Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project (1269 Views)

A Quick Question: What Does This Igbo Name Mean? / Could Anyone Translate This Igbo Phrase For Me? / Translate This Igbo Phrase Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by deco2come: 4:10am On Sep 10, 2011
I am working on a project(www.umuigbo.com). I want to create an environment where people can find almost every information they need about the Igbos, a one stop where people can listen to any Igbo music without searching/scrolling youtube, where people can easily find the meaning of any Igbo names thereby saving google and other search engines some bandwidth, and a lot more features for people that like/love Igbo language. In other to make these dream become a reality, I need a lot of help from all angles. These are some of what I need.
For Videos
Search youtube for your favourite Igbo musics. Then give us the details of the music using this method below
Music Category----- (It can be Gospel, Traditional, Modern, Hiphop, etc)
Song Author -------( The singer's name)
Song Name -------- ( The name of the song)
Album --------- (the music Album. If you don't know it, write Unknown)
Song Duration -----( You can get this information from the video. If you don't know it, right unknown)

/////////////

For Igbo Names
Use this format below
Name---- (the name)
Gender ------- (That is if it is a boy's name or a girl's name. If it is both boy/girl name, you can write Unique)
Meaning of the name -------- ( You can write the meaning of the names like this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754681.0.html)

/////////////
For Igbo Idioms
The Idiom---- ( Please use Igbo to write it e.g Awo adighi agba oso ehihe na-efu.)
Literary meaning --( The toad does not run in the daylight for nothing)
Meaning ----( There is a reason for everything)

//////////
Miscellaneous
Igbo Ceremonial Days( You can name the part of Igbo that hold the ceremonial days)
Igbo Arts and Festivals( You can name the part of Igbo that has the festival/arts)
Tourists Places in Igbo Land( If you can include pictures, it would be better)

//////////
If you have other suggestions or anything you would like us to add on the project, please do not hesitate to let us know.

You can compile your data in for excel the video or the names in microsoft exile or word, and send it to us at info@umuigbo.com

OR
you contribute by posting on the forum.

If you take a look at (www.umuigbo.com) it is still on early stage. We want to achieve this dream and we cannot do it without help from you guys.

Umuigbo Kwezuo nu!!!!!
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by ifyalways(f): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2011
O dikwa nma.

The problem we have however is continuity,we don't have patience to build what we start.I hope in the next 2 years this site wud still be running.
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by Engr1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2011
Why not?
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by macjive01: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
check this site out

www.igbolandforum.com
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by ifyalways(f): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
Engr@:

Why not?
Maka na ufodu di na mbu ma ugbu a they're not in existence anymore.
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by Afam4eva(m): 10:35am On Oct 04, 2011
There are way too many Igbo related websites/forums out there. Can't we come together to build one that'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by farleft: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
deco2come, the Umuigbo website looks like a good resource for learning Igbo. If you need an online Igbo-English and English-Igbo dictionary to refer to your students, they could use one that I created

http://mkpuruokwu.org/

For example, you can see the definition of house-rat at [url]http://mkpuruokwu.org/dictionary?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=house-rat&dict=en-ig[/url]. Best of luck with your project!
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by deco2come: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
farleft:

deco2come, the Umuigbo website looks like a good resource for learning Igbo. If you need an online Igbo-English and English-Igbo dictionary to refer to your students, they could use one that I created

http://mkpuruokwu.org/

For example, you can see the definition of house-rat at [url]http://mkpuruokwu.org/dictionary?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=house-rat&dict=en-ig[/url]. Best of luck with your project!

I have tried opening your website but it takes forever to open. This is my 8th times now but I cannot open it. What is wrong?
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by farleft: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2011
deco2come the Website worked today when I tried. Please check on someone else's Internet connection to see if it loads. If it doesn't, I'd like to know what browser and what kind of connection you used. Thanks.
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by OneNaira6: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2011
Is it a forum or just an Igbo language website?
Re: Please Help Us To Build This Igbo Project by deco2come: 2:15am On Oct 19, 2011
One_Naira:

Is it a forum or just an Igbo language website?

Both forum and Language website. The forum section is still under construction. We will appreciate if you can help us in providing the information we need to make all things work. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Best Easter 2015 Quotes, Images, Wishes, And Wallpapers / All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! / Get Certified In Spanish Language From Spanish Embassy Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.