Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) (54099 Views)

Naira Scarcity, Pure Water Seller Goes Cashless, Sells With POS / I Need A Very Good POS Without Network Issues / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by linearity: 12:09am On Feb 08, 2023
Berrityga:
the person without sense here is you. Ussd, ATM card, banking app. You want to tell me all three don't have network. Your a mumu man.

For interbank they all interact with a single intermediary settlement system and network and that where the shock point is.

And this is truly typical because this type huge spike in network traffic was never anticipated on the interbank IP network.

TCP timeout are bound to take place with little delays. This will truly help the interbanking network to rescale their network, but I doubt if it will worth it to drastically scale up, because who is going to pay for the extra overhead?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Minjim: 12:54am On Feb 08, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Why only Tinubu and his goons crying

At this stage you're still shouting Tinubu?!
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Nobodysboo(m): 12:56am On Feb 08, 2023
Cruise
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by FBS: 1:44am On Feb 08, 2023
Going cashless without the infrastructure to support it? Whoever thought this was a good idea is wicked.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by litaninja(m): 2:12am On Feb 08, 2023
Basic infrastructure NEEDS to be put in place BEFORE you build policies on them.

You want to go cashless without a national backbone for communications? Without 24/7 power supply? How please?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by zinizta: 2:25am On Feb 08, 2023
Moh247:

Chaos , and panic in the economy, or simply mop up of Excess liquidity

We are watching

Economic hardship on the masses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
grin

Fkn goofy b*st*rds
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
grin

Fkn goofy b*st*rds banks
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:02am On Feb 08, 2023
FarahAideed:

No matter how stupid a person is he must have supporters in Nigeria

Who can be more stupid than a person supporting a senile geriatric and corrupt Tiefnubu
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by lexy2014: 3:22am On Feb 08, 2023
DollarSigns:

;DBecause you don’t recognize my point doesn’t mean I’m off point
I may as well be his intellectual twin brother so what I see sitting on my stool, you may as well need to google the location of the nearest Mtn Mast grin

Offpoint again. Kindly answer the questions

Did he see scarcity of cash on his executive chair?

Did he see Nigerians suffering on a daily basis by his decision to starve nigerians of cash on his executive chair?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Goodlady(f): 4:02am On Feb 08, 2023
EKONGKING:
Have seen this entire thing about currency replacement and trust me it is going to be brutal.

Common people will face maximum difficulty.

When Modi of India launched the exact same thing what we are witnessing in Nigeria in the name of demonitisation. Economy of India shrank and many people lost jobs.
For almost 3months people of India queued up infront of ATMs and banks for new currency.
But ends justify the means as majority of India transferred to cashless system .the country has got more revenue and eliminated majorly the source of black money or illegal money in their country language

What iam suprised is why buhari allowed in middle of election cycle unless he wants defeat of tinubu.
Modi of India done this currency change midway through his 5 year term and his popularity plunged from 70plus to 45 percent acceptance .
Many has predicted modi will loose elections ,but the 2 and half years softened the people anger , which along with his military strikes against Pakistan saved the day for him.

I think Buhari wants Atiku to win else no one would put his party in this much danger.

This post I posted on Jan 24
Exactly
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Teejay13(m): 4:25am On Feb 08, 2023
Very funny
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by bdon123(m): 4:45am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
Some people are still insisting that Emefiele is on the track
I am still insisting he is on track.No group should be allowed to hijack d country wen policy doesn't favour dem.
I only blame emefiele for not anticipating resistance of d policy n liasing wit icpc n EFCC to deal wit bank executive that try to divert d cash.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Cantonese: 5:03am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:

I don't know what Buhari and Emefiele are trying to achieve with this.

They are trying to make Nigerians have their sanity again after 8 years of hardship, misery, penury and sorrow under APC.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by FarahAideed: 5:06am On Feb 08, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Who can be more stupid than a person supporting a senile geriatric and corrupt Tiefnubu

You already assume I am supporting Tinubu?if you go through my history you will know I can never support Tinubu
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Didi2d(m): 5:06am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:

Because they feel the policy is against Tinubu. There's nothing on track here, people are suffering.

