Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. (608 Views)

Naira Woes: APC Is The Problem Of Nigeria / School Abductions: Abdullahi Mohammed Says People Don't Want Education For North / Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
The suffering on helpless masses has compounded in recent weeks/months with the persistent fuel scarcity and Naira scarcity/woes. I will make things short and straight to points.

1. Malami and Emefiele are both working for Atiku... Emefiele tried to contest for the APC presidential primary then with the backing of Malami and other cabals. When the plot failed to materialize, they had to save face, joined the Atiku camp after striking a bumper deal with him.

2. The battle for north is just at play. The party that outspends the other on the election day in the north stands a huge chance of winning the north. Atiku knows that Tinubu has the backing of many northern governors which translates to a strong financial muscle for APC in the core north. Forget whatever they tell you. Both PDP and APC want to influence the election with money.

4. Malami is very useful to the course of Atiku as the president most times listen to him and respect his views... Remember that they have been trusted friends for several years/decades.
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
5. Atiku is now playing his last cards before the election. Already using his cronies at NNPCL to materialize/orchestrate a sustainable man made fuel scarcity untill after the elections. Atiku also used both Emefiele and Malami to influence the president in believing that politicians have stashed several billions of cash for vote buying and tabled the currency swapping as the only way to stop them.

They backed up their points with the claim that the astronomical spending of the politicians during the last primary elections triggered the recent rise in Naira to $ exchange rate (I would be surprised if this was not also part of their initial master game plan and their own doings)

Buhari that met Naira trading @2XX to $ fearfully granted their request as he is scared to take any risk that could trigger any further rise in Naira to $ exchange rate before the expiration of his tenure.

6. Atiku's plan is simple. Change the Naira notes at short notice close to the election, take/receive several billions of the new Naira notes via Emefiele, starve or limit APC of the new Naira notes, and then outspend them in the north.. He also believes that the chaos created from the poor implementation would also cause APC to loose several votes from south as people would generally blame APC for the hardship..

7. APC after discovering the politics at play, quickly started taking steps to thwart the opposition plan.

They first used DSS to threaten Emefiele with corruption/terrorism claims inorder to remove him or make him to back down on the currency plan but the plan failed as Emefiele has the backing of the presidency.
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Politics is a game and the best gamer wins. Save yourself the stress of writing epistles.
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
8. APC then moved on to using Gbajabiamila's NASS to force Emefiele's hands in backing down. That also did not yield any result as the Emefiele's presidency backing is really strong.

9. APC proceeded to using their governors to persuade Buhari in stopping the plan. Burahi only extended the swapping deadline by 10 additional days but did not back down on the currency swapping goal.

As the CBN poorly implemented the currency changing process which has compounded the suffering of the poor masses, APC took advantage of that by laying their tents with the masses and using that as a pretext to further put pressure on both the federal government and CBN to extend the swapping deadline beyond the elections' days. They are doing this together with their social media army.

10. With the PDP knowing that APC would result to using a court order to stop the CBN/Federal government, they quickly went first to secure a court order, mandating the CBN not to extend the swapping date any further beyond Feb 10.

11. APC after looking at the dynamics of things, decided to directly ask the appellate (supreme) court to stop the Federal government (in disguise for CBN) from implementing the Feb 10 deadline with the pretext that the poor untimely implementation has caused rues between the federal government and states, caused untold hardship on the masses that could degenerate to anarchy.

Supreme court granted this request but Mr. Malami and CBN said the appellate court has no jurisdiction right to directly entertain the case. They said it is an abuse of court process as it is under the jurisdiction of the Federal high court to first hear the case.

Who is right and wrong between Mr. Malami/CBN and supreme court? Only time will reveal that soon.

Who do you think will win this battle that placed the masses as victims?.

Written by Tunde Joda....
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by adioolayi(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
The more you look, the less you see...

That's Nigeria's politics..

It's not for the light weighted politicians...

Simply the survival of the fittest.

As for the Supreme Court/CBN....CBN will obey the court injunction gotten by APC Governors..

