Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41112 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by designoutlook: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
great trend you can get great deals on solar inverters in nigeria via our website https://infiniteecotech.com/solar-inverter-price-in-nigeria/
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by anthonex(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rubyjade:
Good evening Sir,
What type of batteries do you want?
Lithium Batteries

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Stanweezy(m): 8:13am On Aug 24, 2023
favoryt:
Hello here. Please I really need some help here.

I installed this inverter and battery in November last year for my remote job. I didn't install solar panels because we normally have up to 18 hours power supply in my area except on some bad days when power could go off for 2 days or more.

I use it to power just my work laptop and phone and it normally stay up to 2days or more before draining out. I work 9-5. I don't use it to power any other electronics, not even my bulbs.

All of a sudden in April, the battery stopped charging, when I informed the guy who fixed it I was told the inverter is bad, that high current led to it, even though we didn't experience any high current situation in my area during that time. He said I'll need to buy an external battery charger which I bought and have been using.

Problem is, since I started charging with the external charger the battery no longer last beyond 2 hours before it drains out and this is really affecting my job.

I have informed the guy who installed it but he's not proferring any solution.

Please I need help on what to do to get it to last 2 days+ as it used to as this is affecting my job badly.

No matter how NEPA gives light in ur area it's always not advisable to install inverter without Solar Panels bkus National grid can collapse anyday without warning and when that happens, all the load will be on battery which is too bad for it.

I suggest u install solar panels since ur work duration is 9-5pm which happens to be during day time, the sun will be in charge of ur power usage instead of battery.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by CooldipoMPS: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Stanweezy:

No matter how NEPA gives light in ur area it's always not advisable to install inverter without Solar Panels bkus National grid can collapse anyday without warning and when that happens, all the load will be on battery which is too bad for it.

I suggest u install solar panels since ur work duration is 9-5pm which happens to be during day time, the sun will be in charge of ur power usage instead of battery.

Install lithium battery, only then can you have the peace of mind and except longevity from your battery. Should you or anyone else need Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery and Powerbank for Laptop, don't hesitate to contact us. We are spreading the good news of Lithium, one customer a time

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by CooldipoMPS: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
5pecterGray:

Please whats the cost to get one of these for a room.

Under 200k can fix that, You.can get in touch on whatsapp +2348065316307
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Stanweezy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
CooldipoMPS:

Install lithium battery, only then can you have the peace of mind and except longevity from your battery. Should you or anyone else need Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery and Powerbank for Laptop, don't hesitate to contact us. We are spreading the good news of Lithium, one customer a time

Business man not everyone can afford Lithium battery, economically wise, Solar panels would have saved her from this loss

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by CooldipoMPS: 1:07am On Aug 26, 2023
Stanweezy:

Business man not everyone can afford Lithium battery, economically wise, Solar panels would have saved her from this loss

Sir but on the long run she will end up spending more, longetivity is one of the reasons why LiFePo4 is the best option! I agree with you that solar and day light usage makes lead acid an option but the price margin is really close now.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Rubyjade: 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
anthonex:

Lithium Batteries
We are talking of 1.5million or more call Engr Chidi +234 708 889 5150
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ibietela2(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mynd44:
Your setup is similar what I used until 2021.

4 320w panels
2.5 KVA inverter and 40A charge controller.
2 dry cell 200amps batteries
It served me well, I used my freezer with it and all the appliances.

Cost: About 650,000 but this was just before lockdown. The week before lockdown

But in 2021, I got an AC and decided to improve on my existing system so I let go the inverter, batteries and charge controller then added more panelspp

Now I run a 5 KVA inverter, 8 320w panels, 60a charge controller and 2 200amps flooded batteries.

It serves the whole flat, freezer, fridge, AC and microwave (all in the afternoon) by 5 I turn it all off and stick to just fans, TV and light bulbs and so.

Oh, I also use mine with my pressing iron but in the afternoon and in extreme conditions

Cost: I really can't say cos everything has gone up now
But then the inverter cost 196k
Each panel (first 4 35k each, last 4, 65k each)
Batteries 140k each
Charge controller 100,000
Rack 20k
Installation, fuse box etc 65k
I have cables at home.

