Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity (6431 Views)

Naira, Fuel Crises: Lagos Begins Distribution Of Palliatives / Gbajabiamila: Saboteurs Behind Naira, Fuel Crises / Amid VAT Saga, States Sue FG Over Sharing Of Stamp Duty Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by OddsDoc(f): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
The Trade Union Congress has threatened to take “constitutional and legal” actions against the Federal Government over the naira scarcity and fuel price hike that the country is currently witnessing.

The national president of the trade union, Festus Osifo, at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday, noted that many Nigerians are “on the brink of financial collapse” due to the policy by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

He said, “The problem as you know is that Nigerians have been betrayed by the banking system which has been unable to pay them their money on demand.

“They have also been failed by the Federal Government which unilaterally decided to change the three highest denominations of the currency, fixed dates for the change, and is utterly incapable either to deliver on its promises or protect the populace from financial strangulation,” he said.

Proffering a solution to the issue of fuel scarcity and the planned hike in pump price, Osifo called for the construction of local refineries.

He said, “The lengthy explanations on why there are long queues at fuel stations and prices of PMS being far above the official price can no longer be tolerated. All we demand is that petrol returns to fuel stations and is available at the official price across the country.

“As we have often stated, the answer to the fuel shortage question, is the local refining of our petroleum product needs. Local refining would add value to our crude oil, provide local jobs and not only save us foreign exchange but would enable us earn far more income.”.

Osifo said, if the government refuse to settle the pressing issues, “The TUC has no choice but to defend the populace and prevent any tragic scenario or situation.

“In furtherance of this and should these issues not be resolved in the coming days, the TUC and its comrades in the labour and social movements would begin consultations with various groups in the country to work out democratic, constitutional and legal ways and means to save the populace and our beloved country.

“The constitution states that sovereignty belongs to the Nigerian people and that all powers in the country must derive their legitimacy from the People’s sovereignty.”
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/tuc-threatens-to-sue-fg-over-naira-fuel-scarcity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Houseontherock1: 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2023
According to the obidients, this suffering is awesome and any individual or organisation that speaks against it is corrupt. But thanks to the people who are bold enough to speak up! Emefailure and bubu are just confused! Roll out new notes or recirculate old ones; even the obidients are groaning in pain

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by jacobs2015: 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
Set of scammers.

Upon all the sufferings going on in this land, no warning strike from either NLC or TUC. Now talking of suing.

The way this regime pockets both union is unprecedented. Whatever hardship this government creates, we are ok with it.

What baffles me most is the set of ppl still defending and running campaigns for this government. It shows most Nigerians were born slaves even in their land.

I'm quite sure that is not ordinary. There are demons and spells at work over most ppl supporting them blindly. It's a spiritual thing.

I won't beg anybody to vote wisely, let's continue to vote blindly, all of us go hear am. The suffering just started.

But as for me and my household and the good hearted Nigerians who know the right thing and are ready to do it with their PVC, we shall never beg for bread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by freemanq(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
You just dey wake up in, since how many months of fuel scarcity you are realizing, and you want to go to the court ? I pity you people

5 Likes

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Emmanuella00(f): 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
Exactly o
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Enddy50ty(m): 5:28am On Feb 12, 2023
The
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2023
I don't know if there will be an election on the 25th of February.

4 Likes

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by orikoku: 5:30am On Feb 12, 2023
Toothless bull dog. Awon we*e

1 Like

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by MilesMaxwell: 5:31am On Feb 12, 2023
shocked
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by princeryle1: 5:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Ok
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by slytubadth(m): 5:31am On Feb 12, 2023
Odd people! Sue or strike? Abeg make una shut down this country.
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by sotall(m): 5:32am On Feb 12, 2023
Buhari
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by kushma(m): 5:32am On Feb 12, 2023
You want to sue Buhari or is it CBN governor? I laugh Shaa unserious set of fellows.

1 Like

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Kobicove(m): 5:33am On Feb 12, 2023
Suddenly everyone wants to take the Federal Government to court grin

1 Like

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Nukilia: 5:35am On Feb 12, 2023
Comedians grin
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Mandate2023: 5:40am On Feb 12, 2023
The present NLC are d most useless we ever had.....I trust oshiomole

Meanwhile ipigs r happy with d way things are coz dey believe if ppl suffer to get cash and petrol hoebi will have a chance of winning.....very useless set of ppl😂

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Bridget95(f): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2023
Houseontherock1:
According to the obidients, this suffering is awesome and any individual or organisation that speaks against it is corrupt. But thanks to the people who are bold enough to speak up! Emefailure and bubu are just confused! Roll out new notes or recirculate old ones; even the obidients are groaning in pain
you will not see shishi from thiefnubuu bullion van money
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by omowolewa: 5:45am On Feb 12, 2023
When did court start been the first line of struggle?

What happened to strike actions, let them start with ECOWAS court so we know they are joking fully
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by dododawa1: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2023
Nonsense TUC
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by KingKO22: 5:59am On Feb 12, 2023
Asiwaju will make a good leader

When he speaks everything falls in place

Give it to him

TUC are BATIFIED

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Parachoko: 6:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Sue or go on indefinite strike? 😕😕

4 Likes

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by kissdabride: 6:05am On Feb 12, 2023
jacobs2015:
Set of scammers.

Upon all the sufferings going on in this land, no warning strike from either NLC or TUC. Now talking of suing.

The way this regime pockets both union is unprecedented. Whatever hardship this government creates, we are ok with it.

What baffles me most is the set of ppl still defending and running campaigns for this government. It shows most Nigerians were born slaves even in their land.

I'm quite sure that is not ordinary. There are demons and spells at work over most ppl supporting them blindly. It's a spiritual thing.

I won't beg anybody to vote wisely, let's continue to vote blindly, all of us go hear am. The suffering just started.

But as for me and my household and the good hearted Nigerians who know the right thing and are ready to do it with their PVC, we shall never beg for bread.
As for.me and my household I will not beg for bread
Vote out APC
Vote out evil party apc
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by UncommonLogic: 6:09am On Feb 12, 2023
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary said there's nothing wrong with the cash scarcity.

They say na only Tinubu go feel am grin
Bunch of delusional retar@ded imb@cile IPOB Zombidient terrorist monkeys.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by bobolaga: 6:59am On Feb 12, 2023
All of you should stop this, which of TUC have power to shut down the nation for the eight years of hardship of APC rule in Nigeria but you guys did it to PDP government, all of you are coward in Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by Morenikeji090(m): 7:16am On Feb 12, 2023
Jonzing man
TOPCRUISE:
I don't know if there will be an election on the 25th of February.
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by 9gerian: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2023
The NLC has a new leader. They should avoid plenty talk and swing into concrete action using everything they have to save the economies of the bottom of the pyramid.

OddsDoc:

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/tuc-threatens-to-sue-fg-over-naira-fuel-scarcity
Re: TUC Threatens To Sue FG Over Naira, Fuel Scarcity by maasoap(m): 7:59am On Feb 12, 2023
Kobicove:
Suddenly everyone wants to take the Federal Government to court grin

Asiwaju has made them discover their courage. He leads, others follow. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Elite Buying Up London / Road To 2019; President Muhammadu Buhari Versus Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo / House Names 11-Member Committee To Probe Recovery Of Abacha Loot..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.