Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. (5602 Views)

Does The Supreme Court Have Original Jurisdiction Over Naira Deadline Case? / Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension / Why Is Peter Obi Not Complaining About The Old Naira Deadline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Cantonese: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2023
Zandena:
And that will signal the end of democracy in Nigeria!
The government can disobey a ruling of a lower court pending appeal of such order but not supreme court order. Supreme court can't even reverse itself after the order.
FG should accept the interim injunction in good faith and works towards winning the case before the supreme court when proceedings commenced in February 15th.
Anything less than that is calling for anarchy in the country!

READ FIRST.

Have you ever experienced military governance? Soldier don slap you before, or nearly slap you?

Think well first.
Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Cantonese: 7:56am On Feb 09, 2023
MyMouth:

Stop misleading people you Igbo! Disobeying the supreme court of the land is a call to anarchy. Even buhari won't try it. This is not kanu's case that can be interpreted anyhow

Shut that your stinking garri and beans infested mouth. If you do not know what to say, why not listen to knowledgeable people and learn?

Olodo. When you go to school and spend your time playing baba Ijebu and bet9ja, how can you understand? What have the Igbos got to do with you?

How would you understand the ruling of the Supreme court, when aside from not knowing it, you did not take your time to read from knowledgeable people who interpreted it?

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 10, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You fool ended up making no sense from all the volumes you poured out here, with the only noticeable thing being your frequent use of "you people" in reference to the Igbos!
Your hatred and bigotry will consume you, a rotten cockroach that thinks itself a human!

Lol. See below and repeat that I am "making no sense". I am stating the the truth that is upsetting for hateful IPOBian like you but we all know you lot can't deal with the truth.

You'd rather live in fantasy land. I have told you people the deal from day one when they were trying to stop Tinubu becoming APC candidate. I boldly predicted that Buhari and his anti-Tinubu cabal will face the mother of all rebellion because many did not sign up to do "abobaku" for Buhari and his wishes.

Literally many thousands of ambitions hangs on APC retaining power as ruling Party and you think those very powerful, populous and influential politicians will sit back to let outgoing Buhari and a small cabal of individuals that never won any elective office, and does not mean well for anyone, ruin their hard work and future irreparably? All that so Atiku and PDP can profit?

You simply cannot understand how many are seething at what Buhari and the Aso Rock cabal are trying to do. It is literally like a dying man trying to take the sun with him to the grave so that everything and everyone else dies after he does.

You IPOBians are truly m0r0nic and history, powerful as it is, remains incapbable of teaching your hate-damaged brains anything.

https://www.nairaland.com/7562324/old-naira-notes-fg-obey

The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami, SAN, has said the Federal Government would comply with the order of the Supreme Court for the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to suspend its scheduled deadline for the use of the old N200, N500 and N1000 banknotes.

Malami, who had since filed a preliminary objection to challenge the apex court order, said the government would abide by it until it is set aside.

The AGF made FG’s position on the matter known when he appeared as a guest on Arise Television.

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Hopium: 7:46am On Feb 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lol. See below and repeat that I am "making no sense". I am stating the the truth that is upsetting for hateful IPOBian like you but we all know you lot can't deal with the truth.

You'd rather live in fantasy land. I have told you people the deal from day one when they were trying to stop Tinubu becoming APC candidate. I boldly predicted that Buhari and his anti-Tinubu cabal will face the mother of all rebellion because many did not sign up to do "abobaku" for Buhari and his wishes.

Literally many thousands of ambitions hangs on APC retaining power as ruling Party and you think those very powerful, populous and influential politicians will sit back to let outgoing Buhari and a small cabal of individuals that never won any elective office, and does not mean well for anyone, ruin their hard work and future irreparably? All that so Atiku and PDP can profit?

You simply cannot understand how many are seething at what Buhari and the Aso Rock cabal are trying to do. It is literally like a dying man trying to take the sun with him to the grave so that everything and everyone else dies after he does.

