Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections (30523 Views)

Edo Assembly Holds First Plenary, Orders Closure Of House’s Bank Accounts / BREAKING: IGP Deploys Four Commissioners Of Police To Ogun For Elections / INEC Appoints Amina Zakari As Head Of Collation Centre For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by kafeii123: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2023

Hopefully going forward, our choices will become better...an Osibanjo-Obi-Kwankwaso contest would have really been a keen contest but this wan we're having now...lets just manage it like that first...
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by sapele914(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
EmekaA125:
Tinubu must be investigated, tried and jailed for drug dealing and other related offences. Senile looking old thief.
Yet the irony is that na your people deal in narcotics pass? Both locally & internationally.

Follow the link and see whether your name sake is involved Mr Emeka.
https://www.nairaland.com/7546079/ndlea-busts-transborder-cartel-five
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by EmekaA125(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
sapele914:
Yet the irony is that na your people deal in narcotics pass? Both locally & internationally.

Follow the link and see whether your name sake is involved Mr Emeka.
https://www.nairaland.com/7546079/ndlea-busts-transborder-cartel-five
They learnt it from Tinubu after introducing them to such illicit business. Jail Tinubu now.
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by TheDirector(m): 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
adecz:

Religious fanatics like you are detached
from the realities of our times.

Everyone that has sense in this country
knows the dangers in our land.

Politicians, military men and well to do
people avoid our roads because of the
clear and present dangers that persist
day and night. Yet they want several
millions of our youth to immediately face
these dangers Just for the sake of voting
to please our politicians.

Corpers have been kidnapped and
sometimes killed when traveling to places of
primary assignment, and in these dangerous
times, over 2 million students are going
to be sent at one time to collectively
face this dangers. All this, coupled with
the inability of Nigerians to get their
money from banks and in face of a terrible
fuel scarcity.

Your are a truly heartless person to think
it's Ok for innocent children to face travel
at this trying times.

Idle People like you are slaves to politicians
who give you pittances to feed & thus
will defend their interests to your miserable
death.

When God gives you sense and you put
your big stomach ahead of your brains,
then your days are numbered.

As a true lazy blackman, you put
everything into fake prayers and fasting
but refuse to take practical steps to solve
glaring problems.❌❌❎❎❌❌

Your sense of reasoning is like a
kindergarten child. Sorry for your mental
predicament.

Honestly, I still don't understand why some of us are like this - too violent. I responded to your comment without an iota of insult. Here you are responding to mine with all sorts of invective against my person (good enough, you don't even know me)... In any case, this is the truth, in case you did not know. Going by your argument, if we keep students back in school during the elections to avoid accidents, kidnappers etc (as you postulated), the question is: Won't they still travel home at the end of the semester, and travel back to school at the start of the next?
If nothing changes, our roads will still remain unsafe whether during elections or after. It is good to let our children go home and contribute to the change process. God bless you friend. CASE CLOSED from my end.
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by funshint(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
I don't think shcools should be mandated to close down. This is not the first time we'll be having elections with schools on sessions. So what happens to Polling units that are located inside Schools; most especially federal institutions?
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by Megabig: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:
My brother, thanks for taking your time to admonish me. The problem is that I don't see a Messiah in any of the four top candidates. I don't want to opt for any lesser evil either. Buhari has taught me not to believe in political Messiahs. I don't think Osinbajo is a Messiah either, but having worked closely with him on a project post-covid, I am convinced he has the intellectual capacity to make a little difference.
Who are you voting for and why?

Note: I typed so fast, some errors can apply here and there…

I won’t be voting this time because I don’t live in Nigeria, I honestly have mobilized people while here and I think I’ve also directed them to the right path and hopefully they make the right choice.
I’ve headed 3 different leadership positions in the past and with my current experience even in those little ways, I can agreed easily that those can also be applied in a broader environment.

