Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku (824 Views)

Buhari Support Groups Shun Tinubu Lagos Rally, Collapse Structures For Atiku / Yoruba APC Senator Dumps Tinubu Declare Support For Peter Obi / El-Rufai, Adamu, Buni, Others Shun Tinubu's Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by floret23(f): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2023

The Yoruba Elders’ Union has promised to rally support and canvass for votes for the former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, whom they say would recover Nigeria.

The move by the Yoruba elders might further promote the candidacy of the PDP flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar
Meanwhile, the move by the southwest leaders may adversely affect the chances of the APC flagbearer, Bola Tinubu and LP flagbearer, Peter Obi, in the forthcoming presidential election
A socio-cultural group of Yoruba leaders under the aegis of the Yoruba Elders’ Union (YEU) has declared support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

The Yoruba leaders urged all well-meaning Nigerians to vote for the former two-term Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the forthcoming 2023 presidential election.

Professor Muhammad Omolaja, the president of the Union, said that YEU considered all the presidential candidates from various political parties using, among other things, criteria such as competence, experience, health, and general acceptability of the candidates, a report by Daily Times confirmed.

What Atiku stands for Omolaja said that Abubakar Atiku stands out among the presidential candidates as regards competence and health.

Reno Omokri, one of the prominent chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and a strong supporter of Atiku Abubakar, the PDP presidential candidate, has pulled some stunts.

Omokri took to his Twitter page on Wednesday evening to state that if Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential flagbearer, could not lift people out of poverty when he was the governor of Anambra, how would he do that at the national level?

The former presidential aide then declared that if Bola Tinubu, the flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), had said that, Nigerians would have fallen for it.

Legit.ng earlier reported that the APC presidential campaign council has rejected the outcome of the Nextier poll that predicted victory for Peter Obi of the Labour Party in the 2023 election.

Bayo Onanuga, the media director of the APC PCC, alleged that the Patrick Okigbo-led organisation has some hidden agenda.

Onanuga stated that the 3000 sampling sample of the poll is very poor for an election where over 90 million people have registered to vote.
Source: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1519035-2023-presidency-fresh-headache-apc-yoruba-leaders-shun-tinubu-berates-obi-declare-support-atiku/

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by melonsgroup: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
When i was young i used to think the country that borders USA is USB
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
It's too late, if not Tinubu, it must be Obi. So, stop disturbing yourself. The presidency is coming to south. No to fulanization(RUGA).

The fact that the cabal are making live unbearable for the masses just to make way for Atiku indicates the fulanization agenda is still intact.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by floret23(f): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
We Yorubas are divided into two - one part is surpporting Peter Obi while the other part is surpporting Atiku. We have zero tolerance for Tinubu's style of politics.

Tinubu ti jented ti o mo grin I want to see how thugs and cultists will make him president.

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SecretSpy666: 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
There's no group like that. PDP just set up that group because Afenifere has endorsed Obi.

But why is Tinubu the only one that his own people are rejecting him?

Even Yoruba Muslims are afraid of their safety in a Muslim-muslim presidency

Yoruba ronu ooo. Ómò eni ni èni. Étè lè éni t' omó ónò
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
They play grin

if not Tinubu, it must be Obi. So, stop disturbing yourself. The presidency is coming to south. No to fulanization(RUGA).

The fact that the cabal are making live unbearable for the masses just to make way for Atiku indicates the fulanization agenda is still intact.

floret23:
We Yorubas are divided into two - one part is surpporting Peter Obi while the other part is surpporting Atiku. We have zero tolerance for Tinubu's style of politics.

Tinubu ti jented ti o mo grin I want to see how thugs and cultists will make him president.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by floret23(f): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
SoBright101:
They play grin

if not Tinubu, it must be Obi. So, stop disturbing yourself. The presidency is coming to south. No to fulanization(RUGA).

We yoruba Christians will never vote Tinubu on Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Newton2024: 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
SoBright101:
It's too late, if not Tinubu, it must be Obi. So, stop disturbing yourself. The presidency is coming to south. No to fulanization(RUGA).

Christians are not minorities, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Mu-Mu ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that before Satan will also purnish him.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by samuel900(m): 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
Which elders......thunder fire them all
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by limeta(f): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2023
What Atiku stands for Omolaja said that Abubakar Atiku stands out among the presidential candidates as regards competence and health.

You see why i hate so call stomach infrastructure elders .
Amala elders .

Vote wisely
Youths must take back the country.
Vote Obi

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
So mumuric represent Yoruba muslims. I don't need anyone to tell me you're an impersonator.

Humanity first before religion in southwest part of this country.

floret23:
We yoruba Christians will never vote Tinubu on Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Newton2024: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
SoBright101:
So mumuric represent Yoruba muslims. I don't need anyone to tell me you're an impersonator.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.

If you survive Buhari's government, you may not survive Thiefnubuu's Druggie-Terrorist ticket.
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Impersonator, religion comes last in any decision made by southwesterners.

Newton2024:
Christians are not minorities, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Mu-Mu ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that before Satan will also purnish him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2023
The more reason why i chose to support Tinubu. You haven't convince me how better your candidate is but cheap blackmailing of Tinubu. Name calling, character assassination is not enough to convince someone like me.

People now know where all these attacks are coming from. Don't think your identity is hidden.

Newton2024:
"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
As long as it is not Peter Obi, we don't want biafra war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Newton2024: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
SoBright101:
The more reason why i chose to support Tinubu. You haven't convince me how better your candidate is but cheap blackmailing of Tinubu. Name calling, character assassination is not enough to convince someone like me.

People now know where all these attacks are coming from. Don't think your identity is hidden.

No matter how you express your beef and anger against Peter Obi there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Zulum500: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
floret23:

Keep ruminating fake news..
E go purge you 😁🤔🤔🤣
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Zulum500: 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Newton2024:
No matter how you express your beef and anger against Peter Obi there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

7. When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

Gibberish and balderdash 🤔🤣😁
And increase poverty in anamubulas
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Zulum500: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
Newton2024:

If you survive Buhari's government, you may not survive Thiefnubuu's Druggie-Terrorist ticket.

Kikiki 🤣🤣😁
Na datti first cry 🤣🤣😁😁
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Is this all you can come up with?

Newton2024:

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by 9jahotblog: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii. Congratulations to Atiku Abubakar in advance. February 25th presidential poll must Obey
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Newton2024: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
SoBright101:
Is this all you can come up with?

Zulum500:

Gibberish and balderdash 🤔🤣😁
And increase poverty in anamubulas

Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice mi ni February 25 nitoripe Thiefnubuu ti lu'le patapata. I am also a card carrying member of PDP in Osun State but Peter Obi is my choice. With Peter Obi, a new Nigeria is POssible but urchins can't understand.
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by SoBright101: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ok, good for you.

Newton2024:

Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice mi ni February 25 nitoripe Thiefnubuu ti lu'le patapata. I am also a card carrying member of PDP in Osun State but Peter Obi is my choice. With Peter Obi, a new Nigeria is POssible but urchins can't understand.
Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by floret23(f): 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
SoBright101:

Re: Fresh Headache For APC As Yoruba Leaders Shun Tinubu, Declare Support For Atiku by Kaiser20: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
This one way all Nigerians dey avoid Tinubu like COVID-19 Pandemic even his own family members.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Election 2023: Hoodlums Attack Polling Units In Lekki / Meter Bypass As A Revolt To Election Irregularities / Keyamo's Lies On Tinubu's Drug Case Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.