Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? (21893 Views)

Recoloured Naira Notes Still In Circulation - CBN Insists / CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:
How is old note been treated in your area? Are shops, filling station or banks accepting it?

Here in Isheri axis of Ogun state, everyone is rejecting it including shops, banks, filling station, supermarket etc

Which Isheri axis are you talking about? Is it the main Isheri opposite Kara beside OPIC or the one at Omole Phase 2 axis?

In both places I have just mentioned, old notes are still being spent and POS are still selling old naira notes. Okada and Transporters are still collecting the money. At the main Isheri markets the Hausas, Yorubas and the few IBOs are collecting the money steadily.

Please, which Isheri axis ? Let me know. Isheri axis starts from Ogun State part of Berger to the right side .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by stuffs2002: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

It's unthinkable, senseless and idiotic to compare the strength of Peter Obi who visits three states in less than 24 hours with that of Tinubu whom people sometimes help to walk and climb podiums.

PS: I won't reply you again.

comot smart for your name
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by kay29000(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2023
ifytrik:
same hear[b], i even joined them in rejecting it yesterday even though i still have up to 40k of it left in my house.[/b]

grin grin
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by SmartPolician: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2023
stuffs2002:

comot smart for your name

Help me komot am.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by benqo01(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2023
sylve11:

Them don use am for you grin grin cool

U DEY MIND DEM NO B SO HAND SANITIZER AND NOSE MASK PEOPLE DO I REMEMBER THAT TIME I BUY NOSE MASK 500 NAIRA E NO STILL SPOIL

THIS POS PEOPLE THIER TIME GO STILL REACH THEM GO LOYAL SOON

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Enemyofpeace: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2023
Nobody is collecting them I my area again o

Please who get agege bread make him help me, this beans wey Mynd44 give me, no wan go for my mouth

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by eki2000(m): 8:42am On Feb 11, 2023
[quote author=Hier post=120807996]I accepted it and used it throughout yesterday.

Emefiele was saying yesterday that there was no enough sentisitive materials to meet the demand of the new notes, how do you follow a confused person and not end up confused yourself?

Plus, there was a meeting yesterday with Buhari that ended without any clear direction as to whether old note should be used or not.

And again, supreme court balablu on Wednesday grin grin grin grin[/quote Hahaha, this your comment just explains everything

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by AminuRano87(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2023
jumper524:
Here in kuje Abuja. Only filling stations reject it. POS still accepts it.

Was in kaduna two days back. There's no panic on the old notes there.
I too wise na watin dey kill people
You are right. Here in Kano nobody rejects old notes. People from the south are making life difficult for themselves because they thing they are too wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by NwokoloOwa: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2023
blackmantis:
People are using it very well here in Abuja.

Exactly. No shaking in Abuja
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by NwokoloOwa: 8:46am On Feb 11, 2023
The old notes are circulating here in Abuja reasonably well. Made three transactions with them yesterday.

The North don't have issues with such. I'm pretty sure that months afterwards, the rural north will still be transacting with the old notes. It is always we in the south that seek to punish ourselves.

Sabi sabi people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Bfly: 8:48am On Feb 11, 2023
confusion arose among 200m people because they have one president and one governor of CBN who could not decisively implement one of the simplest policies in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by stuffs2002: 8:48am On Feb 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Help me komot am.

replace am with DUNDEE
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by ugbarreta(m): 8:50am On Feb 11, 2023
I stay in owerri and nobody is accepting the old notes in my area, World Bank housing estate to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Okechinwadike: 8:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Kyase:

And the 65 years old youth is not an oldie right?
Continue to dey whine yourselves
Una eyes go clear 25th
They una think say Tinubu come to joke
and if tinubu win don't complain of hardship ooooo, if not, well God of thunder is still alive
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by NofiuFade(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2023
Nigerians not yet advance to this level of Emefuele types of cashless nd naira swap policy, old note is still acceptable here like it’s nothing to worry about ~ reporting from Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by jumper524(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2023
AminuRano87:

You are right. Here in Kano nobody rejects old notes. People from the south are making life difficult for themselves because they thing they are too wise.
honestly. I was impressed with kaduna residents. No panic of such. They go about their businesses using both notes. We sha hope it circulates though.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Collyno82(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2023
ifytrik:
same hear, i even joined them in rejecting it yesterday even though i still have up to 40k of it left in my house.
m*mu man
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by donnie2016: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2023
Emmanuella00:
I'm surprised, people are still collecting it,in my area!
Where's this your area,Sir?
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by donnie2016: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2023
NwokoloOwa:
The old notes are circulating here in Abuja reasonably well. Made three transactions with them yesterday.

