Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (103090 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by AlphaMaximus(m): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Others should share their experience from the interview conducted today pls
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Camoready: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Not too bad. Abuja center. Waec grading ( 5 courses including maths and English), degree certificate and Nysc. They also asked what I studied and how it prepares me for my intended course of study. Then relevance to oil and gas. I arrived around 12pm but interviewed by 4:30pm. They were too exhausted.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Camoready:
Not too bad. Abuja center. Waec grading ( 5 courses including maths and English), degree certificate and Nysc. They also asked what I studied and how it prepares me for my intended course of study. Then relevance to oil and gas. I arrived around 12pm but interviewed by 4:30pm. They were too exhausted.

Did they ask you about certifications and professional bodies?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 12:17am On Jun 20, 2023
No, I don't. I just arrived Abuja some minutes ago...

Nick145:
Mine is also tomorrow by 9AM. Do you know other people that have been interviewed in Abuja?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nick145: 6:29am On Jun 20, 2023
Wow okay
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2023
The process is pretty fast here. I spent less than 7 minutes. One of the panelists tried to unsettle me, but I held sway.

They only asked for O'level results and degrees, then professional memberships. Publications weren't requested. The questions are strictly based on your SOP. I hope for the best above all.

Good luck and success to those who are yet to have theirs.🙏🏽

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2023
Anyone for Ibadan from Lagos on the 23rd June 2023?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Any link to active WhatsApp group?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by AUG1: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2023
TheDistinguish:
Anyone for Ibadan from Lagos on the 23rd June 2023?

Yeah. What time are you scheduled for?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by sadiik45(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
https://chat.

whatsapp.com/Hr8OUiUqP7d6I7zrGKz2AD

Join the two address together in your address bar.

TheDistinguish:
Any link to active WhatsApp group?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ellah88: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
mine is on friday
Giftega:
When is your interview? Mine is tomorrow by 9am

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ellah88: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please what if we do not have professional memberships?
Giftega:
The process is pretty fast here. I spent less than 7 minutes. One of the panelists tried to unsettle me, but I held sway.

They only asked for O'level results and degrees, then professional memberships. Publications weren't requested. The questions are strictly based on your SOP. I hope for the best above all.

Good luck and success to those who are yet to have theirs.🙏🏽
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lollz(f): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Is it only for course related to the oil and gas sector.
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by whiitesakura: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
pls has anyone with foreign certificate been interviewed? did they ask for the certified translated copy of your certificate from ministry of foreign affairs or not?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Lollz:
Is it only for course related to the oil and gas sector.

Pls relate it to the oil and gas sector.

There is a way you can relate your course to the oil and gas sector.
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lollz(f): 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
EdoBoy90:

Pls relate it to the oil and gas sector.

There is a way you can relate your course to the oil and gas sector.
Please help me out, how can I relate veterinary medicine to oil and gas?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by C4123(f): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
Lollz:

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
9:00AM
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Agentp47: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Veterinary medicine plays a crucial role in the oil and gas industry, although it may not be immediately apparent. Here are a few key areas where veterinary medicine contributes to the industry:

1. Animal Health and Welfare: Oil and gas operations often involve working in remote areas where wildlife and livestock may be present. Veterinary professionals are necessary to ensure the health and welfare of animals that may come into contact with these operations. They can provide medical care, vaccinations, disease control, and monitoring to prevent the spread of zoonotic diseases (diseases that can be transmitted between animals and humans).

2. Environmental Conservation: Oil and gas operations have the potential to impact the environment, including wildlife habitats and ecosystems. Veterinary professionals with expertise in wildlife health and conservation can contribute to the development and implementation of environmental management plans. They can assess the impact of operations on local fauna, conduct population surveys, and provide recommendations to mitigate potential negative effects.

3. Occupational Health and Safety: The oil and gas industry involves a variety of workers, including those responsible for drilling, extraction, and maintenance. In some cases, these workers may be exposed to animals, such as marine mammals or livestock. Veterinary professionals can advise on occupational health and safety protocols, including the prevention of zoonotic diseases and the management of potential animal-related hazards.

4. Emergency Response and Preparedness: Oil spills or other industrial accidents can have significant consequences for both human and animal populations. Veterinary professionals can contribute to emergency response efforts by providing expertise in animal rescue, triage, and treatment. They can also assist in developing contingency plans to mitigate the impact on wildlife and livestock in the event of an environmental incident.

5. Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: The oil and gas industry operates under various regulatory frameworks, which often include guidelines related to environmental protection and animal welfare. Veterinary professionals can assist companies in complying with these regulations, ensuring that animal health and welfare standards are met, and supporting the industry's social responsibility initiatives.

In summary, veterinary medicine is essential to the oil and gas industry for animal health and welfare, environmental conservation, occupational health and safety, emergency response, and regulatory compliance. By integrating veterinary expertise into their operations, oil and gas companies can mitigate environmental risks, promote animal welfare, and uphold ethical and responsible practices.

Lollz:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mine is 9:00AM

AUG1:

Yeah. What time are you scheduled for?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Thanks

sadiik45:
https://chat.

whatsapp.com/Hr8OUiUqP7d6I7zrGKz2AD

Join the two address together in your address bar.

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Lollz(f): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Agentp47:
Veterinary medicine plays a crucial role in the oil and gas industry, although it may not be immediately apparent. Here are a few key areas where veterinary medicine contributes to the industry:

1. Animal Health and Welfare: Oil and gas operations often involve working in remote areas where wildlife and livestock may be present. Veterinary professionals are necessary to ensure the health and welfare of animals that may come into contact with these operations. They can provide medical care, vaccinations, disease control, and monitoring to prevent the spread of zoonotic diseases (diseases that can be transmitted between animals and humans).

2. Environmental Conservation: Oil and gas operations have the potential to impact the environment, including wildlife habitats and ecosystems. Veterinary professionals with expertise in wildlife health and conservation can contribute to the development and implementation of environmental management plans. They can assess the impact of operations on local fauna, conduct population surveys, and provide recommendations to mitigate potential negative effects.

3. Occupational Health and Safety: The oil and gas industry involves a variety of workers, including those responsible for drilling, extraction, and maintenance. In some cases, these workers may be exposed to animals, such as marine mammals or livestock. Veterinary professionals can advise on occupational health and safety protocols, including the prevention of zoonotic diseases and the management of potential animal-related hazards.

4. Emergency Response and Preparedness: Oil spills or other industrial accidents can have significant consequences for both human and animal populations. Veterinary professionals can contribute to emergency response efforts by providing expertise in animal rescue, triage, and treatment. They can also assist in developing contingency plans to mitigate the impact on wildlife and livestock in the event of an environmental incident.

5. Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: The oil and gas industry operates under various regulatory frameworks, which often include guidelines related to environmental protection and animal welfare. Veterinary professionals can assist companies in complying with these regulations, ensuring that animal health and welfare standards are met, and supporting the industry's social responsibility initiatives.

In summary, veterinary medicine is essential to the oil and gas industry for animal health and welfare, environmental conservation, occupational health and safety, emergency response, and regulatory compliance. By integrating veterinary expertise into their operations, oil and gas companies can mitigate environmental risks, promote animal welfare, and uphold ethical and responsible practices.

Thank you for this!!!! It means alot! My brain and mind is more opened(enlightened).
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
ChatGPT at work
Agentp47:

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Atleast it served the purpose for the one who asked.

ExpertNLer:
ChatGPT at work

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 12:35am On Jun 21, 2023
You won't be awarded any marks for it if you don't have any.

ellah88:
Please what if we do not have professional memberships?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ellacity: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2023
Any information on virtual interview. I have tried to contact PTDF but no information yet.
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engrstans: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2023
My interview is today by 1pm at university of Ibadan, anybody going from Lagos to Ibadan as well?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Princefame1: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
mrphysics:
PTDF have started sending invitation mails. Successful candidates should have received emails by now. Kindly check your mail.

Sir, I will want to get in touch with you. I am a prospective applicant for Msc in France and I am currently researching in preparation for next application window. I will want to apply for a scholarship also, probably through PTDF or any other one. I will like your advise and recommendation since you have done this before. I will be grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by AUG1: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheDistinguish:
Mine is 9:00AM

Same here. Where are you coming from?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by TheDistinguish: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lagos
Leaving tomorrow. Are equally coming from Lagos?

AUG1:

Same here. Where are you coming from?
Re: Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Parisleo: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
This year thread is actually more quiet than last year, I doubt if it will get to 30 pages self.. lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

Yabatech ND/HND Part Time Form For 2021/2022 Academic session / Kenyan Student Had Sex With Her Lecturer & He Gave Her 'E', Then She Did This / JAMB Result 2024 is out: See How to Check Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.