The next is for the Supreme Court to determine whether they have jurisdiction..with the look of things, I think Supreme Court may not have jurisdiction, BUT before this is determined, Old notes will be in circulation till election and after election. APC Governors will succeed in buying the much needed time..

Atiku or Tinubu...

Time will tell.

NB: Don't ask me about any other candidates, because, I don't see them in the equation from inception..till date, nothing has changed in my own permutations

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
adioolayi:

As for the Supreme Court/CBN....CBN will obey the court injunction gotten by APC Governors..

The next is for the Supreme Court to determine whether they have jurisdiction..with the look of things, I think Supreme Court may not have jurisdiction, BUT before this is determined, Old notes will be in circulation till election and after election. APC Governors will succeed in buying the much needed time..

Atiku or Tinubu...

Time will tell.

NB: Don't ask me about any other candidates, because, I don't see them in the equation from inception..till date, nothing has changed in my own permutations

Correct. I also believe that the supreme court is working in favour of APC this time around to thwart the PDP's well orchestrated plans.... Big leg things as it is even a Yoruba man heading it now.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
tunde4top:
The suffering on helpless masses has compounded in recent weeks/months with the persistent fuel scarcity and Naira scarcity/woes. I will make things short and straight to points.

1. Malami and Emefiele are both working for Atiku... Emefiele tried to contest for the APC presidential primary then with the backing of Malami and other cabals. When the plot failed to materialize, they had to save face, joined the Atiku camp after striking a bumper deal with him.

2. The battle for north is just at play. The party that outspends the other on the election day in the north stands a huge chance of winning the north. Atiku knows that Tinubu has the backing of many northern governors which translates to a strong financial muscle for APC in the core north. Forget whatever they tell you. Both PDP and APC want to influence the election with money.

4. Malami is very useful to the course of Atiku as the president most times listen to him and respect his views... Remember that they have been trusted friends for several years/decades.

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by Pierced(f): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Any old notes u av......pls go and deposit it at the bank tomorrow.

Don't listen to El-rufai and political jobbers on nairaland.

I am into business.....and I will stop collecting old notes tomorrow..... I am sure it is going to be the same for lots of business people too.

If u come to my shop...... it's either you are transferring or you are giving me new notes.

Pls...... ignore supreme court judgement for your own sanity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by ganisucks(f): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
tunde4top:

In your mind, Atiku: who was useless in the past 7 years, is all of a sudden a political juggernaut. You don't know anything.
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by tunde4top(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Pierced:
Any old notes u av......pls go and deposit it at the bank tomorrow.

Don't listen to El-rufai and political jobbers on nairaland.

I am into business.....and I will stop collecting old notes tomorrow..... I am sure it is going to be the same for lots of business people too.

If u come to my shop...... it's either you are transferring or you are giving me new notes.

Pls...... ignore supreme court judgement for your own sanity.

I highly doubt the CBN would go ahead to implement the Feb 10 deadline...

1 Like

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by rayvelez(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Another urchin with long epistle nah what they share on there mandate group...
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by Pierced(f): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
tunde4top:

I highly doubt the CBN would go ahead to implement the Feb 10 deadline...

If they won't implement......they would av released a statement.
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by leokid866: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Pierced:

If they won't implement......they would av released a statement.
lol like say no be Sunday dem do the last extention.....
Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by Jogs1900: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
adioolayi:

Atiku or Tinubu...

Time will tell.

I love your position..Now, Feb 15th will be to determine jurisdiction after that adjournment.Dont forget the CBN governor said after February 10, commercial banks will stop collecting the old notes but CBN will accept it...The implication is that people will still continue to spend the old notes but won't take it to the bank.The economy suffers..Look at it, For IMF and World bank asking for suspension,the policy is obviously hurting our economy.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For North: My Personal Opinion On The Naira Woes Across The Country. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
Stale propaganda.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Go To The Market And Meet With Traders For Campaign – Peter Obi / "We Are Working Tirelessly To Ensure Asiwaju Tinubu's Victory- El Rufai / What Fela Durotoye Had To Say About Peter Obi 5 Years Ago (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.