Let me quickly access what I believe leadership entails and position the top 4 candidates thus;

A leader should:
1. Be able to Negotiate: In this scenario, I see Obi,Atiku and Kwankwaso probably fitting in. I don’t understand what the like of Tinubu will be discussing when faced with a President like Biden or the Uk Prime minister, what’s exactly will he discuss in terms of climate, economy and co

2. Be able to limit proxies and dig deep to understand: Obi and Kwankwaso falls into the category, both seem like people who want to learn more about every situation,they will employ ministers but can easily ask questions before arriving at decisions,Tinubu and Atiku will have too many proxies,too many representatives and won’t care whatever most of their decisions are and can easily relax and go with anything

3. A leader should allow people protest and debate: People must disagree regardless of how nice your leadership is, how you treat them matters, will you welcome their views, listen to them and dialogue as well? Obi and maybe Kwankwaso falls into this category, Tinubu is pigheaded and Atiku is also very stubborn as well,Atiku seem like he can ask but he comes off as authoritative, in this scenario,Tinubu is worst, it must be his way

4. Who is around your leader: This also is very important,while you govern, you influences your decision? Who will be your ministers and co, Obi in this case seem to have more brilliant people around him,l who are ready to work, I don’t see the other three top candidates maybe Kwankwaso slightly having a lot of brilliance around him too,Atiku and Tinubu have the worst set of people you can imagine.Forget the candidates for a moment and watch those around them,those money hawks all over, Dino could be minister,what exactly does he do? Then look at Tinubu as well, most positions will be distributed to those who help them win elections not minding the skill needed. We honestly don’t need that.

5. A leader should decisive: Here, I see Atiku being too decisive when faced with very difficult situation which would not need any negotiation at all and I believe he has a huge edge in my analysis, Obi and Kwankwaso comes close as well,I don’t see Obi too heavy when it comes to taking very strong decisions,he will likely want to bargain,Tinubu will play politics with such decisions and won’t care what the out will be.

6.A leader should be less corrupt: This is the biggest and I saved it for the last,In my opinion, we can’t compare Obi to other candidates at all, think about this, you were a governor for 8 years, You assigned no land to yourself,assigned none to family and friends, built and revamped the state,saved for the upcoming administration and when you left, you told the state not to pay you a dime because your mission is complete,you only came to serve and you are done,till date,you’ve not been paid anything because you rejected them and you also have asked everyone to find anywhere they could that you embezzled or mismanaged the state fund and till date,no single person could bring a thing,the current governor of your state is sitting on top of the books and could easily fish out something but he can’t, what does that tell you? This Obi is honest, I don’t think I’ll ever ask not to be paid pensions for serving a state,I won’t do so.
People spoke of pandora papaers and he told them to go there and check if he ever place a dime in there while he was governor,he said he folded his business and placed it in a thrust after he became governor and that was listen in pandora papers,he has asked people to go search and if they could see 3 percent of the money they are speaking about,they should confiscate it. Till date, the heavy weight politicians can find anything.
Should we discuss corruption with Tinubu and Atiku? Even Kwankwaso have one of the most inflated budgets while he was governor and left a large debt while leaving office. Obi left none, it is actually an insult to compare Obi with these top 3 in terms of corruption..

Finally, we don’t actually elect our leaders, delegates do because we can only pick from what they have presented to us, we have top 4 candidates and I believe Obi is the cokes close in terms of health, knowledge, leadership, making appointments, being empathetic, negotiating and not playing with the lives of Nigerians. He is also extremely accessible.

Remember, Igbo’s hate their politicians, they hate embarrassment and I can clearly see their huge support for Obi due to the believe they have on him,they already knew he won’t embarrass them.

Let’s Vote Obi,let’s give that dude a chance.

We can’t compare him with these top candidates, this is my honest opinion and I welcome any sort of accusation or counter complaints as well.

