Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me (340 Views)

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me / Man Dances With Salsa Instructor, Wife Takes Him Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by destiny4luv(m): 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
Good day Nairalanders. let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later while I at work that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to hang up and she hang up the call, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Oloki: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thank God the instruction was from your mom and not hers.

You are not always around, so is like your mum has taken over your duty as husband and she must know everything that goes on in your home. You wife will have to succor for peace to reign.

Is your mom you should tackle, not your wife. For now, let your mom be until she calmed down and any time you are off shore, visit her and have a deep discussion. Maybe that will help.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by Joey4321: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Your wife is a nice person to be taking this level of bullshit sha.
Re: My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me by laluski(m): 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders. let me go straight to the point. I work off-shore so most of the times I am not always around, some times I can be at work for three months and be given one or two weeks time- off that's just the nature of my job.

But they is something troubling me seriously, when I give my wife instructions regarding anything at all she will first of all ask my Mom before she carries out the instruction I give her, that's if my Mom is in support of the instruction. Recently I gave her an instruction regarding a particular matter while I was on time-off, only for my wife to call me fee weeks later while I at work that she has carried out the instruction when the time I told her to carry out that instruction is not yet. I was so mad at her I asked her why can't she wait till the time I told her to do it; she said my Mom came over to the house and told her to do it so she did it. At that point I cut the call.

Later that day my Mom called me and was asking why I cut the call on my wife and refused to pick her call even why she was calling back, I told her she was the course, and she said how, and I told her why will I give my wife instruction and u will come to counter that instruction without the both of u letting me know not after the did has been done. My Mom was angry that can't she have say in my home, I told her to an extent not to the point of countering my instructions. She was very angry we both had some argument on the phone before I told her am late for work I want to hang up and she hang up the call, she knows I was seriously angry with her. Since that day she hasn't called me and I haven't called her too.

My wife called me and apologized that it won't happen again. I forgive her and we both made amend. Now my Mom is not talking to me and my wife at the moment. Please what I did was it wrong or did I over reacted?

I love and respect my Mom likewise my wife, but I won't want her to control my home for me. Should I call her and apologize to her or just let her be till her mind comes down?

Tell your mother to Mind her Business... If you can't tell her lemme have her number and I'll GLADLY tell her...free of charge

(1) (Reply)

What Skill Can I Learn For Free And Won't Affect My Study? / Dangote Truck Kill 168 People Ohh My God��� / Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.