Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad (28167 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Lagos / Dora Omoruyi Who Survived Mediterranean Shipwreck Doesn't Want To Return Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lifeinbits(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by budaatum: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
Wise woman. She might grow and find better so it's wise to keep open options. Grow and you too might.

And thanks for your support.

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by isan(m): 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
unless you get bigger bags she won't look your side

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by advanceDNA: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

U have been used....
pele...
Move on..

U go dey alright las las

226 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Haakeem(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2023
Mumu.
Dey are about to leave you behind.

We no tell am??

We tell am ooo😂

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Amotolongbo(f): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lifeinbits:

so pe o ti lo

Moreover, I would advise you to go for the study route and make your own way out of the country. It is now your choice either to marry her or not.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
She doesn't see you in her future plans.

But why didn't you apply too?

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Allow her go. She go shock when she reach there. They all think getting married abroad is easy lol. Besides a student visa doesnt guarantee japa especially in the US but then even if you go as her dependant you arent allowed to work too. grin grin grin grin

160 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Red02(m): 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
To the people coming in please be aware that this client is a clout chaser.

Please we would appreciate if you dont feed him attention he craves.

Thank you

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lasisieniola77(m): 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lies, Why didn't you apply too

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by habsydiamond(m): 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
Ur babe has thrown u under the bus.... ehya sorry ooo.. just know she's not yours.. someone that is yours will never treat u bad no matter ur predicament or circumstance.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 4:27am On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

You do not know how to travel abroad, but you have a girlfriend who does and you supported her so much financially to enable it happen. While doing this, you did not ask her; Nne, how are processing this application to move abroad? Could you teach me considering I am sponsoring the process?

Did you? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Then, you came to Nairaland typing mendaciously about how she has changed her mind even though you wanted to travel but you don't know how. Not only that, you had created the same topic in the Family section, but since that had little traction, you came here to try your luck, all in a bid to enter FP.

I understand that the unemployment situation in Nigeria is extremely high, but don't you think there are better things to do with your time and precious bandwidth?

https://www.nairaland.com/7557665/girlfriend-wants-travel-abroad-without

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 5:08am On Feb 07, 2023
To get papers after studying in usa most times is through marriage. She no wan dey handicapped from marriage. Also women are wired to believe there is better out there hahahaha

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by emmaodet: 5:14am On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

There is a saying, I don't know how to put it that = if a man is hustling with a woman and he scales through, the woman will expect him to bring her up but if the woman scales through first, she will tell him to double his hustle and meet her on the other side else she will dump him.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by emmaodet: 5:17am On Feb 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Allow her go. She go shock when she reach there. They all think getting married abroad is easy lol. Besides a student visa doesnt guarantee japa especially in the US but then even if you go as her dependant you arent allowed to work too. grin grin grin grin

It doesn't matter anymore to her. At this point, she believes she is better than him and deserves a better man.
It is either he doubles up and meet her at the top or he forgets about her.
Sometimes, people think what the TRP guys are saying are trashes but it is the bitter truth.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Raalsalghul: 6:33am On Feb 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

U have been used....
pele...
Move on..

U go dey alright las las

Lots of men will be alright when they start dealing with women in a logical manner.

So you no wan better your own life too abi @Op?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Sisib15: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2023
Most people will be blaming the lady without asking the guy questions because you 'all heard money is involved. I blamed the lady, whenever one wants to embark on something like this you don' t seek help from boyfriend because they will always have a sense of entitlement. And for the guy, its not too late to start your own process if you truly like your girlfriend. You can also apply to the same school as hers or other one too. When you also get there you will be looking for a means to get your own paper too. The girl may love but she may not be ready to marry now, maybe she's still trying to find her path. Best of luck. And all other Men commenting up there, don't be too emotional because you don't even know their story

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Sweetvie: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lance008(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2023
isan:
unless you get bigger bags she won't look your side
She no go even look he face
This is the main reason I focus more on making myself better
You no apply but u Dey sponsor
She go soon dey see am as enemy of progress

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lance008(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2023
Sisib15:
Most people will be blaming the lady without asking the guy questions because you 'all heard money is involved. I blamed the lady, whenever one wants to embark on something like this you don' t seek help from boyfriend because they will always have a sense of entitlement. And for the guy, its not too late to start your own process if you truly like your girlfriend. You can also apply to the same school as hers or other one too. When you also get there you will be looking for a means to get your own paper too. The girl may love but she may not be ready to marry now, maybe she's still trying to find her path. Best of luck. And all other Men commenting up there, don't be too emotional because you don't even know their story
Abeg carry ur rubbish comot from here
U think say USA Na Lagos make u fit enta comot anytime
Wat about if USA no grant he visa