Thank you bro
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by naijainstinct: 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
Megabig:

Note: I typed so fast, some errors can apply here and there…

I won’t be voting this time because I don’t live in Nigeria, I honestly have mobilized people while here and I think I’ve also directed them to the right path and hopefully they make the right choice.
I’ve headed 3 different leadership positions in the past and with my current experience even in those little ways, I can agreed easily that those can also be applied in a broader environment.

Let me quickly access what I believe leadership entails and position the top 4 candidates thus;

A leader should:
1. Be able to Negotiate: In this scenario, I see Obi,Atiku and Kwankwaso probably fitting in. I don’t understand what the like of Tinubu will be discussing when faced with a President like Biden or the Uk Prime minister, what’s exactly will he discuss in terms of climate, economy and co

2. Be able to limit proxies and dig deep to understand: Obi and Kwankwaso falls into the category, both seem like people who want to learn more about every situation,they will employ ministers but can easily ask questions before arriving at decisions,Tinubu and Atiku will have too many proxies,too many representatives and won’t care whatever most of their decisions are and can easily relax and go with anything

3. A leader should allow people protest and debate: People must disagree regardless of how nice your leadership is, how you treat them matters, will you welcome their views, listen to them and dialogue as well? Obi and maybe Kwankwaso falls into this category, Tinubu is pigheaded and Atiku is also very stubborn as well,Atiku seem like he can ask but he comes off as authoritative, in this scenario,Tinubu is worst, it must be his way

4. Who is around your leader: This also is very important,while you govern, you influences your decision? Who will be your ministers and co, Obi in this case seem to have more brilliant people around him,l who are ready to work, I don’t see the other three top candidates maybe Kwankwaso slightly having a lot of brilliance around him too,Atiku and Tinubu have the worst set of people you can imagine.Forget the candidates for a moment and watch those around them,those money hawks all over, Dino could be minister,what exactly does he do? Then look at Tinubu as well, most positions will be distributed to those who help them win elections not minding the skill needed. We honestly don’t need that.

5. A leader should decisive: Here, I see Atiku being too decisive when faced with very difficult situation which would not need any negotiation at all and I believe he has a huge edge in my analysis, Obi and Kwankwaso comes close as well,I don’t see Obi too heavy when it comes to taking very strong decisions,he will likely want to bargain,Tinubu will play politics with such decisions and won’t care what the out will be.

6.A leader should be less corrupt: This is the biggest and I saved it for the last,In my opinion, we can’t compare Obi to other candidates at all, think about this, you were a governor for 8 years, You assigned no land to yourself,assigned none to family and friends, built and revamped the state,saved for the upcoming administration and when you left, you told the state not to pay you a dime because your mission is complete,you only came to serve and you are done,till date,you’ve not been paid anything because you rejected them and you also have asked everyone to find anywhere they could that you embezzled or mismanaged the state fund and till date,no single person could bring a thing,the current governor of your state is sitting on top of the books and could easily fish out something but he can’t, what does that tell you? This Obi is honest, I don’t think I’ll ever ask not to be paid pensions for serving a state,I won’t do so.
People spoke of pandora papaers and he told them to go there and check if he ever place a dime in there while he was governor,he said he folded his business and placed it in a thrust after he became governor and that was listen in pandora papers,he has asked people to go search and if they could see 3 percent of the money they are speaking about,they should confiscate it. Till date, the heavy weight politicians can find anything.
Should we discuss corruption with Tinubu and Atiku? Even Kwankwaso have one of the most inflated budgets while he was governor and left a large debt while leaving office. Obi left none, it is actually an insult to compare Obi with these top 3 in terms of corruption..

Finally, we don’t actually elect our leaders, delegates do because we can only pick from what they have presented to us, we have top 4 candidates and I believe Obi is the cokes close in terms of health, knowledge, leadership, making appointments, being empathetic, negotiating and not playing with the lives of Nigerians. He is also extremely accessible.

