Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience (2099 Views)

Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / Mtn Latest Data Offer For 2019: 1gb For N200, 4gb For N1000 / Airtel Latest Free Browsing Cheats/tricks 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Antiochus(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
4 days ago I got this message from Airtel about a new special data that allows you to get 2GB for N200 1hr browsing. I decided to sub for it today and to my surprise my browsing was not going. Whenever I launched my browser to visit a wesite I only got Airtel/facebook free basic page telling me I am out of data. I decided to call the call center to explain they told me they would check my line and after the check I was told to switch off my phone and On it again that the data will start going o.

I did that but it was the same. As I was racing against time just to use this 1hr data I called the call centre again I was told the same thing and I replied that was what they told me the first time but they assured me It would work this time so I decided to switch off and On again as instructed it was still the same.

I called the third time but this time when they discovered it was me again they cut the call. I just smiled and moved on. If you get same message just ignore it cause this is just a scam I am happy it's not more than 200 infact I am afraid to sub to any of their plans.

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Janesouthall: 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Scammer scam scammer!!

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by duro4chang(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Airtel na scam. Their data plan na real scam

10 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Antiochus(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Janesouthall:
Scammer scam scammer!!

What do you mean? So it's a crime to subscribe to a data plan my network provider told me it's part of their plan.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Janesouthall: 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
Antiochus:

What do you mean? So it's a crime to subscribe to a data plan my network provider told me it's part of their plan.

It's a slang....meaning it too good to be true but got disappointed in the end...

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Antiochus(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
Janesouthall:

It's a slang....meaning it too good to be true but got disappointed in the end...

Lol grin grin.. I understand you now. But why would they do that. This is dirty scam.
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by 23jerryking(m): 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
duro4chang:
Airtel na scam. Their data plan na real scam
Yes na. you'll subscribe for 1.5 GB data, download something of 800 mb and your data is finished. Even Data usage stats on the phone would calculate the 800 and something MB but your 1.5 GB data plan has finished. Just how?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Felicox(m): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mine it is 9mobile that will not stop subscribing things on my line. I've had to abandon the line for some time now, but once I load they will just take the money immediately it drops.
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by ipobarecriminals: 3:25am On Feb 10, 2023
sad Corporate THIEVES

3 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by duro4chang(m): 6:16am On Feb 10, 2023
23jerryking:
Yes na. you'll subscribe for 1.5 GB data, download something of 800 mb and your data is finished. Even Data usage stats on the phone would calculate the 800 and something MB but your 1.5 GB data plan has finished. Just how?
It is always like that. You have 250MB and you want to download a file of 80MB before you know it the data has finished when the file is still downloading. You discover that the so called 250 MB us not up 50MB

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by 23jerryking(m): 6:30am On Feb 10, 2023
duro4chang:
It is always like that. You have 250MB and you want to download a file of 80MB before you know it the data has finished when the file is still downloading. You discover that the so called 250 MB us not up 50MB
Exactly, and how these guys are allowed to operate in Nigeria still baffles me. Stupid network

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by LandMann: 8:26am On Feb 10, 2023
When using any network, if you notice you're unable to browse despite having a subscription plan, check your internet settings first. Check and make sure you don't have IP address and port number and password in the internet settings of the network you are using. If these things are there, delete them and leave only the APN, access point name.

Your internet connection should work fine once you save the settings and restart your browser

See below screenshot for explanation

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Antiochus(m): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2023
LandMann:
When using any network, if you notice you're unable to browse despite having a subscription plan, check your internet settings first. Check and make sure you don't have IP address and port number and password in the internet settings of the network you are using. If these things are there, delete them and leave only the APN, access point name.

Your internet connection should work fine once you save the settings and restart your browser

See below screenshot for explanation

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection I am using the free Opera Zero data to type this reply on my Airtel line. But I couldn't use the said 2GB/N200 data when I subscribed. Airtel is just a thief. You can subscribe to it and let us see if your testimony will be different.
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by IamDietiesGod: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
That's those modaf**ka modus operandi. That was how I also subscried for 500 mb night subscription yesterday but I was able to download only 50 mb files on WhatsApp messenger. After that, browsing stop going.
I was not surprise though. I have experienced that, countless times in the past when using their network but I thought those idiots have changed hence...

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Darkseid(m): 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Antiochus:

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection I am using the free Opera Zero data to type this reply on my Airtel line. But I couldn't use the said 2GB/N200 data when I subscribed. Airtel is just a thief. You can subscribe to it and let us see if your testimony will be different.
I don't know why but most times after subscribing an Airtel line, it won't browse until you restart your phone. It happens to me all the time, especially when there wasn't any data left on the SIM
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by sylvoclair1990: 1:58am On Feb 11, 2023
Antiochus:

where can i download this Airtel free opera zero?
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by Antiochus(m): 11:07am On Feb 11, 2023
sylvoclair1990:
where can i download this Airtel free opera zero?

Just download Opera browser from playstore and start surfing freely with it it works on MTN and Airtel.
Re: Airtel's Latest Data Plan Is Just A Scam, beware. My Experience by jojothaiv(m): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
I'm glad people are coming out now, Airtel is stupidly stupid while the other networks are nowhere better either.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any Interesting Apps On Your Phone That You Think We Need To Have / Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria / Tecno W4 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.