Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41145 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by AmuRubber(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
oladele00:
It's the best. I have got one installed in my place and since I work from home, I make use of it from 9 am to 4 pm. Once it's 4 pm, I switch it off and on it around 7 pm, watch movies from 7 to 10, off the tv, and make use of the Dc fan till the morning. It's the way to go. No government will do this for you
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Baselm: 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
I just remember one thing now, OX INDUSTRIAL FAN is an enemy of inverter

This is true. I recently had a 5KVA inverter installed and on a certain night my battery was drained by my Ox industrial fan. My installer told me to not use it again and my inverter has been doing fine, it hardly drops a bar.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
kingyang:

Lithium Battery, depends on the make and cycle , will last for 10 to 15 years if use correctly. Lithium is way better . I'm using mine with peace of mind, no solar panels yet.
So how do you charge it
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Yes the rain helps. My problem with rain is sometimes you get something like the picture below.

I guess it becomes a problem as the solar panel ages and several layers of dusts acccumulate

This can be annoying. It happens when the rain just showers lightly.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by zeestone99(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
When it comes to solar power, you want to be looking at three things which are
Storage
Generation
Consumption.

Personally I tend to tackle storage and consumption very well.

For storage, you can't get it right without quality batteries and trust me they don't come cheap. The problem is majority installers use the cheap battery options so they can offer a better deal. You all know Nigerians will always go for the cheapest option, they compromise quality and cry later.

Consumption: just assume you are using prepaid meter, you don't want be to always run down your units everytime(same scenario plays for invertes) . For this to happen you have to take into consideration low consumption appliances. I'm talking about using led TV's(less than 100w) instead of LCD(250w or more) , going for low consumption fans(40w) instead of the industrial fans like ox ( they gulp 150w or more). Imagine one ox fan will power 4 to 5 energy efficient fans. Use led bulbs ( 5w,10w).
Infact whenever I'm buying a new appliance, I go along with my wattsmeter. This help me measure the consumption of the device I'm buying. I get to choose efficient devices this way.

Generation: this part is you having enough solar panels to serve your day and night consumption. It serves your day loads and also stores enough power in your batteries to use at night. The cycles goes on and on and on like that.

we can help you design solar power to suit your needs.

We also sell solar power equipments such as solar panels , inverters, charge controllers , lithium batteries and any other installation accessories you could think of.

For further enquires
Call/chat - 08117398294

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by johnyace(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Does anyone have an idea of how much a setup that would power just a laptop and a light bulb would cost?

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
123readygo:

How much is it and where can i get one
5kva is 1.2 million. I don't know about other capacities. It was totally built in Nsukka Enugu state. The university town. The name and contact of the builder is Daniel 07061636682. He is also a software engineer and can program whatever you want into it.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by iyke2frankeze: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
123readygo:

How much is it and where can i get one
5kva is 1.2 million. I don't know about other capacities. It was totally built in Nsukka Enugu state. The university town. The name and contact of the builder is Daniel 07061636682. He is also a software engineer and can program whatever you want into it to meet your needs.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jjxxx: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?

With this same 3kva inverter, u can power ur deep freezer bro. All u need to do is to add more panels to this one. Since it is a 280w panel, u will need extra 6 to make it 10 for it to power ur freezer without draining ur battery. But make sure to turn off the freezer by say 4pm. That’s is how I use mine. I am an installer with over 8 years experience. I use solar in my home. U can WhatsApp me on zero7zero6473174three. WhatsApp online. I can guide or advice u much about solar. It’s the best investment u can ever make on power. I base in delta state but I do installation in all part of the nation.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by jjxxx: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2023
zeestone99:
When it comes to solar power, you want to be looking at three things which are
Storage
Generation
Consumption.

Personally I tend to tackle storage and consumption very well.

For storage, you can't get it right without quality batteries and trust me they don't come cheap. The problem is majority installers use the cheap battery options so they can offer a better deal. You all know Nigerians will always go for the cheapest option, they compromise quality and cry later.

Consumption: just assume you are using prepaid meter, you don't want be to always run down your units everytime(same scenario plays for invertes) . For this to happen you have to take into consideration low consumption appliances. I'm talking about using led TV's(less than 100w) instead of LCD(250w or more) , going for low consumption fans(40w) instead of the industrial fans like ox ( they gulp 150w or more). Imagine one ox fan will power 4 to 5 energy efficient fans. Use led bulbs ( 5w,10w).
Infact whenever I'm buying a new appliance, I go along with my wattsmeter. This help me measure the consumption of the device I'm buying. I get to choose efficient devices this way.

Generation: this part is you having enough solar panels to serve your day and night consumption. It serves your day loads and also stores enough power in your batteries to use at night. The cycles goes on and on and on like that.

we can help you design solar power to suit your needs.

We also sell solar power equipments such as solar panels , inverters, charge controllers , lithium batteries and any other installation accessories you could think of.

For further enquires
Call/chat - 08117398294

You are very correct. U truly are into solar. Many customers prefers installers that gives a cheap quotation. I do encounter this problem always. The funniest thing is that they still run to me for help after installing a cheap solar system from another installer. One thing with me is that I do not compromise quality. If u can’t afford my quotation, it’s good u find an installer that will do a cheap job for u and u cry later. So I have my reputation. All I have installed for boldly recommend me.
Now imagine using 4 panels of 280w for two 200ah batteries. Except the user is using very few load during the day. 280Wx4 is 1120w. And panel is not 100% efficient. So u can not generate up to 1120w power from that panel. Let me stop here to avoid long note.
Thank u for ur input, u know the work.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Flooded batteries
Batteries 140k each

Greetings. This battery is like how much now as I am planning getting 2 or 4 new batteries

Thanks
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:
When you gobinverter, you have to buy appliances by the power ratings. Those 100 or 60 watts bulbs have to go. I use the 5 watts bulbs now

Inverter AC, Refrigerator and freezer.

