Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu (5767 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by djmellowshe(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2011
A lot of you are just arguing blindly. Firstly you mention Haruna, Rabiu Ibrahim, Chrisantus, How many of the aformentioned players are regular starters for their clubs, Haruna played for Monaco last season and they were relegated. Rabui Ibrahim has not played up to 10 competetive matches in the last two years, Chrisantus is playing in a Division 2 club in Germany. Alot of you argue about the players in the team. Joel Obi is just 19 and already becoming an accomplised player in Inter Milan. Secondly alot of you want Siasia to correct a damage of over 10 years in 2months. Tell me any coach that has ever done that. Even Clemens Westerhof , in 1990 took the super Eagles to the Nations cuo where  we suffered one of our most heavies defeats in a long time when we were beaten 5-1 by Algeria in our first match. Also he had issues with players during his days. I quote''Following a 2-1 defeat by Italy at the 1994 FIFA World Cup which eliminated Nigeria from the tournament, striker Rashidi Yekini was critical of both Westerhof and his team-mates, telling reporters:
"I have always been against this coach [Westerhof] , It is no secret that I don't like him and he doesn't like me. I tried to go against him long ago, but my teammates did not support me. As a result, I was played out of the game. I never saw the ball."
Finidi George and Emmanuel Amuneke were two other Nigerian international players reported to have fallen out of favour with Westerhof [2]; both players were dropped from the team by Westerhof at different points during his tenure as manager, only for the players to be subsequently reinstated in the team following the Nigerian Football Association's decision to overrule Westerhof.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemens_Westerhof

So lets judge Samson Siasia after the  nations cup.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by kingDavid5(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2011
Siasia & Mikel are both the main subject of criticism here and I'm sure it was these same people that eulogized these two guys the most back in 2005 junior worldcup uuummmm,
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 12large1: 2:04am On Sep 12, 2011
If joel obi who was on the bench many times last season can come to eagles midfield and start and became our best player those games then I see no reason why ibrahimm shouldnt be tryed. Btw haruna plays with shevchenko and is playing well but sia1 never forget
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by femi4: 5:35am On Sep 12, 2011
12large1:

If joel obi who was on the bench many times last season can come to eagles midfield and start and became our best player those games then I see no reason why ibrahimm shouldnt be tryed. Btw haruna plays with shevchenko and is playing well but sia1 never forget
Joel Obi is the next rising star of Nigeria football, you can Google: Africa players top ten rising stars and defensively, He is better than Ibrahim.
Let Rabiu wait for his time. About Haruna playing with Shevchenko, Is it the now Shevchenko or the old Shevchenko. Furthermore, Haruna is not regular in the team. Its high time we have top players playing week in-week out in our national team
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by dozai: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2011
I hate it when people start brandishing names of players that re way behind in modern football. Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna lukman. Gosh!!! These dudes need to step up their games. No denying the fact, they are good players, but they need to step up. They cannot fit into the SE. not now. If we are really looking for a playmaker with strong character, Then Nosa is on top of the log. Even Ekpo will nick it before the likes of Rabiu and the rest.
I think, we d better allow SIA1 to do his work. Amodu has his time, Eguavoen had his, Chukwu had his too, Its SIA1 time now. All these coaches b4 SIA1 played in diff competitions, we know what they all achieved. BRONZE. lets judge the man if he fails to match their achievements or even better it.
SE will have a shape and a brand of football. Like a said, No 2 coaches are the same.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by mellow(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2011
When will Nigerians ever be satisfied? I am very sure if you review the work of most of these critics for the past year, you might be surprises to find out that they are less than average.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by AlabaSlim: 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2011
sia1 enidy enitym
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 12large1: 1:35am On Sep 13, 2011
no matter what yall say ibrahim is potentially our best midfilder. He should be given a xhance. Joel was given a cjance last season despite being on the bench and he took it good player but not talented like ibrahim. West africa dont produce enough playmakers the few ones that they produce are not giving a chance. Btw im a joel obi fan too but his more like an edgar davids kind of player. Nosa should also be giving a chance mikel should either play dm or go chill on bench
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by Birikiti: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2011
@djmellowshe

You spoke my mind well.

Folks should let Siasia do his job the way he knows best. We have trusted him with the job, we should trust his judgment in executing the task before him.

One of the things people don't realize is that if a team fails, the coach is first to be sacked.

So, as the person whose neck is on the line, who would you play in your team? Someone who will play his heart out for you when the chips are down or someone who (though is a fantastic player) just doesn't give a hoot whether you are sacked or not?!!

