Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad (827 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2023
Even if you don't plan to buy a car when you travel, I think it is very important to know how to drive especially if you plan to come to Europe precisely Germany.
Here is my reason.
To get a German drivers license is very tough and expensive.
For each 45mins you spend learning how to drive, you will pay atleast #52,000 and believe me, 45mins won't even be enough in one day.
Which means, you need over #100,000 to learn how to drive in just one day.
Note that the driving instructor will only recommend a practical exam for you only when he is convinced that you are good enough at driving to pass the practical test.
Which means the more practial lessons you take, the more money you spend everyday.
If you learn how to drive 10days, multiply it by atleast #100,000 daily grin cheesy
Now do the calculation. How many days will it take you from the novice level to the level needed to impress a typical German to pass the driving test?
This is outside the basic fees you need to pay for
1. First Aid test
2. Registration in the driving school
3. Theory exam registration
4. Practical exam registration etc

And mind you, each time you fail the theory exam you have to register for it again with another exam fee, same with practical exam.
Now let me give you small package of how the theory exam looks like.
You will have to memorise all the traffic rules (1615 questions and answers) and only random 30 will be selected and you need to score about 28/30 to pass the theory exam. I will still send a screenshot of the typical questions being asked.

After passing the theory exam, then comes the practical exam which requires
high driving skills, reverse, parking, driving at night etc.
It will be easier and cheaper to get the license if you already know how to drive because it will reduce the number of Minutes for your practical lesson (atleast #100,000 every 90 minutes).
The higher the number of minutes spent learning, the higher the fee you pay for the learning.
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Lucasinho(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2023
grin
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 10:18am On Feb 09, 2023
This is a typical theory exam taken from the 1615 questions which might appear among the 30 Exam questions.

Note that when there are two answers to a question, you will automatically fail the particular question if you mark only one option. You need to mark the two options to get the point for the question.

Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2023
Some questions have only one correct answer which means you need to choose only one answer.
some questions have all options correct, which means you need to choose all the options.
If a particular question has two options correct and you choose one option, then you will fail the particular question just like in this particular one below.
To pass, you need to correctly answer about 28 questions out of 30
The 30 exam questions will be randomly taken from the 1615 questions already given to you to prepare on

1 Share

Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 10:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Stop converting euros to naira. Minimum was in both countries are not the same. Even if you learnt driving from Nigeria. You still need to be trained by an instructor over there before attempting a road test.

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2023
ednut1:
Stop converting euros to naira. Minimum was in both countries are not the same. Even if you learnt driving from Nigeria. You still need to be trained by an instructor over there before attempting a road test.
I decided to mention a currency used by Nigerians so they will understand better.

You are correct, but your training as an experienced driver won't take as long as someone who is a total novice in driving.
A friend of mine just did 4 trainings and the instructor booked a driving test for him.
Can a total novice do 4 driving lessons?
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by LikeAking: 10:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Op thanks.

Some stupid fathers will still say I will not allow my child learn how to drive until he is 25, bla, bla, bla.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2023
LikeAking:
Op thanks.

Some stupid fathers will still say I will not allow my child learn how to drive until he is 25, bla, bla, bla.

Lol, in my own case, I won't blame my father because he doesn't have a car, neither does any of my siblings have.
Right now, I have to spend a high amount of money to get the license.
Not that I am complaining but sometimes, I wish I already know how to drive before coming to Germany for studies
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by pseudonomer: 1:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
Goztino:
Even if you don't plan to buy a car when you travel, I think it is very important to know how to drive especially if you plan to come to Europe precisely Germany.
Here is my reason.
To get a German drivers license is very tough and expensive.
For each 45mins you spend learning how to drive, you will pay atleast #52,000 and believe me, 45mins won't even be enough in one day.
Which means, you need over #100,000 to learn how to drive in just one day.
Note that the driving instructor will only recommend a practical exam for you only when he is convinced that you are good enough at driving to pass the practical test.
Which means the more practial lessons you take, the more money you spend everyday.
If you learn how to drive 10days, multiply it by atleast #100,000 daily grin cheesy
Now do the calculation. How many days will it take you from the novice level to the level needed to impress a typical German to pass the driving test?
This is outside the basic fees you need to pay for
1. First Aid test
2. Registration in the driving school
3. Theory exam registration
4. Practical exam registration etc

And mind you, each time you fail the theory exam you have to register for it again with another exam fee, same with practical exam.
Now let me give you small package of how the theory exam looks like.
You will have to memorise all the traffic rules (1615 questions and answers) and only random 30 will be selected and you need to score about 28/30 to pass the theory exam. I will still send a screenshot of the typical questions being asked.

After passing the theory exam, then comes the practical exam which requires
high driving skills, reverse, parking, driving at night etc.
It will be easier and cheaper to get the license if you already know how to drive because it will reduce the number of Minutes for your practical lesson (atleast #100,000 every 90 minutes).
The higher the number of minutes spent learning, the higher the fee you pay for the learning.

If you learn how to drive in Nigeria, you will still need to pass the take practical exams and theory exams, and I bet you, you have high chances of not passing it twice.
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by pseudonomer: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Goztino:

Lol, in my own case, I won't blame my father because he doesn't have a car, neither does any of my siblings have.
Right now, I have to spend a high amount of money to get the license.
Not that I am complaining but sometimes, I wish I already know how to drive before coming to Germany for studies

Learning how to drive in not hard, learning to follow the rules is the hard part. Now, you can take driving test with Automatic Cars in Germany.
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
pseudonomer:

Learning how to drive in not hard, learning to follow the rules is the hard part. Now, you can take driving test with Automatic Cars in Germany.

I want to learn manual. Though I can ride Motorcycle very well but car is a totally different ball game.
Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by Goztino(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Most Nigerians might fail this one below because of their love for bushmeat grin cheesy

Re: Learn How To Drive In Nigeria Before Traveling Abroad by JohnQueen(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
Load the animal in my vehicle for consumption grin
Goztino:
Most Nigerians might fail this one below because of their love for bushmeat grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Guarantor For My Passport I Applied For Online / Study Visa To Cyprus / Need Help To Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.