I have about 5 fans all low energy(60 watts).

Even my microwave is inverter type so you don't drain all the power you have

True talk

Please kindly share picture of the type of fan.

Let me buy some
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:

How is that even possible? Things dey happen for this life o. My own dropped drastically after one year. I still use it in the afternoon with panel but once sun go down, it won't last 30 minutes. Something that used to last 10 hours on my normal full load. It's going to 3 years now.

Some sellers I complained to told me that it doesn't usually last more than a year
Mine never goes off. Or go below 30%

This reduces the number of charge/discharge cycles it counts

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheMensch:
I love solar
People that live in South south with excess rain during the rainy days, does the solar give any issues?

it rains everywhere.

Just size your panels & Batteries accordingly and rains shouldn't be (much) problem.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Hmmm. The makers of the panels do recommend regular cleaning though. I had the 10 panels for 5 years before cleaning them.

Even the instalation guy was skeptical about my cleaning request but I insisted. He later testified to the amount of dirt on the panels. We later washed them when I opted for relocating the panels.

You might want to give it a try if you've had the panels for that long.

I created a rainFountain around mine. I used 6pcs showerHead all connected to hose and runs down the building. During harmattan season, or during prolonged absence of rain, I just connect the hose to the tap and that cleans the panels automatically. Me no fit dey rent ladder to climb roof everytime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
xynerise:

How long can one battery last?

With about 8 bulbs on from 6:30pm to 6:30am no single bar will leave the inverter, mind you my inverter has 4 bar
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

True talk

Please kindly share picture of the type of fan.

Let me buy some

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
adekennis:
Pls contact me for your affordable inverter solutions. I can install for you before payment if we are going to agreement on payment or give me postdated check or bank draft. I use the best components.

Please post your offer here on the open you never know who and how will be interested as I am not a fan of PLS CONTACT ME FOR YOUR AFFORDABLE INVERTER SOLUTION.

Thank you Sir
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

With about 8 bulbs on from 6:30pm to 6:30am no single bar will leave the inverter, mind you my inverter has 4 bar

But why will you turn on 8 bulbs na?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:

How is that even possible? Things dey happen for this life o. My own dropped drastically after one year. I still use it in the afternoon with panel but once sun go down, it won't last 30 minutes. Something that used to last 10 hours on my normal full load. It's going to 3 years now.

Some sellers I complained to told me that it doesn't usually last more than a year

Battery is either low quality or were abused or have wornOut .

Can't recall how many batteries I changed before I learnt my lesson. No matter how much you spent on other things, no matter how many panels you have, doesn't matter if you've got the best quality charge controller & panels, if the batteries are shitty, every other thing would be useLess.

You're better off buying a USED quality Battery, than LowQuality NEW Battery .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
babkazy:
you are right , but lithium battery is very expensive and can explode easily

Even if its expensive and good it's okay BUT exploding easily is a big issue.

Inverter expert please how true is this assertion?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

But why will you turn on 8 bulbs na?
You never ask am how many rooms ?

Also should learn to switch off lights when not in use especially those in Toilets, Kitchen, etc
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Anybody with current price of this lithium battery of 200amh?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Irises:
Please I’m new to this solar stuff. I just wanna power my small fan, 43 inches Hisense TV and bulb sometimes. Charge my phone. How much do I need to achieve this. Please honest answer guys.

in solar life, what you wanna power is one thing, how long you want them powered is another.

We never even talk about powerRatings of the appliances sef
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lightorder:
are the fans ceiling types?

No Sir. But someone told me ceiling fan is also good but I dont know how true and I am not a fan of ceiling fan

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

Even if its expensive and good it's okay BUT exploding easily is a big issue.

Inverter expert please how true is this assertion?

lithium batteries, just like any other battery technology could explode, or even catch fire sef.

it could happen to any battery, not just lithium. Just that with Lithium batteries, the chances increases hence why they come with BMS, just like laptop batteries.

That shouldn't stop you from getting one if you could afford one.

but mind you, it's superEasy getting a FAKE lithium battery no matter how expensive it cost you.

I would suggest going for quality Wet Batteries instead except you could afford it's costs, and know some honest Nigerian who have an understanding of lithium technology
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 123readygo: 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
iyke2frankeze:

5kva is 1.2 million. I don't know about other capacities. It was totally built in Nsukka Enugu state. The university town. The name and contact of the builder is Daniel 07061636682. He is also a software engineer and can program whatever you want into it.

Thanks man
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Uniquewise: 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

What's the model?

It's the 219 litre size. Google it
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
Uniquewise:
Thermocool inverter chest freezer is bae cool. A mere 100w power. Zero noise. Works so good. Now, I stock up on food items lasting me months. Planning on replacing my fridge/freezer with an inverter type soon too.

How I wish I know this earlier

I have 1 fridge of double and 2 chest freezer and non is inverter compliant.

Now thinking of changing all these

Please can you give me a link of this thermo cool freezer on jumia?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Obascoetubi: 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2023
kingyang:

Lithium Battery, depends on the make and cycle , will last for 10 to 15 years if use correctly. Lithium is way better . I'm using mine with peace of mind, no solar panels yet.
which one and price?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Compliant(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
chatinent:
I'd love to do this but I really need an experienced consultant.

Many will tell you they have the experience yet know just a little about it, that was how the first person I contacted to install for me was telling me to buy charge controller when it was boldly written in the inverter that its has inbuilt charge controller.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement / How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.