Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi (24464 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / At The Centre Of Our Campaign Will Be A Strong Desire To Serve The People - Obi / I’m Ready To Lay Down My Life For Nigeria – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Massiveglory: 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
So praising Lagos is now equivalent to praising Tinubu? Why didn't you bring fashola? Though a tribalist but a performer. What exactly did Tinubu build in Lagos?

Bro the headline is totally misleading.
PO twit and the urchin Seunmsg topic have no correlation.

The twit is praising the resilience of the Lagos obidients that trooped out enmass to stand for their political belief despite the actions of the hooligans.
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by pacespot(m): 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
Someone cannot say a complementary word to a state that hosted him and his rally in peace again, urchins have turned it into a campaign for their paymaster
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by 2mch(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I know some people will start rejoicing that he is praising Tinubu. Tinubu supporters reasoning can really be awkward.

We salute the remarkable impact of Babatunde Fashola in modelling the modern Lagos. Also kudos to Jakande for old Lagos. People like them should receive enough praise. Also thanks to Ambode for consolidating on his development agenda. Shame on Tinubu for discarding a performing governor like Ambode. If Tinubu support is the reason they are alluding Lagos development to him, then what of other South Western states where he also supported a governor?

Lagos have high IGR, high allocation, no rural distraction in development. Anyone praising Tinubu for Lagos development is shameful.

Why would Lagos not have high allocation? So we should make all the money which we share a lot with the other lazy 28 including your home state. As well as starve ourselves from allocation. Better return to your state and advice your Governor with this your vast experience wey nor help your Papa village.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Bimpe29: 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
Obi has stated the obvious (Obi ti soro soke).

Believe it or not, Tinubu can't be excluded from the modernity and developmental stride in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Emir01: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I know some people will start rejoicing that he is praising Tinubu. Tinubu supporters reasoning can really be awkward.

We salute the remarkable impact of Babatunde Fashola in modelling the modern Lagos. Also kudos to Jakande for old Lagos. People like them should receive enough praise. Also thanks to Ambode for consolidating on his development agenda. Shame on Tinubu for discarding a performing governor like Ambode. If Tinubu support is the reason they are alluding Lagos development to him, then what of other South Western states where he also supported a governor?

Lagos have high IGR, high allocation, no rural distraction in development. Anyone praising Tinubu for Lagos development is shameful.

Shut up. You don't have shame. Tinubu is the architect of modern Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by galaxy2020(m): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
I LOVE THE WAY OBI IGNORED OBA OF LAGOS AS IF THE MAN DOES NOT ASSIST, THE THING GO PAIN THE MAN REACH 8YEARS. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:
At least, the debate about the best governed state in Nigeria is over. Peter Obi himself has acknowledged Lagos and not Anambra or Adamawa as the best governed state in Nigeria. If you want good governance replicated all over Nigeria, vote for the man that instituted good governance in Lagos.

https://twitter.com/peterobi/status/1624477191684734979?s=46&t=2VRQ8SO05hoNvNVT_1qkug
Politics is not war to thorough bred men like Peter Obi. Only drug barons, mafians, looters, cultists, uncouth and slave masters like Tinubu runs his kpomo mouth like he runs his anus, abusing people.

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by chudez0147(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:
We thank Peter Obi for admitting the truth. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging those who are better than you. At least, he did not lie this time around. The werey even said “Eko Oni Baje”. He don dey form familiarity 🤣🤣🤣
Lagos is Nigerias biggest and best city. It is for all of us. It belongs to Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by micflo28(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
Why do people only ascribe lagos development to only Tinubu. Ambode was one of the best Governors ever to emerge in lagos. Nothing short of that.
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Okhuadams(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:
At least, the debate about the best governed state in Nigeria is over. Peter Obi himself has acknowledged Lagos and not Anambra or Adamawa as the best governed state in Nigeria. If you want good governance replicated all over Nigeria, vote for the man that instituted good governance in Lagos.

https://twitter.com/peterobi/status/1624477191684734979?s=46&t=2VRQ8SO05hoNvNVT_1qkug
Courtesy of the incoming President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by MrGerald(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Lagos has demonstrated why it is cosmopolitan and central to politics and good governance in Nigeria--- read in between the lines, what he meant is that Lagos plays a central role in Nigeria where politics and good governance are discussed because of it's cosmopolitan, the good results can still be achieved in another state
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Memphitz357: 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Gbadebo Rhodes of Labour Party will do better as Governor of Lagos State than Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the APC.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by truthfinder319: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
Who is taking this distant 4th man serious

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by gmo10(m): 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lol. Tinubu has won. That much is now obvious to those whose eyes are truly open excluding you and your IPObian brethren.

You lot are always the last to see you have lost the war. This is why you have been on the receiving end of many humiliating defeats in Nigeria's history with the most recent been the caging, in a "Zoo" jail, of your invincible god Kanu you told us is greater than Buhari and would conquer the might of Nigeria.

You similarly queued fanatically behind the loser called Ojukwu. You are doing the same again with the cowardly opportunist called Peter Obi.

Anyway, not long to wait for another crushing defeat for a people who always put all their eggs foolishly in one brittle and defective basket destined to disintegrate.
Your candidate is so old and ill that he suffers slurred speech and spurts gaffes and gibberish from time to time. That’s of course when he’s not licking the microphone or pissing himself.
You don’t mind having a mentally and physically incapacitated president as long as he’s from your tribe because you’re an ethnic champion and only care about the fleeting dopamine rush that comes with “crushing” your perceived political enemies.
But you and your kind need to understand that there’s those of us who don’t share in your neanderthal logic and would very much mind having a walking gaffe as president.
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by seunmsg(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
Acidosis:
Lagos is central to good governance

Lagos is the centre of good governance.