You IPOBians are truly m0r0nic and history, powerful as it is, remains incapbable of teaching your hate-damaged brains anything.

https://www.nairaland.com/7562324/old-naira-notes-fg-obey

Those guys are the most m0roonic collective i've ever seen. They've been fantasizing about the "north will vote their own" for sometime now, so Tinubu won't get votes in the North. I wonder what will become of the investment of guys like El-Rufai since his days at CPC; or the structures in APC controlled northern states? They will simply let everything go to ruin because of Atiku and go back to PDP to scrap off the table. One nincompoop even said if Tinubu loses, El-Rufai won't lose sleep.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Hopium: 7:51am On Feb 10, 2023
Cantonese:

Shut that your stinking garri and beans infested mouth. If you do not know what to say, why not listen to knowledgeable people and learn?

Olodo. When you go to school and spend your time playing baba Ijebu and bet9ja, how can you understand? What have the Igbos got to do with you?

How would you understand the ruling of the Supreme court, when aside from not knowing it, you did not take your time to read from knowledgeable people who interpreted it?

See this foolish dude.

I pray many of don't commit suicide after the election.
Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Hopium:

Those guys are the most m0roonic collective i've ever seen. They've been fantasizing about the "north will vote their own" for sometime now, so Tinubu won't get votes in the North. I wonder what will become of the investment of guys like El-Rufai since his days at CPC; or the structures in APC controlled northern states? They will simply let everything go to ruin because of Atiku and go back to PDP to scrap off the table. One nincompoop even said if Tinubu loses, El-Rufai won't lose sleep.

Bro, their dumb talk is the manifeststion of minds destroyed by hate and vindictiveness. They cannot even pause to think properly ever.

They just follow their crude instinct of hatred for others. They are the only folks in Nigeria who will never accept the simple reality of politics being about permanent interest.

Many Northern leaders, including Buhari, were in the trenches against PDP for 16 years. They will now go back to that, after getting to the apex of Nigerian leadership via APC, because of the wishes of Buhari's aso rock cabal?

The prestige, advantages and career progress of being a serving political member of the APC ruling Party is something some will casually throw away to please some outgoing cabal full of individuals who never contested an election and contributed zero to making APC the ruling Party?

Did Malami not come out to run for Kebbi State governorship position? Yet he fled back to Abuja, to the safety of Aso Rock, when he realised he is nothing compared to the real players who live and breathe politics.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Deadline Remains 10th Feb.. by Hopium: 8:28am On Feb 10, 2023
Dsalvo:

Bro, their dumb talk is the manifeststion of minds destroyed by hate and vindictiveness. They cannot even pause to think properly ever.

They just follow their crude instinct of hatred for others. They are the only folks in Nigeria who will never accept the simple reality of politics being about permanent interest.

Many Northern leaders, including Buhari, were in the trenches against PDP for 16 years. They will now go back to that, after getting to the apex of Nigerian leadership via APC, because of the wishes of Buhari's aso rock cabal?

The prestige, advantages and career progress of being a serving political member of the APC ruling Party is something some will casually throw away to please some outgoing cabal full of individuals who never contested an election and contributed zero to making APC the ruling Party?

Did Malami not come out to run for Kebbi State governorship position? Yet he fled back to Abuja, to the safety of Aso Rock, when he realised he is nothing compared to the real players who live and breathe politics.

Bro, you've said it all. The leaders in that region failed woefully in educating them. Their parents too have a big share in the blame. It never cease to amaze me how a region can suck so much at national politics. Even their best politicians are mediocre compared to their colleagues all over the nation.

I hope their eyes will open after the election so they can study how the other regions do national politics. But my guess is as good as yours - PO will lose and the SEasterners will start hating the president and the rest of nation. They will resume their biafra agitation until another 4 years will pass without strategizing or correcting their mistakes. The presidency will continue rotating between the SS, N, and SW until the country cease to exist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor / LASEPA Shuts Premises In Orile Iganmu & Surulere For Noise Pollution / Secret Video Reveals Pastor TB Joshua’s secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.