Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption (12510 Views)

Currency Redesign Has Socio-economic Benefits –Obi / Fact Chek: Has NIN-SIM Integration Reduced Kidnapping As Claimed By Pantami? / Pantami: We Have Reduced Kidnapping, Banditry With NIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by omonnakoda: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ddokie:
It has actually

Do you have any figures to back this up?
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by litaninja(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
The same redesigned naira that bandits did tiktok videos with?
lmao.

Ddokie:
It has actually

The truth is that the long term benefits of this naira redesign and cashless policy are enormous. It will reduce kidnapping, corruption, robbery and the volatility of exchange rates. Above all, it will significantly reduce vote buying not just in 2023 but going forward. Meaning that we stand a better chance of having good leaders.

If you are close to politicians, you would have noticed that it is already hitting them very very hard. The idea that the politicians will always be able to lay their hands on as much new notes as they want is a fallacy. Dem no get cash again. And it will get worse for them in as the election approaches.

However, I blame Meffy for the hardship the common man is facing. They should have printed loads of fifty naira notes and filled bank vaults with them. That would have greatly eased the cash crunch, without creating an opening for corrupt politicians to exercise their enterprise due to the quantity of 50s they would require for execution.

Be that as it may, if the Supreme Court is unable to stop the implementation (I earnestly pray so), Nigerians should hang in there for the next 3 weeks to a month when the elections must have been over, then cash would be more available.

I am sure it will all end in praise.

The politicians don't have it. Believe me if they did, they won't be running around the whole place.

As per the bandits, they may have sources in the bank who changed some notes for them. But that's where it ends. The setback they would have is the inability of victims to source the raw cash they need for ransome. With time, kidnapping wouldn't be as lucrative as it was, and many of those guys will start looking for alternative sources of livelihood.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Japastic: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
obinna58:

They’ll be forced to care
Their option will have to be only transfer which is traceable

This cashless policy is good development but they have to stabilize it
Force to care what? These people are heartless, ready to kill and have been killing people, you only hear kidnap case that makes news headline.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by tobivague: 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Who tell you that one ?!
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Brushstrokes20: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
# usual bullocks for Brainless buffoons and doomed zombies undecided undecided

If he's sure of his senseless claims, I dare the senior advocate of NONSENSE to embark on a SOLO SOJOURN to sambisa, I wan check something...

The lifeless coward should confront the corrupt druggie head on rather than subject millions of innocent citizens to unwarranted hardship!

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Buharidgeneral: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
Babu sense malami
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by fohlarp: 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
incandescentena:
undecided

Who is fooling WHO?

Recently on social media, bandits/terrorists were boosting to have MORE of the new re-designed notes than the entire Nigerian state and iwhat the citizens have..

Wooden-headed politicians playing politics with people's lives
no be dye den dye am,fake cash dey are alrdy bn seen buyn rice with fake money at kano
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by lereinter(m): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
How can naira design stop kidnapping

Insecurity and lack of innovation by security personnel has made kidnapping to thrive
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by gabbasin: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
Are we going to continue like this, are we going to continue buying the naira? are we still going to be queuing up for cash in banks? Is the poor have to suffer because some few elements are into the crime of kidnapping? It's like saying we have to do without cash because we can be robbed of it. I don't see the end in sight of this cash crunch, it seems it's a deliberate policy to deny people of cash with the postulating of the justice minister
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by lereinter(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ddokie:
It has actually

The truth is that the long term benefits of this naira redesign and cashless policy are enormous. It will reduce kidnapping, corruption, robbery and the volatility of exchange rates. Above all, it will significantly reduce vote buying not just in 2023 but going forward. Meaning that we stand a better chance of having good leaders.

If you are close to politicians, you would have noticed that it is already hitting them very very hard. The idea that the politicians will always be able to lay their hands on as much new notes as they want is a fallacy. Dem no get cash again. And it will get worse for them in as the election approaches.

However, I blame Meffy for the hardship the common man is facing. They should have printed loads of fifty naira notes and filled bank vaults with them. That would have greatly eased the cash crunch, without creating an opening for corrupt politicians to exercise their enterprise due to the quantity of 50s they would require for execution.

