Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,652 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima (988 Views)

North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima / Leaked Recording: We Left APC Because We Were Not Financially Rewarded - Saraki / More Senators Threaten To Dump APC Because Of Direct Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ChangetheChange: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2023
During a visit to the Emir of Daura in Katsina, the running mate to Bola Tinubu said that northerners in states with predominant Hausa and Fulani people were refusing to back him.

Vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Kashim Shettima, has alleged that Northerners were reluctant to support him because of his Kanuri ethnic heritage.
“People are saying that I’m not Hausa. We have had people from the north who are not Hausa and they benefitted the north. Umar Musa Yar’adua, Buhari and others are examples

“I’m not Hausa, but I am Fulani-blood related. I’m a Kanuri also, and I have benefit the north than the other,” the APC vice presidential candidate added.

During a visit to the Emir of Daura in Katsina, the running mate to Bola Tinubu said that northerners in states with predominant Hausa and Fulani people were refusing to back him.

Speaking in Hausa and in reference to Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Shettima said, “Ours is ours, but our man who does not benefit us cannot be considered as our own.”

He, therefore, challenged the audience to show him what Mr Abubakar did for the region during his eight years as vice president that warrants their vote.

Mr Shettima furthered challenged the audience to mention eight successful people that Mr Abubakar had mentored through his political career.

https://gazettengr.com/north-is-not-supporting-me-because-im-kanuri-shettima/

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Shettima is making me happy. Nice one from Nigeria incoming VP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ChangetheChange: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
He, therefore, challenged the audience to show him what Mr Abubakar did for the region during his eight years as vice president that warrants their vote.

Mr Shettima furthered challenged the audience to mention eight successful people that Mr Abubakar had mentored through his political career.
Jungle don mature for APC, they have given up hope and now accepted their fate and surrendered that Atiku will clear and win the North East and North West, they are now asking why Atiku has done for the North East . grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ChangetheChange: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Tinubu Presidential ambition have entered voicemail

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by SmartPolician: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Tribalism and religion are integral factors Nigerian voters use to make decisions in 21st Century. The way I see this country, we are not tired of suffering yet because suffering and smiling syndrome has become a part of our DNA.

One thing I know for certain is that the north will experience a low-voter turnout because Buhari failed everyone. If that happens, it's a plus for Peter Obi.

4 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by dedonfranco(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2023
Kanuri people......Most wicked & heartless people in the world.

2 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by press9jatv: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2023
Tinubu ti lule piii piii

2 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Eva2000: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2023
Failure number ONE

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Assassink: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2023
The terrorist has started wailing already.But why is APC still behaving like an opposition party?

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by madridguy(m): 9:21am On Feb 08, 2023
Fear God naaa. Why this lie?

dedonfranco:
Kanuri people......Most wicked & heartless people in the world.
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Assassink: 9:22am On Feb 08, 2023
madridguy:
Dey play

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Urchinpainer: 9:22am On Feb 08, 2023
It's getting clearer to APC and their Urchins that they are in for third place.

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ChangetheChange: 9:22am On Feb 08, 2023
Lamentations 4 vs 1
Jungle don mature for APC and their Muslim Muslim ticket, they thought Northerners are fool

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by FreeStuffsNG: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2023
ChangetheChange:

/
Gazette the fake news empire

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by PointZerom: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2023
You're a Boko Haram commander and your principal is EscoBAT. Two of you are.....

A nother
P ackaged
C riminals.

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ChangetheChange: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Gazette the fake news empire
Continue

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by SmartPolician: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
This is one of the reasons why many Southerners are campaigning for Atiku.

Peter Obi and Atiku Abubukar have created jobs across the country, while the druggie is busy selling crack cocaine in Chicago. That's why there's no known company tied to him, yet he controls billions - money people strongly believe came from public coffers of Lagos, Ogun and Osun States.

A man who creates jobs doesn't necessarily have to give a lecture about creating jobs because that's what he does for a living. My biggest concern is that Atiku is known crook who doesn't even pretend about it.

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by PointZerom: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
madridguy:

Console yourself it is free of charge.

A man that insulted the VP office, likened it to an ICE CREAM OFFICE only to turn back trying to occupy the same office.

Only fools will vote for him.
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Think9ja(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2023
I've watched quite a few of Atiku's rallies in the North. The only time he spoke hausa that I can remember is in Zamfara.

Tinubu on the other hand speaks Yoruba in every of his south west rallies. That's him playing the ethnic card.
Now here's Shetima playing the ethnic card again. That's typical of APC folks.

Speaking about what Atiku has done for the North and who he has mentored......

What did Buhari do for the North before becoming president other than championing the Sharia course?
Who has Buhari ever mentored?
Does Buhari even know what it means to mentor someone?

If Atiku goes the ethnic route, this country might burn.
Tinubu, Shetima and Obi should stop using the ethnic or religious route.

Muslim-muslim ticket doesn't seem to be working, now it's ethnic card.

This election will hold as scheduled on the 25th and Atiku will emerge victorious.
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by Mfetenang: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2023
Is that what your ashewo mother said? grin
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by agadez007(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2023
It should be North not supporting you because you are boko haram commander
Your kanuri people started boko haram and you support them with weapon and cash

Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by ImpregnaTor(m): 10:16am On Feb 08, 2023
This country is too divided by silly lines for anything to work sad
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by techWriter3: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2023
Shettima is putting me happy
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by fr3do(m): 11:21am On Feb 08, 2023
See the ethno-religious political analyses these people are giving, suffer no dey tire Nigerians?

Obi-Datti is the way to go o!
Re: North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima by faceland: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Very weak excuse.

They want him to share money and they also just recognize Atiku more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oiBji53jeM

The only Kanuri I would run away from are the very uneducated once (those dark and tall makes that looks dirty) simply because of the high probability that they might be Boko Haram.

No one is discriminating against him based on his tribe.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Tinubu Will Still Contest In 2027? / APC ‘Uses’ Peter Obi To Campaign Ahead Of Gubernatorial Election (Photo) / Looks Like PDP Has Taken Kaduna, NNPP Taken Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.