Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Evil Happening In Uniport! (1553 Views)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dripty: 11:59am On Feb 09, 2023
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Seun
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Richiez
Fynestboi
Olawalebabs

Please move this to front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by olayinks007(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reason why they will continue to say Education Na Scam imagine such wickedness from a foolish Lecturer and the school Authority is doing nothing about it, this is Mass Failure and the stupid Lecturer have to be Summoned to the panel and needs to be checked and to also give Answers to why such is happening especially to his own course.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by CodeTemplar: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
So much politicking and greed around grades because we celebrate good grades more than hardwork and productivity.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dreamsss: 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
We had a similar experience in LAUTECH with lots of courses actually, but particularly the then 200 level Organic Chemistry 222. The fear of 222 then, was the beginning of wisdom. You'd see nothing in the course and yet people would fail over and over and over again. Sometimes, even people that paid money, could not entirely be saved, because their GPA would've undergone permanent paralysis, following the first failure. And it was a 4points course, so you can imagine what I mean. It was sooo pathetic, and it has been telling on many of us, even after school.

Good thing for others as I later heard though, that it got completely scrapped from the entire school's curricular....following my own graduation. That's to confirm to you that it was that bad. So we were the unlucky lab rats abi na scapegoats.

4 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by LilleG(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is pure wickedness
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Bigfish121(m): 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
I did this course in my year one though it was easy for us.my problem is the corruption and greed in that uniport is just something else.you can even pay upto 500k to upgrade your certificate.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Richy4(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
Any evidence to substantiate what you have said?... Voice recording would have been the easiest... Do it discreetly next time... As you are reporting, u are showcasing your exhibits..

Era of Whistleblowing without evidence have passed? Not now that the world have all kinds of gadgets... smiley
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by princely4ever: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Dripty:
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Seun
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Richiez
Fynestboi
Olawalebabs

Please move this to front page

This is not how to deal with the matter. What's the proof that you really passed the course or didn't fail? Defend what you did in your exams before your lecturer or someone reasonable. Your lectuerers aren't a god or something like that. They can be sued and indicted. This isn't an ordinary matter. Are you afraid?

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Emu4u2c: 3:22am On Feb 10, 2023
Ofrima tales...Chem 130 na normal 'F' For uniport.. Dem nor tell you
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by dollytino4real(f): 5:08am On Feb 10, 2023
My goodness, just pray bros every department have their own wicked lecturer, during our tIme late Dr Obed was our demi god then
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by BeanX(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2023
This shit can only happen in Nigeria, Africa. make those bastards and corrupt lecturers try am for saner clime like America and UK, dem never born them well self. 😂😂
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kozmokaz(m): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Richy4:
Any evidence to substantiate what you have said?... Voice recording would have been the easiest... Do it discreetly next time... As you are reporting, u are showcasing your exhibits..

Era of Whistleblowing without evidence have passed? Not now that the world have all kinds of gadgets... smiley

Nothing like evidence

The sch authority should demand for the answer scripts of the students that where failed
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2023
Unique unique! Uni uni uniport grin
What abou chem132 organic chemistry kwanu?
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Richy4(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2023
kozmokaz:

Nothing like evidence

The sch authority should demand for the answer scripts of the students that where failed
If someone is making a report to the school authority, that person will be a point of contact, right? and if others come forward with the same complaint, then the school will have a scandal on their hands..

If the person wants to remain anonymous while making a report, there should be substantial evidence to nail the culprit, or don't you think so?...By having a recording, that will prompt people to come forward... and the school authority might do what you said..

I don't think there are institution in Nigeria that have the time to ransack an archive answer scripts just on a hearsay... it might be a wild goose chase in my opinion.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kozmokaz(m): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Richy4:

If someone is making a report to the school authority, that person will be a point of contact, right? and if others come forward with the same complaint, then the school will have a scandal on their hands..

If the person wants to remain anonymous while making a report, there should be substantial evidence to nail the culprit, or don't you think so?...By having a recording, that will prompt people to come forward... and the school authority might do what you said..

I don't think there are institution in Nigeria that have the time to ransack an archive answer scripts just on a hearsay... it might be a wild goose chase in my opinion.

A failure of such proportions means either the lecture is not doing enough to teach his /her students or something is fishing

Some hods won’t approve such result

I went to a sch where two dept where at war and very good at failing students from the two warring depts

And that warranted the both dept to always demand to scripts to be sure the mass failure wasn’t as a result of the rivalry

So in this case

With the mass failure recorded

It should be something to worried about for the the sch in general cause it’s sending bad info out there bout that particular course
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Richy4(m): 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
kozmokaz:

A failure of such proportions means either the lecture is not doing enough to teach his /her students or something is fishing

Some hods won’t approve such result

I went to a sch where two dept where at war and very good at failing students from the two warring depts

And that warranted the both dept to always demand to scripts to be sure the mass failure wasn’t as a result of the rivalry

So in this case

With the mass failure recorded

It should be something to worried about for the the sch in general cause it’s sending bad info out there bout that particular course
You are a very lucky dude to have attending such an institution. In my opinion, it was to you guy's advantage... No one will fail you guys deliberately for not buying handouts or textbooks... it will be dictated by the other department...especially when you know what you have written....

If this is really true, I wish someone can boldly come out and accuse the said lecturer...
The probability of doing that is zero because everyone wants to graduate at the right time to avoid victimization... that is their guts.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kozmokaz(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
Richy4:

You are a very lucky dude to have attending such an institution. In my opinion, it was to you guy's advantage... No one will fail you guys deliberately for not buying handouts or textbooks... it will be dictated by the other department...especially when you know what you have written....

If this is really true, I wish someone can boldly come out and accuse the said lecturer...
The probability of doing that is zero because everyone wants to graduate at the right time to avoid victimization... that is their guts.

This is very simple

If the said people are very sure of what they wrote , they should write the senate and demand for there script !

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria What's Up / The Fact About Esut Admission / Uniabuja Diploma Form Almost Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.