@12large1, please answer this question!
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by otijah(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
yes i am afraid too.from what am seeing. siasia is going to be d worst if nigeria is not serious.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by kasiem(m): 8:51am On Sep 14, 2011
Siasia is an id'iot, he came in and destroyed our under 23 that won the world cup when they were under Tella. He went further to annihilate heartland f.c, one year after the narrowly lost champions league under a foreign coach, without any regret. Today, look at our SE fumbling to get a nations cup ticket. For record sake, amodu qualified SE for two world cups, he won an equivalent of caf champions league with bcc lions, he guided SE for many years with only 2 match loses. What record does siasia have apart from using overaged players to reach finals? Who knew lobi stars when siasia was guiding them?
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by ow11(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2011
@12large1

The only player I have problems with Siasia's blackout is the Enyimba LB (Valentine Nwabili). Rather than Rabiu Ibrahim that offers very little defensively as seen in Egypt 2009, lacks pace and upper body strength, I would recommend Nosa Igiebor to play the AM role if Siasia is playing a diamond 4-4-2.

But from Holland 2005 and Beijing 2008, we can see that Siasia plays a 4-2-4 which converts to a 4-2-3-1 off the ball. This means that Siasia plays

GK; DF (4); DM,CM; RMF, SS, CF, LMF >>> Rabiu Ibrahim's position here would be CM or SS. There are better players than him in these two roles in the current SE (Joel Obi, Mikel Obi, Lukman Haruna for CM & Obinna Nsofor, Kalu Uche for SS). A coach does NOT change his formation to suit a player, He uses players that will suit a formation that works for him.

Rabiu will do well in a 4-3-1-2 formation where he will not have defensive duties but teams that play this way are boring and we cant afford to expose Taiwo or Rubbish Okonkwo with this formation just to give Rabiu caps.

The SE needs a RB and a CB.

Enyeama; RB, Yobo, CB, Taiwo; Mikel, Obi(Haruna); Musa, K.Uche, Odemwengie, Nsofor(Oduamadi)
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by 12large1: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hahaha upper body strength ko lower strenght which upper strength iniesta or xavi get no way is mikel a better playmaket than rabiu
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by ow11(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^

Mikel IS a horrible playmaker. Mourinho thought so which is why he was moved to DM. In fact, I agreed with you but Rabiu Ibrahim cannot play like Xavi in SE because Xavi needs players like Iniesta and Co to function effectively. SE have slow players and Siasia's formation is meant to harness the strength's of our current crop of players.

I would be surprised if Rabiu Ibrahim played as a SS in Siasia's formation and do well. However, I doubt it!

Also, Have you seen Ejike Uzoenyi of Rangers play? He is also a Rabiu Ibrahim/Okocha type player. Short with bags of skill and zero pace.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by kannymoore(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2011
ow11:

^^^

Mikel IS a horrible playmaker. Mourinho thought so which is why he was moved to DM. In fact, I agreed with you but Rabiu Ibrahim cannot play like Xavi in SE because Xavi needs players like Iniesta and Co to function effectively. SE have slow players and Siasia's formation is meant to harness the strength's of our current crop of players.

I would be surprised if Rabiu Ibrahim played as a SS in Siasia's formation and do well. However, I doubt it!

Also, Have you seen Ejike Uzoenyi of Rangers play? He is also a Rabiu Ibrahim/Okocha type player. Short with bags of skill and zero pace.

^^mikel is a horrible playmaker who came 2nd best footballer youth footballer after messi shebi?!

bros, , u funny o!

it was mikel's playmaking skills that contributed to a large percent, our progression in the youth finals. his only drawback was that he never scored any goal. messi in comparison, didnt do half of the job mikel did for nigeria and i stand by that claim.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by kannymoore(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2011
12large1:

Hahaha upper body strength ko lower strenght which upper strength iniesta or xavi get no way is mikel a better playmaket than rabiu

bros, , shebi mikel and rabiu played in the same version of fifa youth competition, , how did rabiu fare with his "playmaking " abilities in comparison to mikels?

mikel is not a flamboyant dribbler, , but his dribbling skills are tremendously effective. he is to me, nigeria's best midfielder at present.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 17, 2011
hhh
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by samuelkew(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2011
until when nigerians will learn how to support what belongs to them, i fear for progress delay.u that saaid he will be worse, i think u are a very great coach,bullshit,inferior people always like others and never appreciate themselves.
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by montelik(m): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2012
Hollandis is another T.B Joshua in the making. cheesy cheesy
Re: Siasia Will Be Worse Than Amodu by tck2000(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Croatia President Celebrates Victory Over Russia In Style(Photos) / Pictures From Theo Walcott’s Beautiful Wedding With Melanie Slade / 2024 Will Be My last season: Nadal Withdraws From 2023 French Open due to injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.