Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41633 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by MorataFC: 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Camberlo:
In solar installation and usage, make sure you take care of some basic things like

HVD - High voltage disconnexrt, that is when your battery is full and will be disconnect.

LVR - low voltage disconnexrt, this is when your battery get disconnect for reaching like 30% to avoid damage.

Also, make sure you clean your panels regularly for uptimum performance.

Don't overload your installation.

Make sure you don't put ON bulbs not in usage like toilet, perimeter during day time and power ON what you needed most.

Above all, before going for solar installation ensure you do load analysis.

Thank you
Thank you boss.
Let me bookmark this.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

for all my FANs, I just buy RECHARGEABLE FANs, switch out their batteries, and use them like it's AC, but now on DC

hahah, this fan trick has been working for me as well, I thought it was just fluke. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Amosbaba:

Ideally 5kva should be 48v (4 batteries system), but as the saying nothing is impossible, in a rear case some Chinese inverter rating comes 5kva/24v
Mine is a 5kva/24V
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 3seriez(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
main24:

Shipping cost; The battery box is shipped without distilled water most times, so it is lighter than dry cell batteries.
When it lands here, they fill it, priced increased.
The regular maintenance cost too...

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by samuelson06(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
I just remember one thing now, OX INDUSTRIAL FAN is an enemy of inverter

That's because it uses coil. Solar works well w/ no coil electrical appliances.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by akpunda86: 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:
Do not use dry cell battery. They do not last. Once it clocks 1 year, it will begin to drain extremely fast.

Use wet cell battery or lithium battery (if you can afford lithium battery). Wet cell needs regular topping of distilled water tho.

That 160k would have gotten you 220ah wet cell battery.

Bros I appreciate u,many guys calling wet cell tubular batteries lithium , lithium are very expensive 350 /400,tubular are cheaper

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Adesina18111(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Is there anyone I can get for not more than 250-300k....for TV, 3 fans and bulbs...no insult please...I want to cut my cloth according to my material

6 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Olatoman(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
Utepu, first of, congratulations.

Someone mentioned you should consider adding two additional panels later on, and that is very valid.

More power means the system can carry other loads whilst charging.

To your fridge/freezer usage, I have an advice here.

Get this product from Jumia https://www./catalog/?q=Digital+Plug-in+Timer+Switch (decided to filter so you can select yourself)

It is simply a Digital plug-in timer switch

We use this with our 5kva system, connected to the fridge and freezer.

By 9.30 am it comes on, and by 5 pm, it goes off, that way, we eliminate the risk of draining the batteries when it ought to be charging with dusk approaching.

I have a bit of a concern with the battery installed for you but hope you got about 18 months warranty from the installer for them.

You can purchase Quanta 200ah Batteries when you looking to replace them.
You can check out Sygnites' website for batteries (they are also based in Abuja) https://sygniteng.com/batteries/

Also, for anyone who wishes to have a solar system, but is concerned about the initial capital cost, there is a company called SunFi.co and their aim is to provide financing for such systems.
They are a bridge between verified solar providers/installers and the financing of such systems.

They allow monthly repayment on the solar system, which eases the stress of finance. (up to 36 months if you qualify)

Cheers

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Adexgentle005(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nothing beats staying in an environment where there is constant power supply. Why is no one talking about using solar during raining season? Here I pay 25k to ikeja electric that’s 300k in a year for a constant power supply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by unipol(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Adesina18111:
Is there anyone I can get for not more than 250-300k....for TV, 3 fans and bulbs...no insult please...I want to cut my cloth according to my material

Sure depending on ur location location.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Where do you people get your alternate facts from. As long as you do not abuse your batteries and try to make sure you do not discharge them up to zero, they will last.
The one I used before, I sold to a friend and he is still using them. This is the third year they have been in use

I once used a DRY cell battery for over 2-years.

One things is, never underCharge and/ or overCharge your batteries: A good charge Controller should help handle such.
Also the batteries and panels should be properly SIZEd.

Also it's easy to overDrain a battery - when you need 100Amp battery, buy 200Amp battery because there is a standing rule of only using <= 50% of the battery rating. in fact to help the battery last much longer, use it Less than 30% sef if you could afford to.

WET CELL batteries are more rugged, but requires maintenance

4 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by MrDoGood(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
Greetings.

After seeing a topic that made front page on power situation in Nigeria, I felt it will be necessary to create this thread for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY.

Please let's share ideas on this solar installation, cost implications, down side and many more.

I neither sell nor have knowledge of solar system but on 24th December 2022 I engaged someone to install solar for me due to the power situation here in Abuja especially during dry season.

Well to cut the long story short, I decided to go for 3kva inverter with inbuilt charge controller, 4 280w felicity mono panel with 2 200amh dry cell battery with a cost implication of around 1 million

Breakdown:
1. 280w felicity mono panel 84,000 per 1 ( note: the person promised me 300w for 84,000 only for him to bring 280w and the excuse he gave me was that the 300w is not a strong product but felicity product is durable)

2. 3KVA 24V inverter with inbuilt charge controller 290,000

3. Battery 200amh 160,000 per 1 dry cell

4. Battery rack, installation kits and installation charge 150,000

Mind you, I base in Abuja where things are a little expensive, so i believed its possible to get it at a cheaper rate elsewhere.

I did not connect my fridge at all but lighting points are connected, smart TV of 55inche and 45inche are connected and I can use any depending if I am in the seating room or inner room.

