Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria (396 Views)

How To Build A Reverse Proxy Server In Node.js / Django And Flask Users, Your Help Is Needed Please / Best network for browsing and cheap subscription plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by Mrquote: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2023
Pls as our naira card cannot pay in dollars I'm looking for the best Nigeria hosting service where I can host a flask server. Or even rent a VPS if need be. Probably a cheaper service as we are still early in production.
Re: I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:48am On Feb 09, 2023
Re: I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 6:59am On Feb 09, 2023
Mrquote:
Pls as our naira card cannot pay in dollars I'm looking for the best Nigeria hosting service where I can host a flask server. Or even rent a VPS if need be. Probably a cheaper service as we are still early in production.
My advice:

1. Many Nigerian hosting services like Qservers offer VPS service. But they don't offer plans for hobbyists. For example, Qservers' VPS starts from 26k per month. Whereas Linode offers as low as $5 per month.

2. PythonAnywhere is, in my opinion, the most pythonic hosting platform. They even offer a free plan which (I don't think) requires a credit card. More importantly, they've abstracted away the complex web server configuration steps so you won't even need to touch Nginx, Apache or even Gunicorn. You only give them the path to your wsgi file and they'll handle everything from there.

3. This dollar issue is a problem. But a workaround is those fintech platforms like flutterwave, cardify, chippercash and spendwise (which I use but not necessarily because it's better). These platforms offer draconian exchange rate (no cap) but since all you need is less than $5 then you can manage them. Major platforms like Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr (which I don't recommend) and AWS offer free plans that could be up to one year.
Re: I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by Mrquote: 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
GeoAfrikana:

My advice:

1. Many Nigerian hosting services like Qservers offer VPS service. But they don't offer plans for hobbyists. For example, Qservers' VPS starts from 26k per month. Whereas Linode offers as low as $5 per month.

2. PythonAnywhere is, in my opinion, the most pythonic hosting platform. They even offer a free plan which (I don't think) requires a credit card. More importantly, they've abstracted away the complex web server configuration steps so you won't even need to touch Nginx, Apache or even Gunicorn. You only give them the path to your wsgi file and they'll handle everything from there.

3. This dollar issue is a problem. But a workaround is those fintech platforms like flutterwave, cardify, chippercash and spendwise (which I use but not necessarily because it's better). These platforms offer draconian exchange rate (no cap) but since all you need is less than $5 then you can manage them. Major platforms like Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr (which I don't recommend) and AWS offer free plans that could be up to one year.

Thanks I know about pythonanywhere but their server slow things down abit I'm looking at using rando. I don't know why Nigeria hosting platforms are not built for servers side applications only php stuff full everywhere.
Re: I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mrquote:

Thanks I know about pythonanywhere but their server slow things down abit I'm looking at using rando. I don't know why Nigeria hosting platforms are not built for servers side applications only php stuff full everywhere.
I never knew Python anywhere is slow.
You can try out rando.

Most Nigerian websites were built with WordPress and PHP. I don't know if that has changed. Even globally, wordpress hosting is more ubiquitous than VPS.
Re: I'm Looking For The Best Service And Cheap One To Host Flask Server In Nigeria by Mrquote: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
GeoAfrikana:

I never knew Python anywhere is slow.
You can try out rando.

Most Nigerian websites were built with WordPress and PHP. I don't know if that has changed. Even globally, wordpress hosting is more ubiquitous than VPS.
Yap true talk. Here the website if you don't mind a streaming service for sports games.

https://goalstreaming.onrender.com/

Still testing it if you any idea drop for me bro. In case of making it better.

(1) (Reply)

Arduino And Embedded Systems Whatsapp Group / How To Create Components In React - Xutini / Do You Know 15k Can Give You Access To Constant Power Supply In Aba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.