Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso (36615 Views)

Tinubu Will Lose 2023 Election If……. – APC Chairman, Adamu / Obi Can Only Win On Social Media - Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwaso Dismiss Poll Result / Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Racoon(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2023
The New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, presidential candidate, Rabiu Kwankwaso has identified the only step his counterpart from the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi must take to stand a chance of winning the presidential election.

Kwankwaso said Obi’s chances of winning the presidential election depends on a merger with him.
The NNPP presidential candidate spoke while appearing on Channels Television’s ‘The 2023 Verdict’ Friday evening.

According to Kwankwaso: “You see, I can tell you, and I’ve said it here on this chair when we were about to come together, and I said it that the only opportunity they (Labour Party) had was for us to come together.”

A few weeks ago, Kwankwaso disclosed why the proposed merger with Obi did not work out. The former Kano State governor said it failed because Obi’s LP was at the peak of a media hype.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/02/11/2023-peter-obi-can-only-win-presidential-election-if-we-come-together-kwankwaso/%3famp=1

Presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party,NNPP, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, says it’s quite unfortunate that the alliance between his party and Labour party didn’t materialise.Former Anambra state governor, Peter Obi, is the presidential candidate of the Labour Party.

Kwankwaso expressed his regret when he spoke at at a forum with the Nigerian Guild of Editors, NGE, and senior journalists in Lagos on Sunday.

Kwankwaso said if the alliance had worked there would not have been current contemplation that there might be a run-off presidential poll in 2023 because he and Obi would have won by a landslide.

He said the alliance didn’t see the light of the day because of the insistence of the Labour Party team that power must return to the south.

His words: “I thought the alliance would be good. If we had done that nobody will be talking about a second ballot in 2023. At our discussions the issue was who will be the presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate.

Both parties raised negotiation committees. Our team was led by Buba Galadima. The committees looked at age, educational qualification, office held and experience.

At the end the other committee did not want to go with this, they talked about power shifting to the South and to the South-East. Nigeria has gone beyond that, nobody can be president of Nigeria now based on ethnic and regional considerations.”
I Regret Not Forming Alliance With Peter Obi – Kwankwaso
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/i-regret-not-forming-alliance-with-peter-obi-kwankwaso

Presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Rabiu Kwankwaso has disclosed why he could not work with his counterpart from the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi.

Kwankwaso said he was interested in working with Obi, but they couldn’t reach a compromise on achieving an alliance. The former Kano State governor disclosed this in a tweet on Wednesday.

He said LP was at the peak of its media hype, and it made things difficult for both parties to reach a compromise. Kwankwaso maintained that his party has a wide appeal and commands national support.

“On the Labour Party, I was initially interested in working with them, but at that time, they were at the peak of the media hype and we couldn’t reach a compromise “Our party (NNPP) is a National Party, and we’re commanding the support of the masses,” he tweeted.

Last year, reports surfaced that Kwankwaso would form an alliance with Obi ahead of the 2023 presidential election. But, the negotiations between the two parties failed to yield a positive result
"I Was Interested" – Kwankwaso Breaks Silence On Working With Peter 
https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/19/2023-i-was-interested-kwankwaso-breaks-silence-on-working-with-peter-obi/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Pauldollars(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Its too late to cry Dr. Kwankwaso. You have seen the possibility of Peter Obi winning and you're trying to enter Obi's ship with bold face
Try again in 2027 after taking Andrew Liver salt grin

686 Likes 50 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Nwodosis(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2023
Obi has never mentioned Kwakwanso since the alliance failed but Kwakwanso has mentioned and attacked Obi more than a thousand times, Obi has moved on.
Kwakwanso is yet to admit that his greed and pride killed the alliance.

801 Likes 66 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2023
Kwankwaso should go and sit down somewhere. We don’t need him.

502 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2023
see what pride has done to this man now. He must be regretting his life for being deceived that he was somebody
in fact, it was Buba Galadima that deceived him

340 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Racoon(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2023
grin From "I Was Interested On Working With Peter Obi" to "I Regret Not Forming Alliance With Peter Obi" and now to "Peter Obi can only win presidential election if we come together." reality is clearer to him now.

This loquacious proud and bigoted ethno-religious supremacist is oblivious that the horse have long bolted away from the stable. Kwankwaso over rated himself and his pride have destroyed him.

392 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Massiveglory: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2023
grin
Kwankwanso don de humble.
Eye don clear say PODATTI movement is beyond the ordinary.

332 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by jmoore(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2023
Dude should go and rest. Kwakwanso influence is overated.

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Peterosky(m): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2023
Kwankwaso threw away his golden chance of being part of Aso Rock team by allowing pride take a better part of him, and now,he is wallowing in the ocean of regrets.Pride goeth before a fall.

277 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Asgard13: 11:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Northwest will likely step down for northeast..
Question can the southwest step down for southeast..

Screaming power must come south is not enough..
six geopolitical zones .. Nigeria has never been divided into North and south..

Power to the people ..
North2023

Atiku no get Opposition

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Ance4Liverpool: 11:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Peter Obi is the best man for the job

199 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by BossGerald: 11:49am On Feb 11, 2023
Kwankwaso shut up and continue doing the Lords work...divide those northern Muslim votes, shikena.

No dey yarn rubbish.

