Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court (19818 Views)

This Is Your State, Nobody Can Chase You Away – Adeleke Tells Aregbesola / Why We Won’t Release Kanu, FG Tells Appeal Court / Umahi: How Wike Masterminded Court Judgement Sacking Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Clevite(m): 2:24am On Feb 10, 2023
The Osun State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the July 16, 2022 governorship polls in the state, Ademola Adeleke, has told the Court of Appeal that the decision of the Justice Tertsea Kume-led Election Petition Tribunal that annulled his victory at the poll was not the majority decision of the panel.

Adeleke also described the decision as nullity as the third member of the panel, Rabi Bashir, did not voice her opinion on the judgement.

His Notice of Appeal filed before the Court of Appeal, Akure Division, against the January 27 decision of the panel that nullified his victory, obtained in Osogbo on Thursday, dated January 30, 2023 was signed by his lead counsel, Onyeachi Ikpeazu, on behalf of 26 other lawyers.

The PDP candidate listed 31 grounds in his appeal where the Tribunal erred in law and asked the Appeal Court to set aside the judgement of the panel.

Some of the grounds listed were that “the second member of the lower Tribunal never rendered a decision or opinion in the petition orally or in writing.

“The second member of the lower Tribunal could not have validly signed the decision of the chairman of the lower Tribunal without an opinion.

“What was presented as the lead decision of the Tribunal is a nullity in fact and in law, not lead decision of the lower Tribunal.”

Adeleke added that the Tribunal decided the matter without considering the totality of his case, adding that the panel also expressed bias against him by referring to him dancing to Buga song in the judgement that annulled his victory.

He also said reports of entries on the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System machines used for accreditation during the poll was superior and unique, adding that the panel should not have granted the reliefs sought by the petitioners before it.

Similarly, the PDP in its Notice of Appeal signed by the party’s lead counsel, Alex Izinyon, on behalf of 19 other lawyers and dated February 6, 2023, listed 43 grounds of appeal and said the judgement given by the panel was against the weight of evidence laid before it.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, through its counsel, Prof. Paul Ananaba, had earlier appealed against the judgement of the Tribunal.

https://punchng.com/judgement-sacking-me-not-majority-decision-adeleke-tells-appeal-court/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1675984691

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Clevite(m): 2:49am On Feb 10, 2023
Ademola Adeleke and PDP's lawyers are most likely to have the Tribunal's judgement upturned on this technical ground than having the judgement upturned on merit at the appellate courts.

The third member of the Tribunal who is a Chief Magistrate supporting the Justice Kume's lead judgement nullifying the election of Ademola Adeleke by only co-signing the judgement, without making her own separate pronouncement, may be highly fatal to the victory delivered to APC and Gboyega Oyetola by the Tribunal.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by smile11s(m): 4:42am On Feb 10, 2023
They should just let him rule biko

Video - A Suicidal Man Was Dissuaded From Jumping Off Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, Nigeria
https://gist.am/q/a-suicidal-man-was-dissuaded-from-jumping-off-third-mainland-bridge-in-lagos-ni

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by moscow007: 4:43am On Feb 10, 2023
Whatever Thiefnibu cannot corrupt he destroys!

Make no mistake, the Judiciary is under attack by this demonic blood sucker of no Nation.

The Judiciary as a matter of urgency must raise up and resist Thiefnibu's cheap blackmails and financial inducement now!

Let it not come as a surprise when Thiefnibu approaches the court after losing in few weeks time, we are waiting for him.

Adeleke will make a nonsense of this Oshogbo Tribunal ruling at the appeal, just as we prepare to finally retire Thiefnibu at the Supreme Court in 2025 while President Obi holds sway in Aso Rock.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Trust22(m): 4:43am On Feb 10, 2023
ONE THING IS SURE.... ADELEKE GOES NO WHERE..