Where is the correlation?? Mischievous people and moderators seeking validation and confusion.

I love seeing you in tears 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2023
MaliCampus:
Standing on the mandate of someone that cannot stand on its own.See how they are wedging him not to fall...
Educated illiterate litters South West. This election really exposed so many things.

Is that all?
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by DesignMaestro(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Dsalvo:

You people need to get a life. Denying factual reality, that the entire universe accepts, just makes you appear deceitful and a chronic hater.

Go and argue with Princeton and Co for the many dissertation done on the 'founder' of the modern lagos under their "Innovations for successful societies" research publications.

Only in Nigeria inhuman hate for others makes many deny the factual truth they lived through. When the rest of the civilised and developed world see white yet many in Nigeria announce they see black then it is obvious some Nigerians are chronic haters and sadists incapable of admitting the truth or giving credit to whom it is due.

https://successfulsocieties.princeton.edu/publications/remaking-neglected-megacity-civic-transformation-lagos-state-1999-2012

I created a thread here on this Princeton piece some months ago (I think it is just after APC primary election) but the mods refused to take it to front page.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by 2mch(m): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
DesignMaestro:

I created a thread here on this Princeton piece some months ago (I think it is just after APC primary election) but the mods refused to take it to front page.
Seun was bullied by Igbo’s on NL for having anti-igbo agenda. So he changed his mods. He needs to review those who have access to push things to FP or he has the final say in who does.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by morocco97(m): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Sorry o. Hate Analyst Isonu
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Acidosis(m): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:

I love seeing you in tears 🤣🤣🤣

Lies and propaganda won't save you and your ancient demagogue on the 25th of February. cheesy
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by InvertedHammer: 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:

/

So Lagos State is Tinubu State?

Some of you deserve to be in Nigeria indeed.

It is an insult to those that came before Tinubu after Independence: Mobolaji Johnson, Adekunle Lawal, Ndubisi Kanu, Ebitu Ukiwe, Lateef jakande, Commodore Mudashiru, Mike Akhigbe, Brig. Rasaki, Michael Otedola, Col Oyinlola, Col. Marwa.

Let's not even think about those that managed Lagos from 1914 to 1967.

Below is an aerial picture of Lagos Harbour in 1974:

/

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by DesignMaestro(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
2mch:

Seun was bullied by Igbo’s on NL for having anti-igbo agenda. So he changed his mods. He needs to review those who have access to push things to FP or he has the final say in who does.
I thought I'm the only one that noticed this. Things changed after the zombidient miscreants bombarded the forum with wailing over 'marginalisation' and accusation of 'bot likes' generated by Tinubu supporters.

I've recently created two threads about Lagos red line rail project which were both sent to oblivion just few hours after posting them. I have realized that they deliberately hide posts that seems to promote the image of Bola Tinubu and hastely push any propaganda that promotes Obi or ridicules BAT to front page.

As for me, I don't take them serious anymore. I'm only here for cruise. I know they have cowed Seun to submission and he's now dancing to their tune. Their eyes will be cleared after Feb. 25.
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Ijoba85: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
Before writing nonsense like this , you have a phone , why don't you browse who built the modern Lagos you see today....You better don't die of hatred for that man called Tinubu
SpecialAdviser:

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by saintrow1: 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Kayrich(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Guy hatred no go kill ur life oo. When Pmb was bringing rail project across the country to life, u said Jonathan started it. Lagos/Ibadan express way, porharcourt/Enugu expressway, 2nd Naija bridge and co, it’s still Jonathan has paid for it and pmb shouldn’t take the glory.
What’s the problem with you people, all blue prints Asiwaju worked tiredlessly which you all saw when he was negotiating the contract as well as how he has make sure his successors continue on it were all blind to you now.
The Lagos rail line project, the BRT scheme, Lekki/epe corridor opportunities, the free trade zone of ibeju lekki, mass employment through lasma, Kai now Neighbour corps, lamata etc, taming of the Eko Atlantic Ocean into what it is today and others are all what Asiwaju brought into Lagos state and was maintained because he was able to succeed in bringing successors. What’s ur problem.
Could someone list like this above what other candidates were able to do if not achieve them at least show us that u started it and ur successors were able to continue the legacies.
I know it’s hated and I prayed it won’t kill una one day.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by saintrow1: 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2023
seunmsg:
We thank Peter Obi for admitting the truth. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging those who are better than you. At least, he did not lie this time around. The werey even said “Eko Oni Baje”. He don dey form familiarity 🤣🤣🤣

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by HandsomeBlack: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

If Tinubu support is the reason they are alluding Lagos development to him, then what of other South Western states where he also supported a governor?

Very good point you made here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by ElSudani: 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
He was merely stating the obvious. We want Nigeria to become the new reference point for good governance in Africa and this is why we want Asiwaju.
We thank Obi for admitting what we all know to be true.
Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
DesignMaestro:

They'll never take it to front page because they know it may cure some Nigerians of their ignorance to then assist them make the right choice, per Presidential candidate, instead of the garbage most discuss about here.

Seun and his mods have their own agenda so just let it slide bro. I personally don't give a toss about anything or anyone on NL.

I am only interested in Nigeria's progress or at least parts/regions of our nation that show readiness to work for development,

To that end Nairaland is a take it or leave it consideration as far as I am concerned. Nothing the mods do bothers me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Glare247(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:
So praising Lagos is now equivalent to praising Tinubu? Why didn't you bring fashola? Though a tribalist but a performer. What exactly did Tinubu build in Lagos?
How old are u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch / Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo) / 12 Ways APC Wants Nigeria To Be Restructured,among Is Merging & State Creation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.