Vote OBI2023

275 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by FatherOfJesus: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Only? 🤣🤣

Obi will win you in northwest

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by BossGerald: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2023
This kwankwaso is very confused and overrated...just help us devide Muslim votes up north, no more no less.

Vote OBI2023

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Newton2024: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2023
Kwankwanso, the overrated Kano ethnic and religious bigot is still regretting the failed merger. It's obvious the guy is pained.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by 00FFT00(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2023
Peterosky:
Kwankwaso threw away his golden chance of being part of Aso Rock team by allowing pride take a better part of him, and now,he is wallowing in the ocean of regrets.Pride goeth before a fall.

It's not late yet. Even Saul was arrested by God on his way to Damascus.

Rabiu Kwankwaso can still purge himself of crass arrogance and pride. All he need to do is come out and tell his followers that he has seen the new light, and that light is with Peter Obi.

He and his people will have a befitting place in the new Nigeria we are working for.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by VoltageDivida(m): 11:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Too little too late for Kwankwaso. He was ill advised, I guess he never thought Obi movement would gather such momentum a and acceptance across the nation

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:55am On Feb 11, 2023
Nigerians are happy with Obi and Datti

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by madridguy(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2023
The former Kano State governor said it failed because Obi’s LP was at the peak of a media hype.

I wish someone can help me frame the bolded part. grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Peterosky(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2023
00FFT00:

It's not late yet. Even Saul was arrested by God on his way to Damascus.

Rabiu Kwankwaso can still purge himself of crass arrogance and pride. All he need to do is come out and tell his followers that he has seen the new light, and that light is with Peter Obi.

He and his people will have a befitting place in the new Nigeria we are working for.
.I just pray and hope that pride allow him do so.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Eriokanmi: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2023
Baba, its too late ooo. Try again next time grin. Its dawning on him now that the pdp is taking over some of his strongholds. E wan use Obi shine abi, laye!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Eriokanmi: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
Newton2024:
Kwankwanso, the overrated Kano ethnic and religious bigot is still regretting the failed merger. It's obvious the guy is pained.
I'm telling you. He didn't make that decision unilaterally to reject the merger in the first place. Some bigots like him backed him and now, he's crying like a baby. By now, he'd have been thanking his God cos after Obi, na him for enter.

May our head not reject anything good. Its a prayer we must be saying everyday cos only God knows what the future holds.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Treasure17(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
This man keep overating himself.

43 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Zelenskyy(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ok

But was RMK ready to be the vice presidential candidate to Peter Obi ?

The answer remains no

So RMK should forget about the dream alliance

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by obiekunie01: 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Somebody should pls tell kwankwaso to go home and nurse his loses silently.

AFTER OBI'S 8 YEARS, DATTI WILL DO HIS OWN 8 YEARS!

fact is obidients will be the new kingmakers.

whoever we support for any position will surely win it.

OBI HAS TAKEN THE POWER FROM THE CABALS AND GAVE IT TO THE YOUTHS OF THIS GREAT NATION.

And we will use tht power to lift this nation to be among the committee of great nations of the world.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Winnersunited: 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Racoon:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/02/11/2023-peter-obi-can-only-win-presidential-election-if-we-come-together-kwankwaso/%3famp=1

I Regret Not Forming Alliance With Peter Obi – Kwankwaso
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/i-regret-not-forming-alliance-with-peter-obi-kwankwaso

"I Was Interested" – Kwankwaso Breaks Silence On Working With Peter 
https://dailypost.ng/2023/01/19/2023-i-was-interested-kwankwaso-breaks-silence-on-working-with-peter-obi/
Honestly I believe it was a missed opportunity. Two of them would have changed the Political landscape of Nigeria. With the weight of experience of Mr PHD and the foresight of Mr Peter Obi, Nigeria would have benefited. Ego on the part of Mr PHD spoilt the arrangement. Lession from Joe Biden/Obama presidency to Politicians. Today Mr Biden is the ultimate beneficiary.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Ckonnet: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
Political miscalculation.

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Ckonnet: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
obiekunie01:
Somebody should pls tell kwankwaso to go home and nurse his loses silently.

AFTER OBI'S 8 YEARS, DATTI WILL DO HIS OWN 8 YEARS!

fact is obidients will be the new kingmakers.

whoever we support for any position will surely win it.

OBI HAS TAKEN THE POWER FROM THE CABALS AND GAVE IT TO THE YOUTHS OF THIS GREAT NATION.

And we will use tht power to lift this nation to be among the committee of great nations of the world.

That kwankwanso is a pure bigot, so he thinks it's a bad idea for power to shift to the south and with this he will never win election in Nigeria because the south will never support him.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by Indispensable85(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
In 2wks somethings will be clear for zombiediots to understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by SmartPolician: 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kwankwanso aka the President of Kano, please keep doing the Lord's work!

34 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by mytime24(f): 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Eeyaa

Na now day break

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Can Only Win Presidential Election If We Come Together – Kwankwaso by SaiOba: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Looks more likely HE RMK wants to drink Andrew Liver Salt before the Lord's work will come to an end.

Nigerians Vote Wisely..

Vote the man with Physical and MENTAL strength to lead Nigeria.

Vote Peter Obi For President..

45 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation / Shehu Sani ‏And MKO Abiola In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Moment Fight Broke At APC Ogun Rally, One Brutally Stabbed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.