Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops (6524 Views)

Tinubu Waves At His Supporters At Eagles Square, Abuja (Video)) / Knocks As Maina Smiles, Waves At Associates After Jail Sentence - Photos / APC Rejected In The South East As PMB Enugu Campaign Rally Flops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by ayukdaboss(m): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
Aiel123:

I didn't argue about this, bro. Though some of the seats had occupants.
Did you call Katsina rally a flop,I mean APC own? If not why are you portraying this as a flop?
Are you an Atiku supporter? That’s embarrassing
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
Melezenawii:
Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium in Kano as Presidential Rally Flops

Cars and flags occupied space

Abeg rest. This is still better than APC's Katsina campaign even with a sitting president in attendance. You get topics like this when a party's candidate lacks substance so the people marketing them have to focus on frivolities
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Parachoko: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
xpressionx:
Is doesn't change the fact that no one can inherit Kano votes alone
Yes, nobody can get the kind of votes Buhari got there in 2015, especially now that there's BVAS.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Melezenawii: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
DarkPheonix:

Be doing mumu estimation there, if Tinubu win Atiku in the north let me turn bula ba bala Blu cheesy

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Aiel123: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayukdaboss:

Are you an Atiku supporter? That’s embarrassing
Yes oo
I am.
Embarrassing? No. The people I see on the ground level is crowd for me.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by ayukdaboss(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Aiel123:
Yes oo
I am.
Embarrassing? No. The people I see on the ground level is crowd for me.
What are you supporting about Atiku?
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
asanausana91:
how? Mr man. Elrufai stupidly insulted the northern elders because of Tinubu and I promise you that he will pay for it.
The elders, the religious leaders, and the ex generals determine the voting pattern of the north.
Infact if you want to know more how the north will vote,pls go and watch liberty television especially from 10pm to midnight.
Maybe cause el rufai doesn't believe that atiku can create the economic development that tinubu can create. I wouldn't be surprised if many northerners think the same. Im sorry but i just don't see what atiku has to offer compared to tinubu other than being a northerner.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by asanausana91: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
ogunprince18:

Maybe cause el rufai doesn't believe that atiku can create the economic development that tinubu can create. I wouldn't be surprised if many northerners think the same. Im sorry but i just don't see what atiku has to offer compared to tinubu other than being a northerner.
considering a man that licked microphone as the best thing to happen to Nigeria is an insult.
Say the truth pls, can Tinubu be able to remember what he ate in the morning if he is asked in the evening?
How are you going to defend Tinubu if Ghanian tell you that your president didn't go to primary or secondary school?
Can you please mention the businessess that gives Tinubu the billions in his custody?
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Aiel123: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayukdaboss:

What are you supporting about Atiku?
One of Atiku policy is restructuring.
Devolution of power and giving more powers to states on terms of resource control.
As one from the Niger Delta, this is what we want.
Also Atiku is experienced

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by ebufa: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
QuotaSystem:
Atiku has never been a popular northern politician but we aren’t ready for that conversation yet.

By my estimation, Tinubu will win Atiku in the North.

you forget kwakwanso
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by LordAdam16: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
LegendHero:

I assume the reason why Northerner don’t collectively rate Atiku was because he doesn’t give that pro-North vibe and most of his comrades are not from the North.

Buhari and Kwakwanso give more pro-North vibes and they appeal more to the masses with their simple outlook to life.

Here's the simple answer:

Atiku is not a sectarian politician. He is cosmopolitan.

Buhari and Kwankwanso are sectarian politicians.

Atiku has national appeal. Buhari and Kwankwaso do not. Which is why Tinubu was so valuable in 2015. He conferred on Buhari the cloak of acceptance by disgruntled Southerners, which was enough to give the election results legitimacy even though they were rigged.

A repeat occurred in 2019. Kwankwaso will lose serially in the general elections like Buhari pre-2015 if he does not gain appeal in one of the Southern blocs.

Atiku is unlucky that Tinubu is contesting and has the backing of at least 50% of the Northern heavyweights. I'm of the opinion that he deserves to lose if he cannot convince his fellow Northerners to pick him over Tinubu.

The North is not ready to give most of their votes to a cosmopolitan Northerner just yet. The likes of Atiku, Ribadu, and Saraki will always lose out to the likes of Buhari, Kwankwaso, and el-Rufai.

It is this way because the North subconsciously believes that hard line politicos are best able to keep the formidable rival interests from the SW, SE, and the budding ND at bay. OBJ gave them a taste. Jonathan scared them. They're backing Tinubu because they have him on a leash: Whenever they pull their support, he is done politically. If Atiku gets in, he would not need them for a second term, and he would be more sympathetic to Southern concerns than any front-line Northern politico (which threatens the North's supremacy).

-Lord

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Siwisheswereesh: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by 9gerian: 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Well said!

LegendHero:

I assume the reason why Northerner don’t collectively rate Atiku was because he doesn’t give that pro-North vibe and most of his comrades are not from the North.

Buhari and Kwakwanso give more pro-North vibes and they appeal more to the masses with their simple outlook to life.

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by 9gerian: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
You gerrit largely.

LordAdam16:

Here's the simple answer:

Atiku is not a sectarian politician. He is cosmopolitan.

Buhari and Kwankwanso are sectarian politicians.

Atiku has national appeal. Buhari and Kwankwaso do not. Which is why Tinubu was so valuable in 2015. He conferred on Buhari the cloak of acceptance by disgruntled Southerners, which was enough to give the election results legitimacy even though they were rigged.