The North don't have issues with such. I'm pretty sure that months afterwards, the rural north will still be transacting with the old notes. It is always we in the south that seek to punish ourselves.

Sabi sabi people
Very true of you.igbo traders have been rejecting the old notes here in Benue state while Hausa people and the natives have been accepting it
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by zedegit: 9:09am On Feb 11, 2023
wasiubello:
How is old note been treated in your area? Are shops, filling station or banks accepting it?

Here in Isheri axis of Ogun state, everyone is rejecting it including shops, banks, filling station, supermarket etc

Same as my place because of a confused government.

May Buhari never happen to us again.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by zedegit: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
It's not like people have a choice. I still withdrew 10k of old notes yesterday from the POS....The queue was even long.

Lol. POS or ATM?
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by otokx(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2023
Petrol is still 400 per litre in most parts of Port Harcourt.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Lovenorth: 9:13am On Feb 11, 2023
Throwback:

Why are you surprised?

Didn't the FG already confirm it would obey the Supreme Court?
Federal government is different from CBN grin
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2023
In Abuja some dey collect some dey reject

50/50

I used the old note this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2023
zedegit:

Lol. POS or ATM?
POS ooo, not ATM. We waited in front of POS stand. It's the only one working in the area.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by UncutSk(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2023
dyera:
No matter what Buhari is trying to achieve with the swap deadline, as long as Nigerians have not been able to exchange their old notes for new ones, there will be chaos across the country if banks stop accepting the old notes. Riots will ensue, banks will be burnt, struggling Nigerians will definitely not be willing to accept loss of tens of thousands of naira.

Modified: Just check the gas station close to me here in Benin, the first one is not accepting the old notes, while the second one is accepting it. People buying gas are leaving the first one and going to buy at the second one.
destroy any financial institution that refused to collect old notes
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by zedegit: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
POS ooo, not ATM. We waited in front of POS stand. It's the only one working in the area.

POS are the new Bugga crew. They charge as high as 20% fee on withdrawal now.

Yet customers are coming steady.
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by francom(m): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2023
It is senseless for people to reject it. CBN just informed that they do not have the paper to produce ₦200,₦500 & ₦1,000 notes, should Nigeria and Nigerians suffer for the inefficiency and lack of planning of our policy makers and CBN.
People should be wise not to reject it because it is still a legal tender in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Mubby4luv(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2023
I agree with you on that, people on the south are just wicked to their selves. I remember the issue of leather money, the won't accept it if it gets torn, cello taped or faded but in the north it is accepted. The old Notes are very much still in circulation here in Nasarawa.
NwokoloOwa:

Sabi sabi people

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by clinician2x: 9:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Kyase:

And the 65 years old youth is not an oldie right?
Continue to dey whine yourselves
Una eyes go clear 25th
They una think say Tinubu come to joke

How will our eyes clear after 25th?

Is it that u will be getting free new naira deposited in ur house, free fuel, uninterrupted power and good job while out own situation will be worse and worse?

You are a fool.

1 Like

Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by Moutine(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Still accepted..
Re: Are Old Notes Still Accepted In Your Area? by BABYBULLETIN: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2023
dyera:
No matter what Buhari is trying to achieve with the swap deadline, as long as Nigerians have not been able to exchange their old notes for new ones, there will be chaos across the country if banks stop accepting the old notes. Riots will ensue, banks will be burnt, struggling Nigerians will definitely not be willing to accept loss of tens of thousands of naira.

Modified: Just check the gas station close to me here in Benin, the first one is not accepting the old notes, while the second one is accepting it. People buying gas are leaving the first one and going to buy at the second one.
Na him loss be that..here in ph..people dey collect,buy and sell with old naira,no qualm..that is how life goes..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Become A Recharge Card Dealer? / CBN Fines UBA, Access Bank, Stanbic IBTC ₦100m For Hiding Crypto Deals / Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.