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Divija(f): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please what are the procedures. I am interested

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Lifeinbits(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2023
For those of you thinking I am young, I am a 40 years old man while my girlfriend is 28 years old. We had some conversation this morning and it's so glaring that she wants me to go through the study route or try another country then she can come and join me. She said that going as a dependent means I want to settle for crumbs while i can also get the big bones. And I am insisting to her that it's doesn't matter even if F2 does not work, I can always do under the table job.
Lifeinbits:

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

let her get her visa first 😂😂

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by 12inchess: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:
For those of you thinking I am young, I am a 40 years old man while my girlfriend is 28 years old. We had some conversation this morning and it's so glaring that she wants me to go through the study route or try another country then she can come and join me. She said that going as a dependent means I want to settle for crumbs while i can also get the big bones. And I am insisting to her that it's doesn't matter even if F2 does not work, I can always do under the table job.
She is using you to find her admission. She will drop you once she gets there. Like you said she is 28 and 40. She sees you as a moneybag. The goose that lays the golden eggs. At 40 how easy is it to start going to school again. Even me in my mid 30s going to school. It's very though abeg.

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Omololaeni(f): 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
The funniest thing is she gave you the best advice anyone can give you. Don’t go to Usa on F2 you will get frustrated. Most f2 end up changing to f1 when they get here, the chances of both of you getting the visa if you go together is also very slim. Uk is easier to go with a dependent but usa hmm. I have so many colleagues here that both husband and wife came on f1 separately. People that are over 40years sef are coming through study route so I don’t think your age is a problem. Dust your credentials, ask her to put you through or better still surf the internet and process your own admission to.

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by ednut1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:
with this age disparity she doesn’t see a future with you. Before una go balance get papers 4 to 5 years don waka. You are already too old for all that . Sorry sir

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by cocolacec(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

You do not know how to travel abroad, but you have a girlfriend who does and you supported her so much financially to enable it happen. While doing this, you did not ask her; Nne, how are processing this application to move abroad? Could you teach me considering I am sponsoring the process?

Did you? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Then, you came to Nairaland typing mendaciously about how she has changed her mind even though you wanted to travel but you don't know how. Not only that, you had created the same topic in the Family section, but since that had little traction, you came here to try your luck, all in a bid to enter FP.

I understand that the unemployment situation in Nigeria is extremely high, but don't you think there are better things to do with your time and precious bandwidth?

https://www.nairaland.com/7557665/girlfriend-wants-travel-abroad-without

I advised him to post it on travel section so consultants can give him sound advise on US immigration stuff and why the fiance decides to go alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by cocolacec(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:

My brother i will advise you to tell her you will do the wedding in Naija before she leaves,she will go alone at first so American embassy will not refuse you both.Once she gets to America she should file for you as a spouse.if she doesnt marry youthen leave her alone.

Before you go for interview contact me or read up US Student visa on travel section or ask for interview extracts.

I can guide you on how to seek admission too if you need help.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Sibaa(m): 2:27am On Feb 08, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Allow her sir. This thing sup with my friend. Him sef don finally De US now married to Whity the girl wey leave am for 9ja in 2019 just de f**k different guys left right and center . She no even see babymama contract yet as of Sept 2022. We nono update now sha. I think it works more for black guys to marry a white American lady or gay sef lol. (is a free world outhere man) when you eventually get there. It's not so easy for black African ladies to get such deals but for your peace of mind I feel you just gotta detach gradually so it won't affect your health considering your age sir

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by engrsyer(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Lifeinbits:

Hahaha, it is not funny I understand but to me it is funny because she has scammed u. Sharp babe.

Her plan is to mingle and get married to a citizen and nationalize there sharperly.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by Rocktation(f): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
And where did you and your girlfriend, hear that a student on an F1 visa, can bring their boyfriend to the US?

Even if you want to visit..will you not let her come first? ABI you want to be visiting who you are travelling side by side with?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad by cooooooks(m): 4:26am On Feb 15, 2023
Never beg someone to marry you.

If she wants to go without sponsoring you, no wahala. She is probably concerned that if she applies as a married person, the visa would be denied.

If you guys have not already had a deep discussion, ask the following:
- Tell her you're exceedingly happy at her admission and wish her visa application is approved.
- ask what is her marriage concern? Try to allow her to answer the question by herself. After she has answered (and if necessary), ask if she is concerned that she will be denied if she has family?
- Review your own japa options personally.
- Review your family desires. Do you actually want to marry her? Do you want to have kids now? Are you ready to walk away?

If you insist on marriage pre-travel, and she refuses, break up (or reduce contact).

You two are individuals after it's all said and done.

Lifeinbits:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day / Road Leading To A General Hospital Flooded In Lagos / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.