Although I turn off my whole system by 6pm and turn it back on by 8:30 (just cos I might need to get air outside or something)

But when I travel, I leave the unit on and put just the freezer on it. And I can actually go off-grid completely

Even my sugar mummy sponsors get jealous

First picture is my new system.
Second is my old systen

nice
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ibietela2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
NothingDoMe:
I use 34 solar panels on two separate installations: Backup and Primary

24 of those panels serve a 5kva inverter with 8 batteries(Flooded). 24Γ—350w

10 panels serve a 3.5kva inverter with 4 flooded batteries. 10x250w

I previously used dry cells for the 3.5kva inverter. After about 3 years I left them unattended and connected to the solar grid. They got swollen. Sold them 10k each.

I used 3 controllers for this installation. One ePever and two Yohako. I do not like the Yohako controllers because they have limited tracking functions and basic UI. The cost difference between both is wide.

I use 2 fridges, 1 freezer, lights, surface water pump, and other stuff. I tried LG inverter AC recently but it drains like crazy. However the 8 battery bank was able to sustain it at night for 3hrs before it hit the low volatge cut off. Best to use the AC when the sun is up.

All household equipments are mostly inverter friendly LG/Hisense. The inverter tag on those equipment doesn't mean they won't draw power. They eliminate the start up current draw and are better at power management.

The installation is such that I can change over power from one battery bank to the other at will but manually. I've just bought an automatic changeover for them made by the Chinese and not sure if it will last.

Oh, because the sun changes trajectory throughout the year it affects my solar output because of the roof design. So I put 24 panels on one side and the other 10 panels on the other side.

Modified: if you use a slanted roof I recommend you go online to check the sun trajectory for the year. Most of those sites can narrow it down to your location. There's Suncalc and others. Don't be like me that was caught unawares. You won't like yourself after spending so much money and its not working as expected.🀣

Also ensure you have a proper lighting arrestor for tall buildings and also properly earth your inverter. I've been visited by lightning many times until I learned.

Interesting

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Puvo: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Anybody have an experience with smarten 1kva inverter?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Jonecbosco(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2023
Good afternoon

What is the capacity of solar/inverter needed to power these
about 18 energy bulbs
2 standing fans
2 fridges
1AC
1washing machine
2TV
Sockets for charging of phones

Thank you
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Rubyjade: 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Jonecbosco:
Good afternoon

about 18 energy bulbs
2 standing fans
2 fridges
1AC
1washing machine
2TV

Thank you
I would advise 5kva
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by izzyboi(m): 4:40am On Oct 01, 2023
Solar installation was just set up in my hostel room

This are the specifications
65ah PS Power Battery
180W solar panel
500W solar inverter
30A Charge controller

My load:
3 bulbs (5W each)
19.5V Hp laptop
Android device

Going through this thread, I've discovered my battery is a dry cell. Please how can I maximise this setup and make it last as long as possible?
@twinskenny
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by twinskenny(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I eventually got 8panels, 4batteries and 5kva inverter for 1.9m

Good deal.. what kind of battery though and also the size of the panel
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by twinskenny(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2023
obailala:
Everyone on this thread seems to agree that Lithium batteries are more expensive and more reliable but no one seems to have mentioned the actual cost of these lithium batteries.

What are the lithium batteries like and how much do they really cost?

Depends 10kva is around 1.450m
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 1:14am On Oct 07, 2023
Jonecbosco:
Good afternoon

about 18 energy bulbs
2 standing fans
2 fridges
1AC
1washing machine
2TV

Thank you

Hope the AC and washing machine are both inverter AC and inverter washing machine?

Hope the standing fan is not Ox fan?

If your answer is yes then go for 5kva inverter
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by chiomzy86(f): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
Compliant:

Hope the AC and washing machine are both inverter AC and inverter washing machine?

Hope the standing fan is not Ox fan?