DISCOVERY: once it is 6:30pm the solar stop charging via panel and i can use my bulbs and TV and 2 fans for hours (i.e i watch TV from 6:30pm to maybe 9pm before going to bed and i switch on at least 8 bulbs from that 6:30pm till 6:30am the following day when the inverter automatically starts charging again via solar.

I also discover that in this solar installation, having a very good battery will safe you alot and also dry cell battery can go bad even within 2months if installed before and then you disconnect and reconnect after like 2-3month probably due to relocation issue.

Please kindly share your own view without insult let's learn one or two things.

Thanks

I thought about getting one last year, but I've decided to move to games village. The light is 24hrs. The collapse of national grid didn't affect them. Rents are around 4m+, but it's okay. And once you're in, you can easily get information about houses for sale.

Thanks for your information

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
zeestone99:

The lifespan of lithium batteries are above 10 years

...and could go bad in less than 1-week if not properly handled

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
unipol:

Here we go again cry
what do you plan on selling to this person?

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by omakay(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
People using renewable energy should begin to be cautious of the kind of electronics and electrical equipment they use in their homes/ offices.

Whenever a solar person is telling me about his TV or fridge, he should be talking in wattage not size or inch.

We hope that more of our electronic electricians will get their hands strong on DC electronics cus that's why people seldom use DC equipments.

Maintenance of solar panels is usually a problem most times because of the installation location. I always advice people building their personal homes to go the way of flat roofs so that they can enjoy that advantage.

Your bulbs and other lightning in your house should not exceed 5watts per bulb (last last, the house go still bright)

More gist dey come shaaa..

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by kelvindj98: 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
Installing a solar inverter is the best thing I ever did. I have not had power interruption in over a year and the half now. Though it was expensive. It's benefits make it worthwhile.
My plan this year is to increase the number of panels and batteries for even more sustainability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Adesina18111(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
Akure, Ondo state

unipol:

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

...and could go bad in less than 1-week if not properly handled

So true.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
ModCaller:
Do not use dry cell battery. They do not last. Once it clocks 1 year, it will begin to drain extremely fast.

Use wet cell battery or lithium battery (if you can afford lithium battery). Wet cell needs regular topping of distilled water tho.

That 160k would have gotten you 220ah wet cell battery.

mayBe na Alaba / inferior batteries you dey buy. I experienced such during my early days. e no go even complete 1-year sef

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
Uniquewise:
Thermocool inverter chest freezer is bae cool. A mere 100w power. Zero noise. Works so good. Now, I stock up on food items lasting me months. Planning on replacing my fridge/freezer with an inverter type soon too.
What's the model?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by bassdow: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2023
tonididdy:

Jesu! Microwave even grin
If you not buy new batteries this year or next please ban me from NL forever. I just figured you’re a mod

Abeg don't be so sure. Experience differs. Quality differs, etc
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by MrDoGood(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
I just remember one thing now, OX INDUSTRIAL FAN is an enemy of inverter

grin cheesy cheesy

That fan is an industrial fan. And churches too. It's too much for a sitting room.

Get a Binatone Typhoon series standing fan. It does same work with OX industrial fan. But consume less power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Draei: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
Uniquewise:
Thermocool inverter chest freezer is bae cool. A mere 100w power. Zero noise. Works so good. Now, I stock up on food items lasting me months. Planning on replacing my fridge/freezer with an inverter type soon too.

How much did you get the thermocool freezer and can I see a pic of it
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by skyangel(f): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
Booking space
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
Adesina18111:
300k can't do it bro.. more like 350-400k at least. And you'll get solar or inverter fans

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by mutaalim(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Draei:

How much did you get the thermocool freezer and can I see a pic of it

I got one for 275k last month 219 litres
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by revolution653(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
You didn't get the best advise, inverter remains the best option but with the right installer or technician, that puts your interest first b4 his

Why buy a 3kva inverter with 24volts, and worst of it na dry cell battery you put am with

You should have gotten a 2kva inverter for a lesser price of not more than a 110,000 irrespective of where you are buying from

Mind you, you can't enjoy a 3kva load capacity from just two batteries ( two batteries can only give you a load capacity, not more than 1700watts)

Your 3kva inverter will kill those dry cell when inverting from DC to AC. Na only fast charge you go enjoy which is not good for battery cell (over heating kills battery cell)

Next time get a turbular battery cell, dem no dey die because, instead of ACID na DESTIL WATER dem dey use

2 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by sickitatedatyou: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
Oga uno Sabi lie o, weytin deep freezer de do for your children room?

Compliant:

For the freezer I dont know sir, but i noticed one day my wife forgot to switch off the deep freezer in my children room and i was on inverter and the thing was just working jejely for like 1 hour, immediately I noticed, I switch the freezer off

As for the workmanship, it's less than 100,000 because the person collected 150,000 from me and it includes battery rack, installation kits and fee.

The installation kits include all the wires and horse and breakers etc
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by mutaalim(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
mutaalim:

I got one for 275k last month 219 litres
Though is turbo inverter freezer
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by main24(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

300k can't do it bro.. more like 350-400k at least. And you'll get solar or inverter fans

With 400k, everything will be bought second hand lol lipsrsealed
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by phrancys001(m): 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nice post, got mine for total of 625k all accessories minus d panels for its hybrid inverter uses nepa charge,strictly for basic electronics only 2TV + 2 decoders,2 standing fans and 4 bulbs lightning's full charge can go straight 20hrs usage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
main24:

With 400k, everything will be bought second hand lol lipsrsealed
Nope bro.. I did mine 350k .. 3 panels ... 400k should be manageable. But I understand Sha, solar is quite expensive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.