Remember, Igbo’s hate their politicians, they hate embarrassment and I can clearly see their huge support for Obi due to the believe they have on him,they already knew he won’t embarrass them.

Let’s Vote Obi,let’s give that dude a chance.

We can’t compare him with these top candidates, this is my honest opinion and I welcome any sort of accusation or counter complaints as well.

Thank you bro
Based on this in-depth, well articulated and objective analysis of yours, I cannot argue. Believe me, I am right here smiling at my phone screen because I just read an intelligent conversation. I wish we could have more of this depth of conversation across the country, people will be able to make wise decisions void of ethnic or religious bias (just like your post).

These are the kind of engagements I love to see on Nairaland. Thanks for the intellectual conversation and enlightenment once more. I might just reconsider my earlier stance. Cheers brother!
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by Megabig: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:
Based on this in-depth, well articulated and objective analysis of yours, I cannot argue. Believe me, I am right here smiling at my phone screen because I just read an intelligent conversation. I wish we could have more of this depth of conversation across the country, people will be able to make wise decisions void of ethnic or religious bias (just like your post).

These are the kind of engagements I love to see on Nairaland. Thanks for the intellectual conversation and enlightenment once more. I might just reconsider my earlier stance. Cheers brother!

No problems , at the end of the day, whoever wins will lead everyone of us that’s why it’s just scary, I hope we at least get a good election and not have people suffer us for no reason

1 Like

Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by gudugudumeje: 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
SO Nigerian UNIVERSITIES NA Secondary schools now under NUC? What a sad end of university education and the once highly exalted university system and teachers in Nigeria......
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2023
Dialpad:
Nice one .... vote wisely ..
Ok what about the polytechnic and colleges of education the federal government did not order closure of those schools for election... won't students in those schools vote
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 10:57am On Feb 10, 2023
DesChyko:
Obi Datti 2023.. We move!

Nigerian Students have insured their futures
.... what the polytechnic and colleges of education the federal government did not order closure of those schools won't students in those schools vote during election
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 10:58am On Feb 10, 2023
And what about the polytechnic and colleges of education the federal government did not order closure of those schools won't students in those schools vote during election
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2023
elooma:
Good one.
... what about the polytechnic and colleges of education why did the federal government not order does school to be closed for the students to participate in the election
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2023
Olastep:
Great development
... what about polytechnic and colleges of education
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2023
christejames:
This is great news ☺... Commendable effort from NUC.

ObiDatti 🧚‍♂️ to the rescue 😘

..is it only university... what about polytechnic and colleges of education
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2023
Nbote:
Fair enough. Majority of the newly registered voters are students who were home due to the ASUU strike
..is it only university... what about polytechnic and colleges of education the federal government did not order for those schools to be closed for students there to participate in the election
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2023
tolumizzy:
It's our right to vote....and we are going for the best man
...and what about polytechnic and colleges of education students
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 11:04am On Feb 10, 2023
bobjob:
Good news. We are getting there.
Vote wisely.
..ok and what about polytechnic and colleges of education students ?
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by Nbote(m): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
ufotunang:
..is it only university... what about polytechnic and colleges of education the federal government did not order for those schools to be closed for students there to participate in the election

U should note that NUC overseas both polytechnic, universities and colleges of education
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by ufotunang: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nbote:

U should note that NUC overseas both polytechnic, universities and colleges of education
...NUC means national University commission and they only mentioned universities in this news but did not mention polytechnic and colleges of education
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by christejames(m): 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
ufotunang:
..is it only university... what about polytechnic and colleges of education

The body incharge of those institutions will also give directives soon...
Re: NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections by KalakutaRepub: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Midehi3:
What if the election is postponed
Students will stay at home until they vote. If they could stay at home for months because of lecturers money matter this one na walk over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Reveals Primaries Method For Kogi 2019 Governorship Election / Bill Clinton Bowing Down For Obama [PIC] / EFCC Seals Theodore Orji's Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.