Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,420 members, 7,812,236 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima (6280 Views)

North Is Not Supporting APC Because I’m Kanuri: Shettima / Peter Obi To Soludo: Anybody Supporting Me That Fights You Is On His Own / Yagana Musa Becomes First Kanuri Woman To Become A Major In The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by TRUMPwedsBUHARI: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Kashim Shettima, has alleged that Northerners were reluctant to support him because of his Kanuri ethnic heritage.

“People are saying that I’m not Hausa. We have had people from the north who are not Hausa and they benefitted the north. Umar Musa Yar’adua, Buhari and others are examples.

“I’m not Hausa, but I am Fulani-blood related. I’m a Kanuri also, and I have benefit the north than the other,” the APC vice presidential candidate added.

During a visit to the Emir of Daura in Katsina, the running mate to Bola Tinubu said that northerners in states with predominant Hausa and Fulani people were refusing to back him.

Speaking in Hausa and in reference to Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Shettima said, “Ours is ours, but our man who does not benefit us cannot be considered as our own.”

He, therefore, challenged the audience to show him what Mr Abubakar did for the region during his eight years as vice president that warrants their vote.

Mr Shettima furthered challenged the audience to mention eight successful people that Mr Abubakar had mentored through his political career.

https://gazettengr.com/north-is-not-supporting-me-because-im-kanuri-shettima/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by darthv: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Kanuris are mainly associated with boko haram, fulanis and Hausa despite them for that.

The north is diverse just like the south, the binding factor is Hausa language and Islam.

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Tinububalls: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lamentations Chapter 4 vs19.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Isther: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
darthv:
Kanuris are mainly associated with boko haram, fulanis and Hausa despite them for that.

The north is diverse just like the south, the binding factor is Hausa language and Islam.
Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by lhordspy: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Who takes news from gazettengr serious?

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by id911(m): 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
Even in the North, APC is a no go area now. Only on Nairaland I see people supporting them. E don dey clear for Boko Haram Shettima eyes that their ticket will be a monumental failure in the North. The satanic APC is now a regional party.

This election is between Peter Omowale Obi and Atiku Ibn Dubai.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Mylove55(f): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hiss,
Tinubu will win north east and North West

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nigeria cannot afford to have Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin laden as vice president. The duo were dead on arrival.

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by AustineE1: 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
You are a bad market and as a sympathizer of boko haram,no true northerner will support you,we remember the intrigues that led to the adoption of Chibok girls while you are a governor in the state,we also remember that Kabiru Sokoto the notorious boko haram bomber was found in your lounge as a governor. In saner climes, you should be spending time behind bars and not campaigning for an electoral position. For Tinubu to have choosen you as a running mate truly proves that birds of the same feathers flocks together.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mylove55:
Hiss,
In your dreams.

You expect Yoruba to vote for their son, but expect aboki not to vote for theirs.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Ckonnet: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
Chief urchin lamenting!!

8 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Phoen1X: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2023
I can bet with tinubu's testicules that his presidencial dream will remain what it is, ,,..a dream .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Mylove55(f): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
In your dreams.

You expect Yoruba to vote for their son, but expect aboki not to vote for theirs.
that is not politics,
Politics is not by tribe or religion,
Is by political structure

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Echile(m): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
🤔🤔
The most stupid people in Nigeria today are those complaining about APC government and still dey campaign for Tinubu

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Coolsperm: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
No ur principal is not good for the job, even we his own people he disappointed us by choosing you a boko Haram guy to run with, Yoruba Christian's will never vote for this evil ticket, ko Le work

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Neckpresser101: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Echile:
🤔🤔
The most stupid people in Nigeria today are those complaining about APC government and still dey campaign for Tinubu

I swear 💔😂😂

They are wailing about APC they are offering renewed hope hardship

Their microphone licking candidate was blaming APC (CPC faction) for degrading naira

5 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by ASAPFERG1: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
from gazettengr cool
Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Chiboy419: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Tinubu don suffer
Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Fortruth: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Nope because you are a TERRORIST

4 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by omonnakoda: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2023
darthv:

You are ignorant and opinionated. Wrong.
How can Fulani hate them for terrorism when they are worse. Hausa do not despise them.
Abacha was Kanuri and very popular.
The Kanuris accepted Islam centuries before the Fulani jihad
They do not come under the Sokoto Caliphate and resisted the Fulani jihad
That is why Fulani hate them. They are the largest opposition to Fulani hegemony in the North
If you are old enough remember Maitatsine you won't say this
Fulani brought terror to Nigeria not Kanuri

Even though I do not support Tinubu he made a very calculative move opting for Kanuri instead of Fulani
The same move Abiola made.
Shettima will not help Fulani interest which is aggressively creating emirs where none existed e.g. Nasarawa,Kaduna etc

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by BossGerald: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
lhordspy:
Who takes news from gazettengr serious?

How can a senior urchin like you take anything serious in life...

Gazelle gagaraga explainer grin

10 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by ChangetheChange: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
During a visit to the Emir of Daura in Katsina, the running mate to Bola Tinubu said that northerners in states with predominant Hausa and Fulani people were refusing to back him
grin grin grin
Jungle don mature
We warned an educated politically ignorant Tinubu zombies some month ago that a minority Shettima will not make any impact fo Tinubu in the North, Atiku will win the entire North West and North West convincingly and overwhelmingly
Tinubu is only guaranteed of winning Kanuri dominated Borno state and likely Yobe state.
Fulani dominated States in the North East and North West will overwhelmingly vote Atiku a fellow Fulani men

7 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by MrEverest(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hahahaha, no peace for the wicked. I like the way Escobar and Bin Laden have been crying since🤣🤣🤣. The two of them just dey collect Wotowoto since😂😂😂.

Wicked souls that want to suffer Nigerians but our God is alive. Tinubu has started playing dirty as he promised. He is now sending urchins to cause crises in SW. If Boko Haram should start throwing bombs again because Bin Laden was rejected, we know who to hold😂😂.

9 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by ChangetheChange: 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
Vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Kashim Shettima, has alleged that Northerners were reluctant to support him because of his Kanuri ethnic heritage
It is over for Tinubu Presidential ambition... Quote me anywhere

5 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by DeKing234: 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Echile:
🤔🤔

You are right bro. They ain't Human. They are our enemies

5 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by SecretSpy666: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
What many people don't understand about the north is that the Hausa and fulani never want any tribe from the north to become prominent like them. The fulanis believe that if they don't have the position of the president, they should have the vice president. Tinubu/Shetima ticket don't give Hausa or fulani any prominent position. This is why many of them are supporting Atiku or Datti-Baba Ahmed/Obi.

4 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Rahkman: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mylove55:
Hiss,
mumu tinubu will not even win lagos

5 Likes

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by Mylove55(f): 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Zelenskyy:

Your eyez go clear on election day....

The North will tell you that the meaning of "political structure" is voting for their own son..

Jungle don mature finish....

Ūrchins will soon chop breakfast.

🥣🥣🥣🥗🥗🥗🍛🍛🍛🍛🍲🍲🍲

that is what obi.diot people said,
Northerners are not idiotic pigs

1 Like

Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by RZArecta(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
LMAOOOO grin
Re: North Is Not Supporting Me Because I’m Kanuri - Shettima by ganisucks(f): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
APC going, going, gone...

The fact is that it's over for APC and Baba blue. They know it, the whole world knows it. What APC wants now is postponement. That's all they are after now. They know that if election is held on the 25th, na last dem go carry.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NUPENG Calls Off Strike / We Are Fighting Poverty Step-by-step — FG / Pictures Of Peter Obi That Will Make Northern Masses Love Him More (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.