If your answer is yes then go for 5kva inverter

How much is d present price?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by rrkk(m): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Coask
Someone should please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ respond. Thank you.

johnyace:
Does anyone have an idea of how much a setup that would power just a laptop and a light bulb would cost?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by smileyface22: 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Which inverter /battery product is the best? Star plus or Afripower? Thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Laughnow419: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
Jonecbosco:
Good afternoon

about 18 energy bulbs
2 standing fans
2 fridges
1AC
1washing machine
2TV

Thank you

I am a fan of plug and play. This is my thread the one I bought 1.2m when they were on promo price
https://www.nairaland.com/7913296/bought-powerbank-1.2-million-naira
in this case I will advice you to go for Bluetti...

Bluetti ep500pro has extreme solar or ac charging of 2800 watts. Getting you from 0-100 in less than 2 hours wether from nepa or solar panels.
It also supports usage while charging.
It is an extremely smart unit. It is portable meaning your enjoyment no dey finish. After using it in the office with your fridges you can still take it home and continue enjoyment. I dont want to go on and on let it not look like am advertising for bluetti.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01
After enjoying my 3.5kva inverter for 1 year plus , few days ago I decided to increase capacity to 5kva with 8 panels.

It’s now uninterrupted power
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by FILEBE(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01
Compliant:
After enjoying my 3.5kva inverter for 1 year plus , few days ago I decided to increase capacity to 5kva with 8 panels.

It’s now uninterrupted power

Please , I will like to private message you. Anyhow i can do that? It's about getting an inverter.

Will be getting one soon, so, I will need your guidance
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05
FILEBE:

Please , I will like to private message you. Anyhow i can do that? It's about getting an inverter.

Will be getting one soon, so, I will need your guidance

If it’s just to ask one or two about getting an inverter then you can WhatsApp on 081 37eight four three three six six
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Rubyjade: 8:35pm On Jan 06
rrkk:
Coask
Someone should please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ respond. Thank you.

Roughly 350k
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Rubyjade: 8:35pm On Jan 06
Jonecbosco:
Good afternoon

about 18 energy bulbs
2 standing fans
2 fridges
1AC
1washing machine
2TV

Thank you
5kva
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by rrkk(m): 12:30am On Jan 07
Thank you. Any recommendations?
Rubyjade:
Roughly 350k

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Rubyjade: 12:23pm On Jan 07
rrkk:
Thank you. Any recommendations?
Call engr aliu +234 703 672 9022
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by macbeyland(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11
Good afternoon great people.

Please if I want to purchase locally built Lithium Battery for a 5kV Inverter, ideally, what capacity of battery will be suitable?

I have a 55 inch tv
8 energy light bulbs
3 ceiling fans
AC
Deep freezer
Washing machine.
Water dispenser
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by tivta(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11
Laughnow419:

I am a fan of plug and play. This is my thread the one I bought 1.2m when they were on promo price
https://www.nairaland.com/7913296/bought-powerbank-1.2-million-naira
in this case I will advice you to go for Bluetti...

Bluetti ep500pro has extreme solar or ac charging of 2800 watts. Getting you from 0-100 in less than 2 hours wether from nepa or solar panels.
It also supports usage while charging.
It is an extremely smart unit. It is portable meaning your enjoyment no dey finish. After using it in the office with your fridges you can still take it home and continue enjoyment. I dont want to go on and on let it not look like am advertising for bluetti.

You forgot to mention it has 6000 recharge cycles from 1-100
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by PotatoSalad(m): 3:08pm On Jan 11
macbeyland:
Good afternoon great people.

Please if I want to purchase locally built Lithium Battery for a 5kV Inverter, ideally, what capacity of battery will be suitable?

I have a 55 inch tv
8 energy light bulbs
3 ceiling fans
AC
Deep freezer
Washing machine.
Water dispenser
173ah 48v
200ah 48v
That's if you are running a 48v system
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by macbeyland(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12
PotatoSalad:

173ah 48v
200ah 48v
That's if you are running a 48v system

Thanks for your response. Please how many of the batteries I'll have to build ideally and what's the cost per piece?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement / How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.