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by KingOfTheDamned: 4:43am On Feb 10, 2023
WE DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN OSUN STATE

WE ARE FOCUSED ON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION FOR NOW

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by enitant(m): 4:44am On Feb 10, 2023
It is well
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by castrokins(m): 4:44am On Feb 10, 2023
I Am Not A Lawyer
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by UncleKoboko: 4:44am On Feb 10, 2023
This country has the most failed judiciary system in the world, a system filled with useless and corrupt old fools. Honestly, I wish something can just happen to wipe this country clean, like a natural disaster.

A judiciary system that could announce a fourth position candidate as the winner...

The recent and the most shocking to me is the case of Lawàn and Akpabío, these two useless BASTARDS didn't even obtain form for senatorial seats but the they were declared winners because they lost the presidential primaries in their parties.

WOE BETIDE THE JUDGES THAT GAVE SUCH JUDGEMENTS BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Ventura1: 4:46am On Feb 10, 2023
The intricacies of the law, that's the beauty of the profession. More often than not, court cases usually favours the petitioner, especially if the evidences are solid. They major task for PDP and INEC is to convince the court to discard APC BVAS report, that's the main weapon of destruction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Na Supreme Court go settle the matter last last. The only thing that is surer than this is the wailing and tears of the agressive and uncouth Obedients after their personal lord and saviour loses woefully at the Polls grin grin grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Aify147(m): 4:50am On Feb 10, 2023
Oyetola and his bullion van master are thieves

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Paulicy11(m): 4:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Black market judgement

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by tempest01(m): 4:56am On Feb 10, 2023
These lawyers sef.

The new electoral law recognises the bvas (electronic device deployed) not the server (database) as the means of accreditation.

In this dispute, any judgement that does not consider the data on the bvas but uses an unsynchronized server is agbado judgement.

We have had lots of these kind of judgement lately. With the Supreme Court currently on the super high way of a roasted corn.

5 Likes

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by jogsman01(m): 4:57am On Feb 10, 2023
He's certainly using his 4
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by sultry69(m): 5:04am On Feb 10, 2023
Finger cross,in one and half months, we shall see what will be the consequence.
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by southsouthking(m): 5:14am On Feb 10, 2023
Interesting time ahead.
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by KalakutaRepub: 5:18am On Feb 10, 2023
tempest01:
These lawyers sef.

The new electoral law recognises the bvas (electronic device deployed) not the server (database) as the means of accreditation.

In this dispute, any judgement that does not consider the data on the bvas but uses an unsynchronized server is agbado judgement.

We have had lots of these kind of judgement lately. With the Supreme Court currently on the super high way of a roasted corn.
Lol @ superhighway of roasted corn

1 Like

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by chrisxxx(m): 5:19am On Feb 10, 2023
Clevite:
Ademola Adeleke and PDP's lawyers are most likely to have the Tribunal's judgement upturned on this technical ground than having the judgement upturned on merit at the appellate courts.

The third member of the Tribunal who is a Chief Magistrate supporting the Justice Kume's lead judgement nullifying the election of Ademola Adeleke by only co-signing the judgement, without making her own separate pronouncement, may be highly fatal to the victory delivered to APC and Gboyega Oyetola by the Tribunal.
I am not a lawyer but this makes sense

7 Likes

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Rolings: 5:27am On Feb 10, 2023
UncleKoboko:
This country has the most failed judiciary system in the world, a system filled with useless and corrupt old fools. Honestly, I wish something can just happen to wipe this country clean, like a natural disaster.

A judiciary system that could announce a fourth position candidate as the winner...

The recent and the most shocking to me is the case of Lawàn and Akpabío, these two useless BASTARDS didn't even obtain form for senatorial seats but the they were declared winners because they lost the presidential primaries in their parties.

WOE BETIDE THE JUDGES THAT GAVE SUCH JUDGEMENTS BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

Law operates on facts not emotions.
No amount of emorional blackmail will make law rely on emotions above facts.
No matter the presidential candidate you support....the judiciary has been there for them. So its uncharitable to condemn the judiciary when it didnt favour you and accept its decisions when they favour you only.

