Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs (2227 Views)

UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent / Car Swarmed By Thousands Of Grasshoppers In South Africa (Pictures) / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by Niceguy06: 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Nna men. I have heard the same thing over 100 times o grin grin

Plus loneliness. No one to talk. If you find someone to talk to, it's a privilege
Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
Niceguy06:

Plus loneliness. No one to talk. If you find someone to talk to, it's a privilege
And I even heard that patronising hookers or prostitutes especially in countries like Canada can lead to jail term for like 10 years. Even the police go on the road to pose as prostitutes to catch people.
Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by Niceguy06: 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

And I even heard that patronising hookers or prostitutes especially in countries like Canada can lead to jail term for like 10 years. Even the police go on the road to pose as prostitutes to catch people.

In all my years in the US, before I left, I have never been to Canada. I genuinely don't feel it necessary cuz I consider that place to be too dark, boring, and lonely.

I cannot say for sure, if that is correct, about Canada. But what I can say is that you ain't getting or scoring a white chick that easily like Nigerian men used to think, and it's really lonely, but the money you're making should keep you fueling. So, don't be surprised if you stay celibate all your life if you don't take your woman down there. But then, handsome Nigerian men can still record decent level of success with women, especially those that were born there

1 Like

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
Niceguy06:

In all my years in the US, before I left, I have never been to Canada. I genuinely don't feel it necessary cuz I consider that place to be too dark, boring, and lonely.

I cannot say for sure, if that is correct, about Canada. But what I can say is that you ain't getting or scoring a white chick that easily like Nigerian men used to think, and it's really lonely, but the money you're making should keep you fueling. So, don't be surprised if you stay celibate all your life if you don't take your woman down there. But then, handsome Nigerian men can still record decent level of success with women, especially those that were born there

But the average Nigerian man is ugly. At least money will help you In naija na wa o. Me I am obese and very fat with a very tiny dick so I can't get a white lady to marry when I go abroad but I have nice gfs in naija o

4 Likes

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by Niceguy06: 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

But the average Nigerian man is ugly. At least money will help you In naija na wa o. Me I am obese and very fat with a very tiny dick so I can't get a white lady to marry when I go abroad but I have nice gfs in naija o

Nigeria is good. We just have bad leaders. Otherwise, there's nothing in these places. But then we have to do what we have to do to survive.

And, yes, somehow, Most Nigerian guys in These Western countries, when you look at them, you'll easily know why they're not getting sex to start with. I'm not an exception too.

And please hold on to your girlfriend. In case you consider relocation anytime. Get married for Naija ooo

2 Likes

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by studyless123: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Gbam I swear how can you be on H1B for ten years and counting you didn't solidify your stay you even married a fellow H1B holder lol.

It simply shows that piority differs. What you consider as very important is of no value to others. I know some Nigerians who left the US immidiately after their studies. Some have their own businesses and are doing well. A guy in Lagos recently rejected an offer from Amazon to focus on his startup, he told me during an investors meeting.

If you are serious about relocating.

Study in the US
Focus on a startup
Marry a USC

1 Like

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
studyless123:

It simply shows that piority differs. What you consider as very important is of no value to others. I know some Nigerians who left the US immidiately after their studies. Some have their own businesses and are doing well. A guy in Lagos recently rejected an offer from Amazon to focus on his startup, he told me during an investors meeting.

If you are serious about relocating.

Study in the US
Focus on a startup
Marry a USC

Well to each their own sha. But it's good to have options especially with the way Nigeria is going, if APC wins the Nigerian elections again. I don't think the Nigerian economy can ever recover to be honest.

Your guy is young, I pray the startup works sha. I resigned from a job In Europe as a very young man to come and focus on my startup in Nigeria. It never worked out and I really regret doing that when I was much younger but I have learnt a whole lot and gathered experiences I dont think I will trade for money.

5 Likes

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by studyless123: 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to each their own sha. But it's good to have options especially with the way Nigeria is going, if APC wins the Nigerian elections again. I don't think the Nigerian economy can ever recover to be honest.

Your guy is young, I pray the startup works sha. I resigned from a job In Europe as a very young man to come and focus on my startup in Nigeria. It never worked out and I really regret doing that when I was much younger but I have learnt a whole lot and gathered experiences I dont think I will trade for money.

There are some things that we don't have control over in life and I don't bother myself about those things. In fact I hardly have serious worries. All humans make mistakes, but like the saying goes...you don't cry over spilt milk. I'll tell you a little about myself. I was a shareholder in two small companies in Nigeria, they became so successful and I could travel anywhere in the world. I reached a settlement with the founders and moved on. I've started 3 businesses in the US and they all failed, the bank took my house as a collateral. I worked with one of the best companies in the world and got laid off, worse, I don't have anything to show for it. My mates are married with kids but I still have debt hanging over my head. But you know what, I'm perfectly fine, I've learned from the past, I don't sulk, I re-strategize. As they say we move.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by emee701(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
studyless123:

There are some things that we don't have control over in life and I don't bother myself about those things. In fact I hardly have serious worries. All humans make mistakes, but like the saying goes...you don't cry over spilt milk. I'll tell you a little about myself. I was a shareholder in two small companies in Nigeria, they became so successful and I could travel anywhere in the world. I reached a settlement with the founders and moved on. I've started 3 businesses in the US and they all failed, the bank took my house as a collateral. I worked with one of the best companies in the world and got laid off, worse, I don't have anything to show for it. My mates are married with kids but I still have debt hanging over my head. But you know what, I'm perfectly fine, I've learned from the past, I don't sulk, I re-strategize. As they say we move.
Life is full of challenges. We move

1 Like

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by Treadway: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
studyless123:

you will bounce back. I don't know you, but I'm here to just tell you what I have a hunch you already know, which is that you will bounce back. It takes a certain kind of courage and guts to make the moves you have made, jumping into the deep end of the pool. Same courage and guts are evident in people who have achieved greatness. Keep your head straight and before you know it, you will strike GOLD again, but this time wiser and better prepared/equipped.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by FreedomArmy: 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
About our men not scratching enough when they go abroad? What's the problem? Are they timid or what ? Well my own g in the states is doing fine on the ladies side( they may be hookers who knows ) He has a wife in Nigeria and is not planning to take her along because the woman stubborn like stone.
Re: Thousands of Immigrants Losing US Visas After Massive Tech Layoffs by Saverin: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Which kind wahalur be this? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Babalakin Advocates Modern Terminals In Abuja, Kano, Ph / STUDY IN AUSTRIA FEES AS LOW AS 350 EUROS / World's Most Inconvenient Convenience Store Hangs 120m On Chinese Mountain (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.