Why implementing such policy because of election that's just one or two days putting Nigerians in a tight situation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by blaise26abj(m): 5:21am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:

It is a nice policy actually but executed by the worst person ever . that man has ulterior motives . Pretty sure he has used this to quickly launder money . Ole ni bobo yen .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by ogashman(m): 5:46am On Feb 08, 2023
Berrityga:
the person without sense here is you. Ussd, ATM card, banking app. You want to tell me all three don't have network. Your a mumu man.

Na u no get sense bros
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by okanlanwon44879: 6:17am On Feb 08, 2023
Why only Tinubu and his goons cryingWhy only Tinubu and his goons crying...
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by benqo01(m): 6:33am On Feb 08, 2023
EMEFIELE,BUHARI AND ALL THOSE HERE SUPPORTING THIS USELESS CASHLESS POLICY,YOU ARE ALL MAD,STUPID AND USELESS

CASHLESS POLICY CANT WORK DONT QUOTE ME IF U DONT WANT GOD TO PUNISH YOU
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Kaolaniyi(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2023
Exedyne:

Union bank na useless bank

Since Saturday them just dey misfire

Them don debit me 6500 failed pos transactions

I no know when them go return my money now

Money wey no do person before

Hope they have reverse it now experience same issue #11k was debited and them no reverse my money currently crying and stranded now can't even sleep...omo I weep for my country
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by lexy2014: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2023
DollarSigns:

Nope all the bank network can’t fail
Forget Emefiele’s personal ambition now
That’s past
Forget the messenger and focus on the message
Mopping excess cash helps to solve local inflation
Curbs vote buying
Believe me, greedy politicians had before now accumulated enough stockpiles of cash for this purpose
Why don’t we just exercise patience and watch
Afterall the government is ending soon

How does Mopping excess cash helps to solve local inflation? Can you pls explain?

Is it the job of emefiele to curb vote buying?

If "greedy politicians had before now accumulated enough stockpiles of cash for this purpose", why should ordinary nigerians suffer for that?

Why should nigerians "exercise patience and watch" in the midst of suffering and restrictions to their bank funds?

If "the government is ending soon", does that justify the suffering at the present moment?

When is this govt ending?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by lexy2014: 7:34am On Feb 08, 2023
okanlanwon44879:
Why only Tinubu and his goons cryingWhy only Tinubu and his goons crying...

Do you have access to your cash? How many nigerians have access to their cash?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Lamanii22(f): 7:47am On Feb 08, 2023
Berrityga:
if it’s zenith bank, all the three you mentioned does not have network o
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Onitola2: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Fuel scarcity has been tormenting nigerians since 2021 intermittently BAT and minions and sycophants said nothing
fuel issue is global problem and partly because of Russia and ukraine war but this cashless policy is self inflicted on ourselves.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by nairamaniac: 8:16am On Feb 08, 2023
HumbleTrader:
This is what happens when you try to run before learning how to walk.
I don't agree.

We have walked long enough. Just that bad leaders who have the means to run faster&stronger are running all over us.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Moh247:
Cashless with fund limitations on transaction

Each Mall in UK still have ATM machines yet they are running cashless society
I think say, una bin dey suport this administration?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by quinox947: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:
An African adage says when a bird dances on the street know that the drummer is closed by. Emiefele is only adhering to the master's order. Everybody blames him but fails to mention the name of the grand monster.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 08, 2023
FriendofGod:

Zenith is the worst.

Nothing is working. USSD, mobile app, internet banking.

That bank is the most useless bank in the world.

Followed by Fidelity Bank, and then Access Bank.
Emefiele and buhari has finally crashed nigeria economy, I do hope we dont go the zimbabwe way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by quinox947: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2023
MOD30:
There is supposed to be a collection of signatures online now calling for Emefiele's resignation and arrest by DSS for economic sabotage.
So you think Emefiele is doing this?
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by quinox947: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2023
FriendofGod:

Zenith is the worst.

Nothing is working. USSD, mobile app, internet banking.

That bank is the most useless bank in the world.

Followed by Fidelity Bank, and then Access Bank.
You are Saying this because you have not used Ecobank. Try it and you will grow grey hair by force.
Re: Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:15am On Feb 08, 2023
Biodun556:

I was surprised when he changed to cashless policy and wonder how we would go completely cashless without prior notice and when we have 100s of thousands of unresolved dispense errors cases in banks.

I don't know what is wrong with Buhari. Is he waiting till everything turns to violence like endsars?
start using opay, kuda, carbon, fairmoney or palmplay, they all are very efficient compared to our traditional local banks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.