Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Life, A Beautiful Lie; Death, A Painful Truth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life, A Beautiful Lie; Death, A Painful Truth (135 Views)

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? / Life, A Beautiful Lie; Death, A Painful Truth / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life, A Beautiful Lie; Death, A Painful Truth by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:26am On Feb 12, 2023
In the wake of the ongoing events in Turkiye and Syria, several Lives have been lost within 17000 to 3000 and still counting based on different reports. Our hearts goes to them and every nations facing their her own peculiarities.

The poetry below was written few years back and I thought i should reshare to remind us of what is after us just as we are after life.

LIFE, A BEAUTIFUL LIE; DEATH, A PAINFUL TRUTH

Today I saw one, two, three bodies;
Bodies that were themselves helpless;
Helpless because they arrived in body bags;
Bags for those that have taken a great walk...

Today, I saw one, two, three bodies;
Bodies that took turns for a purification bath;
Bath not meant for a special occasion;
Occasion for those leading a path beyond...

Bodies that could take personal decisions;
Decisions of why, how, who, what, when, and whatever;
Whatever is now long departed from them...

Bodies whom are someone's else family;
Family as father, mother, children or other relations;
Relations that death have caused their separation...

Bodies that may have lived life, a beautiful lie;
Lie that made them forget the hereafter;
Hereafter, the eternal life after here...

Bodies that have tasted death, a painful truth;
Truth which is a destination of every soul;
Soul which returns finally to its creator, so prepare it...

IndigenousGenius

(1) (Reply)

Why Buying A Tiny Home Is The Ultimate Solution For Minimalist Living / Best Mind Mapping Software For Students / Philippine Mayor Gives Singles Extra Pay On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.