Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims (245 Views)

How To Safely Manage Your Appliances To Avoid Electrocution / S3x Video: Chrisland Girl Apologises / How Electrocution Almost Sent This Man To An Early Grave In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by Strangle: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
The father of the 12-year-old Chrisland International School student, Whitney Adeniran, who allegedly died during the school inter-house sports events in Lagos has said his daughter died of electrocution.

Dr. Michael Adeniran made the claim in an interview with the BBC Pidgin on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the school management in a statement on Sunday said the deceased slumped in “public view and not under any hidden circumstances,” adding that she was rushed to the nearest medical facility for first aid.

“Our immediate response was to take advantage of proximity to first aid, by identifying the nearest medical facility to take her to, where the doctor on duty, administered oxygen and every aid possible on her,” the school added.

This came after a viral video showing Whitney’s mother calling for justice and asking Chrisland to explain what happened to her daughter.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that Whitney’s father had taken to social media on Saturday night to demand a probe into the death of his daughter, calling on the Lagos State Government and the police to intervene in the matter.

He also demanded that Chrisland should explain what actually happened to his daughter, adding that she had no health condition or sickness as of the time the school bus picked her up for the event.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, while confirming the incident said, “The matter was reported to the police immediately after the incident occurred.The case is presently at the State Criminal Investigation Department and an autopsy is going to be carried out to know the circumstances that led to her death. That’s all the update I have for now.”

Speaking on Sunday, Whitney’s father claimed her daughter “died from naked wire from one cotton candy vendor machine after she touched it and she was electrocuted immediately she leaned on it.”

He claimed water was poured on her which allegedly killed her immediately.

“I have documented evidence that my child died from electrocution and it was not Cardiac arrest,” he said.

“She was hale and hearty, she was not sick. And let me state it clearly, by the time I saw her corpse, her lips and tongue had already turned black,” Adeniran told BBC Pidgin.

Adeniran said his daughter’s school mates told his family that his daughter allegedly died from electrocution, saying he got the information from a chat group his daughter belonged.
The PUNCH reports that a voice note suspected to be that of a pupil who witnessed the tragic incident has gone viral, where it was  said that Whitney stepped on a naked wire from a candy cotton machine.
Mynd44.
Lalasticlala.
dominique.
Nlpfmod.
mukina2.

Source
Re: Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by ucheheart(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2023
Wrong people are running Nigerian educational system these days.
Re: Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by Osesbrainwave(m): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2023
It is well
Re: Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by DWJOBScom(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2023
I think the man is talking too much
Let's not use emotion and destroy a credible organisation.
Allow autopsy you refused that you don't trust the government
Then keep quiet
Re: Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
DWJOBScom:
I think the man is talking too much
Let's not use emotion and destroy a credible organisation.
Allow autopsy you refused that you don't trust the government
Then keep quiet
In what universe is Chrisland "credible"? In what universe?

This is a school that defended one of its teachers convicted of sexually assaulting a child to the extent of sponsoring public attacks against the parents and kid in question.

On this recent death, the red flags concerning the school are too big and numerous to ignore. I have no sympathy for family who still send their wards to that school despite the reputation the institution has kept over the years.

If you feel that saying "My kid attends Chrisland" is a bigger flex than having your kids alive or healthy, be ready to face the consequences. ✌🏾
Re: Chrisland: My Daughter Died Of Electrocution, Father Claims by DWJOBScom(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

In what universe is Chrisland "credible"? In what universe?

This is a school that defended one of its teachers convicted of sexually assaulting a child to the extent of sponsoring public attacks against the parents and kid in question.

On this recent death, the red flags concerning the school are too big and numerous to ignore. I have no sympathy for family who still send their wards to that school despite the reputation the institution has kept over the years.

If you feel that saying "My kid attends Chrisland" is a bigger flex than having your kids alive or healthy, be ready to face the consequences. ✌🏾

Allow autopsy on the corpse
Let's have credible data

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election Results: Live State Collation / Sensational Hype Man, Big Smart Oche Making Nigeria Proud Globally / “No Apologies, I Am Attracted To Men Of God,” Says Rising Actress Sapphire Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.