Be that as it may, if the Supreme Court is unable to stop the implementation (I earnestly pray so), Nigerians should hang in there for the next 3 weeks to a month when the elections must have been over, then cash would be more available.

The politicians don't have it. Believe me if they did, they won't be running around the whole place.

As per the bandits, they may have sources in the bank who changed some notes for them. But that's where it ends. The setback they would have is the inability of victims to source the raw cash they need for ransome. With time, kidnapping wouldn't be as lucrative as it was, and many of those guys will start looking for alternative sources of livelihood.

Let kidnappers hold you or family that's when you will know cashless policy can't save you
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by bejeria101(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
What drugs does this man use?
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by bejeria101(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
lereinter:

Let kidnappers hold you or family that's when you will know cashless policy can't save you

You dey mind people wey no dey use their brain.

1 Like

Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by grandstar(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ddokie:
It has actually

A decorated donkey is still a donkey. A rotten policy is still a rotten policy.

You do not throw away the baby with the bathwater. That's what this Naira redesign policy is doing. It's devastating the economy.

Buhari's poor result at tackling corruption is primary his fault. His use puerile and mediocre tactics such as these are to blame.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by bejeria101(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na wetin no concern malami is what he pokes his nose into.

Werey oshi
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Gabbriell: 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2023

The court gave order without listening to government side but it fixed 15 February to hear from the government.

All this corrupt Judges, what do you think will happen to their years of stockpiled bribes?

This policy just scatter everywhere.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by obinna58(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
Japastic:
Force to care what? These people are heartless, ready to kill and have been killing people, you only hear kidnap case that makes news headline.
Forced to care about how to get their soul aim which is the money
Are you going kidnap someone knowing fully well the person paying doesn’t have the capability
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Pure bs
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Essien45: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
Who is fooling who?
We saw bandits with a stock of the new redesigned notes in a desert, so how did they get it?
Secondly, the videos of bank officials hoarding naira notes and selling to POS and individuals that can afford is called what?
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
lereinter:

Leave that guy make him dey yarn crap. How does this reduce kidnapping or robbery? It only makes it hard for some corrupt politicians to move bulk money at the moment

1 Like

Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by LikeAking: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ddokie:
It has actually

Abeg use ur brain dey reason before you talk.

Is naira d only currency in the world?

Una go dey believe any nonsense una hear.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by ihedioramma: 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2023
Islie:
Abubakar Malami, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice has said that the introduction of naira redesign policy by Central Bank of Nigeria…

https://dailytrust.com/naira-redesign-has-reduced-kidnapping-corruption-malami/

Total truth .
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Tvoice: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
Na thunder go romance u for d rest of ur life, na naira be d only money wey dem dey collect? malam idiot.
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by freemanq(m): 6:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Why don't introduce this Evil policy when kidnapping and was at the pick, why wait till now when your government is almost over before implementing this policy you term beautiful in your eye. I think something is not adding up my guess some people have already cash out big time before the introduction of dis wicked naira policy
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Tayorshd2(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Aufbauh:
Nobody is disputing the conceptual importance of the policy.
However it implementation and timing is thoughtless, dubious and insensitive.

Good policy implementation is meant to be for the good of the majority and not to suffer the majority for the sake of dealing with few unscrupulous elements.

God bless you

They lack good implementation and time

1 Like

Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Tayorshd2(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
freemanq:
Why don't introduce this Evil policy when kidnapping and was at the pick, why wait till now when your government is almost over before implementing this policy you term beautiful in your eye. I think something is not adding up my guess some people have already cash out big time before the introduction of dis wicked naira policy

God bless u now that the whole thing don reduce
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by Melonsmasher: 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2023
In this case we have to keep redesigning our notes every 4 months to continue fighting corruption and kidnapping!?!!
Foolish people
Re: Malami: Naira Redesign Has Reduced Kidnapping, Corruption by dontbothermuch: 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
Kidnapping yes, Corruption not sure yet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

S’ South May Get Deputy Senate Presidency – Oshiomhole / Insecurity: We Can’t Afford To Disappoint Nigerians ― Buhari / IPOB: South-East Governors To Soon Meet FG Over Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.