Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. (878 Views)

Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Old Naira Notes Deadline: President Buhari Calls For Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by muykem: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
If CBN carries out their threat that old notes will cease to be legal tender after tomorrow 10th of February. Nigerian will wake up on Monday 13th of February to their greatest surprise ever as 90% branches of commercial banks will not open to customers again until further notice.

3 Likes

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by ubest1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
Oga the old note end 12 midnight tonight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by muykem: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
ubest1:
That's your own interpretation

2 Likes

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Madridstar(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2023
muykem:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by ganisucks(f): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Madridstar:
đź“Ż
If you're not from Kogi, Zamfara or Kaduna; then you are on your own. The other 33 states have moved on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by backnbeta(f): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
muykem:
If CBN carries out their threat that old notes will cease to be legal tender after tomorrow 10th of February. Nigerian will wake up on Monday 13th of February to their greatest surprise ever as 90% branches of commercial banks will not open to customers again until further notice.
Most likely... they'll just be loading the ATMs with a few thousands for the early birds and those who have time to queue. People like us will rely on POS agents and friends with access to cash to get new notes undecided
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Madridstar(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
ganisucks:

If you're not from Kogi, Zamfara or Kaduna; then you are on your own. The other 33 states have moved on.
they cap rubbish. Look at the dead states you are calling. No money on ground

2 Likes

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by ganisucks(f): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
Madridstar:
they cap rubbish. Look at the dead states you are calling. No money on ground
Goodluck to you finding anyone who will accept the old notes. Videos of people rejecting the old notes, and CBN silence will do the do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Jogs1900: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
ganisucks:

So you didn't know that Tambuwal an opposition governor and the chairman of governors forum wrote a letter to the president to shift the deadline.
Meanwhile Rivers state a PDP state has asked to be joined as plaintiff in the suit.

2 Likes

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Madridstar(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
ganisucks:

Goodluck to you finding anyone who will accept the old notes. Videos of people rejecting the old notes, and CBN silence will do the do.
facts. We still using both the new and old currency. Wont die if I have few old currency left. We move.

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by ganisucks(f): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Madridstar:
facts. We still using both the new and old currency. Wont die if I have few old currency left. We move.
As I said, Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Madridstar(m): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
ganisucks:

As I said, Goodluck.
Jonathan
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Godwin4444: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
ganisucks:

guy u don’t know anything

For Ibadan here people dey beg filling stations for old notes self, virtually all banks aren’t dispensing in Ibadan n filling stations no dey collect transfer

Many of u don’t really understand d situation on ground, as of now I have 2300 with me n I need money to get some things n many won’t accept transfer…..right now many people in Ibadan will beg to have d old note n u are talking like this

Guy where will d new notes suddenly come from tomorrow?
Is it from heaven or d 2k per day that banks are giving people?
In Ibadan here I learnt filling stations are selling old notes at 10k for 100k to Pos agents so u can know how far

The policy will not work here
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by kcnwaigbo: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
Godwin4444:

For Ibadan here people dey beg filling stations for old notes self, virtually all banks aren’t dispensing in Ibadan n filling stations no dey collect transfer

Many of u don’t really understand d situation on ground, as of now I have 2300 with me n I need money to get some things n many won’t accept transfer…..right now many people in Ibadan will beg to have d old note n u are talking like this

In Ibadan here I learnt filling stations are selling old notes at 10k for 100k to Pos agents so u can know how far

When better hunger deals with them,they will definitely start accepting transfer.Over 95% of my expenses in the last week has been through transfer.

3 Likes

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by muykem: 7:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
Godwin4444:

They know but political sentiment has blindfolded them. CBN by their own report said 60m Nigerian do not have bank account. How will those people do transfer?
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Godwin4444: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

When better hunger deals with them,they will definitely start accepting transfer.Over 95% of my expenses in the last week has been through transfer.
guy gastab filling station n arishab filling station made it clear to me today that they don’t take transfer

D most annoying part of it was that I went to hexagon to buy rice n d same people who collect transfer even before this time told me they don’t take transfer

The lady told me to visit d nearest Pos, see ehn there are many loopholes in this policy n people are using it

Imagine Pos charging 2k for 10k even for old note
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by kcnwaigbo: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
Godwin4444:
guy gastab filling station n arishab filling station made it clear to me today that they don’t take transfer

D most annoying part of it was that I went to hexagon to buy rice n d same people who collect transfer even before this time told me they don’t take transfer

The lady told me to visit d nearest Pos, see ehn there are many loopholes in this policy n people are using it

Imagine Pos charging 2k for 10k even for old note
We are doing e-payment in Lagos without stress.I even paid for sachet water this evening through transfer

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by kcnwaigbo: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
On Saturday I went to market bought stuffs and paid through transfer to local market women.Ibadan people should make life easier for themselves abwg

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Godwin4444: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
muykem:
They know but political sentiment has blindfolded them. CBN by their own report said 60m Nigerian do not have bank account. How will those people do transfer?
God bless u

The way many people talk on social media makes me wonder if they go out at all, what they always say is different from d reality

Imagine filling stations telling us they don’t take transfer n it’s simply cos they want cash they will sell to Pos

Same with eateries telling us they no longer take transfer, n many Nigerians not having bank account

It’s frustrating out there but many people on social media don’t know what is happening

Imagine entering d bank n they tell u they can only give u 2k, imagine ordinary 2k n once u don finish d 2k that’s all for d day
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by Mrkindness: 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
ubest1:
it's 12 midnight Friday the 10th February.

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by muykem: 12:46am On Feb 10, 2023
ubest1:
FG has complied with supreme Court order. Superior argument has prevailed.
Re: Old Notes Deadline And What Nigeria Should Expect. by emmanuelbrown26: 2:15am On Feb 10, 2023
muykem:
time is up. u can help d bastard urchins with their own old naira notes. Abi una no no CBN section 2 act 17 again?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Lack Capacity To Print Enough New Naira Notes" ~~CBN Governor / Peter Obi: APC Fake Church Letter And Other Propagandas Bursted / If Dem Born You Well, Enforce Sit At Home On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.