10C. I'm not kidding. 4G is even worse than 3G.

I updated from android 11 to 12 and it got even worse. I can't see myself ever buying Xiaomi product again.

This is just too frustrating. It's not the network, it's the phone. I have confirmed that.

I wish there is a solution that doesn't involve using custom ROM.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 11:20am On Feb 07, 2023
This post that I just made above took two attempts to get posted and my network bar was full as you can see in the screenshot.

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Meister(m): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Service has been very bad on MTN for weeks and that screenshot you posted of your nairaland post not working first time is clearly not even network related.
Go to your access point settings and change your APN protocol to IPV4

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Meister:
Service has been very bad on MTN for weeks and that screenshot you posted of your nairaland post not working first time is clearly not even network related.
Go to your access point settings and change your APN protocol to IPV4

The error was network access related. That's the error my browser gives if there is no network. Look at the attached screenshot. I got that error trying to upload this comment with my data turned off.

Your suggestion didn't solve the problems. It seemed to worsen it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Mustiboy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
I don’t think it has anything to do with your phone.

Why don’t you try other ISPs or, better yet, insert the SIM into another phone and test?
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mustiboy:
I don’t think it has anything to do with your phone.

Why don’t you try other ISPs or, better yet, insert the SIM into another phone and test?
If I reboot the phone I will get momentary boost in internet access for some minutes.

Everything is pointing at the phone. It seems the phone only uses a fraction of the internet access available. As you can see my network bars are full.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Mustiboy(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

If I reboot the phone I will get momentary boost in internet access for some minutes.

Everything is pointing at the phone. It seems the phone only uses a fraction of the internet access available. As you can see my network bars are full.

There’s no such thing.

Try the SIM in another phone first
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Meister(m): 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

Network bars being full doesn't translate to fast internet services. Go to your battery, click on details and show us the screenshot.

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2023
Meister:

Network bars being full doesn't translate to fast internet services. Go to your battery, click on details and show us the screenshot.

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
go buy your tecno na
ModCaller:
My MTN Internet access is absolutely horrible with my redmi 10C. I'm not kidding. 4G is even worse than 3G.

I updated from android 11 to 12 and it got even worse. I can't see myself ever buying Xiaomi product again.

This is just too frustrating. It's not the network, it's the phone. I have confirmed that.

If you care about Internet access, please don't touch Redmi

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Bodmum:
go buy your tecno na

Tecno is not the next available options.

Samsung and Google Pixel are there.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Meister(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

Your network is extremely bad, green lines means good network so compare the green lines with other lines there
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Meister(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

Your network is extremely bad and that's probably because of your location, green lines means good network so compare the green lines with other lines there
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Scientheosopher(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
Test it with other sim cards as advised. I once add a similar issue; mine was about calls. It turned out that the culprit was the sim card. A new Airtel sim card ohh.

And as equally pointed out, network bar doesn't translate into network strength. That bar is largely a scam. @atheistandproud has a good topic on this at inquisitiveuniverse.com —where you will learn everything Smartphone, in an easy to understand words.

#Calm down.

3 Likes

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Parachoko: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

The error was network access related. That's the error my browser gives if there is no network. Look at the attached screenshot. I got that error trying to upload this comment with my data turned off.

Your suggestion didn't solve the problems. It seemed to worsen it.
No b your phone fault

Nah so MTN 4G don dey do for some few days now
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by atheistandproud(m): 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
ModCaller:

The Scientheosopher called and I'm here to oblige.

For starters, I would like to know your network signal strength in dBm.

If you don't know how to check it, it's very easy.

Enter settings
Enter about phone
Go to All specs
Scroll down to status
Enter SIM status

Screenshot what you see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2023
atheistandproud:

Enter settings
Enter about phone
Go to All specs
Scroll down to status
Enter SIM status

Screenshot what you see.

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by atheistandproud(m): 1:32am On Feb 08, 2023
[quote author=ModCaller post=120721826][/quote]

Signal strength seems fair.

Try again at peak hours between 11 to 4 this afternoon and let's see the results.

As you can see, my network reception is much better than yours.

To understand dBm, [see here](https://www.google.com/amp/s/inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/12/24/how-to-check-signal-strength-on-android-miui/)

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by seaboyzen: 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
Check your network apn
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
seaboyzen:
Check your network apn

Check how?
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by seaboyzen: 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
ModCaller:

Check how?

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ModCaller: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
seaboyzen:

That's exactly my apn setting

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
boss how do we measure the dbm
atheistandproud:

Enter settings
Enter about phone
Go to All specs
Scroll down to status
Enter SIM status

Screenshot what you see.

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by atheistandproud(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bodmum:
boss how do we measure the dbm

Bro, you network connection is mad!

You dey stay near MTN mast?!

😱😱😱😱😱
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by atheistandproud(m): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
ModCaller:

That's exactly my apn setting

There's nothing wrong with your phone. Na MTN.

Just hold your power button till your phone restarts (forced restart) and check improvements.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
oh, thanks
atheistandproud:

Bro, you network connection is mad!

You dey stay near MTN mast?!

😱😱😱😱😱
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 8:03am On Feb 10, 2023
ModCaller:

Op this is the same Redmi 10C that am using since months now without any single fault, the network is flying any time I login online. Go check your network settings or the type of Redmi 10C you bought because me am still enjoying the phone and can recommend it to anyone

3 Likes

Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by atheistandproud(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
Op this is the same Redmi 10C that am using since months now without any single fault, the network is flying any time I login online. Go check your network settings or the type of Redmi 10C you bought because me am still enjoying the phone and can recommend it to anyone

I've told him that MTN is the problem but he obviously doesn't want to listen.
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by aieo(m): 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2023
I'm having almost a similar issue with you. I just got my redmi 11s. It seems like the network goes on and off for every other thing in the phone except WhatsApp. Like today I could not use my twitter or even browse since morning, it was this evening the network was restored for all apps in my device,but my WhatsApp and Facebook was working very fine. I don't know if there's a setting I need to do, I'm getting tired already
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Meister(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2023
aieo:
I'm having almost a similar issue with you. I just got my redmi 11s. It seems like the network goes on and off for every other thing in the phone except WhatsApp. Like today I could not use my twitter or even browse since morning, it was this evening the network was restored for all apps in my device,but my WhatsApp and Facebook was working very fine. I don't know if there's a setting I need to do, I'm getting tired already

This one is from your access point settings, send a screenshot of your settings, everything
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by shogsman(m): 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
ModCaller:

it's not possible,the phones don't have issues with network,as long as it recognizes the sim, it's fine, it might be a software or settings problem
Re: Redmi 10C Has Very Bad Internet Access, Especially 4G by Fonjewel0(f): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
ModCaller:

Tecno is not the next available options.

Samsung and Google Pixel are there.

Tah!

Why not? You dey underrate these guys wey don upgrade abi?

They have reliable devices with great specs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro Vs Blackberry 9500 (storm 1) / How To Make Your Blackberry Torch 3 Run Faster / Samsung Galaxy S4 Vs Blackberry Q10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.