As per Akpabio and Lawan.....these are cases that needed to be decided by SC so as to reinforce party supremacy in our politics. As far as the Law is concerned its the party that has the final say on its choice of candidate....the candidate is not representing himself but flying the party s flag...he cant be bigger than that party

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Jostoman: 5:32am On Feb 10, 2023
KingOfTheDamned:
WE DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN OSUN STATE

WE ARE FOCUSED ON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION FOR NOW
we care, Adeleke must get his mandate back.

3 Likes

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by NwokoloOwa: 5:34am On Feb 10, 2023
tempest01:
These lawyers sef.

The issue is which one did INEC then use in declaring the result; the server records or the so called synchronized records? If it is the synchronized record how come it didn't tender this initially. Again if a record is synchronized it should automatically update all platforms linked to it same time and seamlessly.

Something was wrong somewhere.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Jostoman: 5:36am On Feb 10, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Na Supreme Court go settle the matter last last. The only thing that is surer than this is the wailing and tears of the agressive and uncouth Obedients after their personal lord and saviour loses woefully at the Polls grin grin grin
this is about Adeleke and not peter obi.

1 Like

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by BluntCrazeMan: 5:49am On Feb 10, 2023
We Are Watching.

THIS JUDGEMENT WILL BE THE VERY FOUNDATION TO ALL THE FUTURE USE OF THE BVAS
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by kingamaa(m): 5:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Make APC no go steal this man's mandate through the courts. They've done it before in other states.

Osun people have spoken loud and clear. May the wish of the people stand. Amen
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by MightySparrow: 6:02am On Feb 10, 2023
castrokins:
I Am Not A Lawyer

You are not a liar joor
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by EdiskyHarry: 6:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Jux like someone said up there, I wish something can happen that will wipe off Nigeria from the map of the world.
I wish Kim jong UN or Putin will oneday mistakenly nuke Nigeria so that everybody both poor and rich will die. Then a new Nigeria will be possible.
Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by Yankee101: 6:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Don’t know Nigerian legal system, but here you don’t need an opinion to pick a side. The side you pick can select just one person to write an opinion

1 Like

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by oyichi: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2023
I think adeleke has a point here

3 Likes

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by ejimatic: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Clevite:

. Section 294 of the constitution subsection 1 2 and 4 mandates AC and SC members to have a say in any judgement they make It doew not apply to TB . Whoever has something different can show us here for consideration. Additionally if both of them are minority judgements AC will decide another minority and majority judgement! ..My opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Judgement Sacking Me Not Majority Decision, Adeleke Tells Appeal Court by press9jatv: 6:31am On Feb 10, 2023
In the case of Election Petition Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court, the panel of Judges have always been odd number either 3, 5 or 7, that is to say the number of Judges in the panel will be number that can not be divided by 2.
In a panel court, each of the Judges in the panel is believed to be the court that is hearing the matter before it. It's expected that each panel member should express individual opinion in writing and read same in open court and if the opinion of the judges differs, this is the only means by which majority or minority Judgement is known.
In the case of controversial majority Judgement of Osun EPTribunal, the judgement is titled to be the judgement/opinion of single Judge (Tribunal Chairman) of the panel, but the body of Judgement indicates 'we, we, we...' all through.
Member 2 didn't express or read his opinion in the in the controversial majority Judgement. Member 2 only co-signed the controversial majority Judgement without reducing his opinion in writing.
I'm a layman, and eversince I have been reading law reports, I have not seen where the judgement panel court is titled to be the judgement of individual Judge in the panel and the body of the Judgement carried first or second person plural or co-signed by member of the panel without making his opinion known.
So, in law, how do we determine majority or minority Judgement when a member failed to reduce his opinion as far as Osun EPTribunal is concerned?
Above is part of 44 Grounds of Appeal of INEC, interesting days ahead....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike / 5 Key Transport Sector Policies That Possibly Affected Ambode’s Re-election Bid / President Buhari Expresses Joy Over APC’s Majority Win In The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.