A repeat occurred in 2019. Kwankwaso will lose serially in the general elections like Buhari pre-2015 if he does not gain appeal in one of the Southern blocs.

Atiku is unlucky that Tinubu is contesting and has the backing of at least 50% of the Northern heavyweights. I'm of the opinion that he deserves to lose if he cannot convince his fellow Northerners to pick him over Tinubu.

The North is not ready to give most of their votes to a cosmopolitan Northerner just yet. The likes of Atiku, Ribadu, and Saraki will always lose out to the likes of Buhari, Kwankwaso, and el-Rufai.

It is this way because the North subconsciously believes that hard line politicos are best able to keep the formidable rival interests from the SW, SE, and the budding ND at bay. OBJ gave them a taste. Jonathan scared them. They're backing Tinubu because they have him on a leash: Whenever they pull their support, he is done politically. If Atiku gets in, he would not need them for a second term, and he would be more sympathetic to Southern concerns than any front-line Northern politico (which threatens the North's supremacy).

-Lord
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Indispensable85(m): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
asanausana91:
The foolishness about Tinubu supporters is that they don't want to talk about Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kaduna.
Check history, Atiku has never won Kano, but the whole North is for Atiku.

Which other north west state has he won before? Mugu!
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Indispensable85(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
Atiku won't see 25perc in Kano.
Kano is strictly between Tinubu and kwankwanso

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by QuotaSystem: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
ebufa:

you forget kwakwanso

His influence isn’t beyond Kano where he’ll even be third runner up.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by ayukdaboss(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Aiel123:

Devolution of power and giving more powers to states on terms of resource control.
Lol it’s very funny seeing someone write this for me lol

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by drlateef: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
Melezenawii:

The whole stadium seats are empty

To be honest, this is not up to half of Tinubu crowd.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Aiel123: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayukdaboss:

Okay.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by LordAdam16: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
ayukdaboss:

Between Tinubu and OBJ, who is better for Yoruba or SW interest?

So why is it funny that a Niger Deltan is telling you Atiku is better for his region's interests?

Or should he vote for Tinubu who has staked his political ambition on NW votes?

The only regions that have anything to gain from a Tinubu presidency are the SW and NW. Tinubu has not concealed his desire to adopt Buhari's MO in this regard.

Most of us who are politically-astute in the SS are not pleased with Obi. He'd siphon Atiku's votes. Tinubu will win. Both regions--SE and SS--will lose out. It'll be 16 good years without representation in the center.

But you'll not see us make a fuss about it. Because after Tinubu returns power to the North, the SS will get it next (VP under the North + President after the North). And as long as we're getting our Derivation + allocation to our Ministry, we can manage the next 8 yrs. It is the downside of being tethered politically to the SE. When they make neophyte errors, we have to help them manage the consequences. And when we gain, we have to carry them along.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Melezenawii: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Indispensable85:

Which other north west state has he won before? Mugu!
Even North East, he has never won Borno, Yobe and Bauchi

1 Like

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Flathead8: 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bro, I'm from Zamfara, Atiku can't win here. Kebbi, Zamfara and Jigawa will be won by Tinubu
asanausana91:
The foolishness about Tinubu supporters is that they don't want to talk about Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kaduna.
Check history, Atiku has never won Kano, but the whole North is for Atiku.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Flathead8: 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lol your still a small boy and don't know how politics is conducted and won. Those on liberty TV, BBC hausa, Arewa TV, Social media etc are all from urban areas that only account for approximately 30%!! Rural areas is where elections are won and lost, any party that controls the area usualy win!!

Those in rural areas are not on tv or social media making noise!
asanausana91:
how? Mr man. Elrufai stupidly insulted the northern elders because of Tinubu and I promise you that he will pay for it.
The elders, the religious leaders, and the ex generals determine the voting pattern of the north.
Infact if you want to know more how the north will vote,pls go and watch liberty television especially from 10pm to midnight.
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Flathead8: 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lol BVAS doesn't stop rigging bro, it only detects number of accredited voters
Parachoko:
Yes, nobody can get the kind of votes Buhari got there in 2015, especially now that there's BVAS.

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Flathead8: 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lol you mean Atiku told you what u wanted to hear
Aiel123:

Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Parachoko: 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Flathead8:
Lol BVAS doesn't stop rigging bro, it only detects number of accredited voters
It will stop over voting

No candidate can get the kind of vote Buhari got in 2015 in Kano in the 2023 Presidential Election.

The total number of voters in the 2023 Presidential Election will likely not be up to that of 2019 sef
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by chiefolododo(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Atiku that is Dubai based

I believe that his minsters will come from Dubai if elected
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Scottmairi: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
[quote author=Aiel123 post=120766593]
I don't get you.
And I'm not Igbo. [/quote

Lol .you won't understand]
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by Urchinpainer: 12:04am On Feb 10, 2023
Melezenawii:
Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium in Kano as Presidential Rally Flops

Cars and flags occupied space

This goes a long way to prove that this CBN policy is really affecting them.

Renting of fake crowds no longer possible!
Re: Atiku Waves at Empty Stadium In Kano As Presidential Rally Flops by asanausana91: 11:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Flathead8:
Lol your still a small boy and don't know how politics is conducted and won. Those on liberty TV, BBC hausa, Arewa TV, Social media etc are all from urban areas that only account for approximately 30%!! Rural areas is where elections are won and lost, any party that controls the area usualy win!!

Those in rural areas are not on tv or social media making noise!
I am in the town but I swear I know how many wards I am controlling in the village.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu's Certificate Saga: Nigerians Are Burning Linkedin Right Now (Pics) / Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up / Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.