Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections (11257 Views)

How Influencers Are Paid By Political Parties To Promote Falsehood - BBC / Thomas Ereyitobi To Akpabio: You Came Here To Mislead Nigerians / Reno Omokri To Provide Free Bus Rides For Nigerians Ahead Of Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by STEWpid(f): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2023
Chai
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by baralatie(m): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2023
Not surprised
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Dmama1991: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2023
I no fit laff.....o

*THE FUTURE WE ARE WORKING FOR:*

*(His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi as the President of Nigeria)*

*Chief of Staff:* Good morning, Your Excellency Sir

*Peter Obi:* Una with dis una Excellency, can't you just say Good morning sir.

*Chief of Staff:* Okay, Good morning sir.

*Peter Obi:* Good morning my brother, how is your family?

*Chief of Staff:* We are fine sir. Thank you sir.

*Peter Obi:* What's the update my brother.

*Chief of Staff:* I am here to brief you about the preparation for the forthcoming United Nation General Assembly in New York sir.

*Peter Obi:* Ok, go on pls

*Chief of Staff:* Sir, if ok by you, you will be departing Nigeria on Tuesday sir since the UNGA will be commencing on Thursday, this will give you ample time to relax, then you are scheduled to return back to the country on Monday though the General Assembly will close on Saturday. You know it won't be proper to hurry out of America sir.

*Peter Obi:* (Looking at the man with full attention)

*Chief of Staff:* Your Excellency Sir, you will be accompanied on your journey by 8 of your ministers, 6 state governors (1 from each of the geopolitical zones), 5 SSAs, 5 SAs, 5PAs and 15 security personnels. You shall be traveling with one of the finest Presidential Jets

*Peter Obi:* (Removes his eye glasses, feeling agitated)

*Chief of Staff:* Sir, we are also making arrangements with one of the biggest hotels in New York for the reservation of all the rooms in that hotel for you and members of your entourage. All together, SIX BILLION NAIRA will be expended on the trip.

*Peter Obi:* (Jumping up from his seat like a man stung by a deadly scorpion) Six what?

*Chief of Staff:* Six Billion Naira sir

*Peter Obi:* Come my friend it seems that you have gone mad. Do you know what you are talking about? N6,000,000,000 for just a 3-Day General Assembly. Do you know that with that amount (pulls out his calculator), we can build six housing estates in the 6 geopolitical zones for low income earners? Do you know that with that amount we can fund 12 federal universities with N500 million each? Do you know how many kilometers of roads that amount can handle? Do you know with N100 million each, N6 billion naira can fund 60 public secondary schools in our country? Do you ...

*Chief of Staff:* (Cuts in gently) But your Excellency ...

*Peter Obi:* (Angrily cuts in) See young man don't provoke me this morning. This is what will happen. We shall leave on Wednesday night and join them on Thursday morning and come back to Nigeria on Saturday as soon as the Assembly closes

*Chief of Staff:* But you Excellency . . .

*Peter Obi:* (Ignores him) I shall be traveling with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and my Special Adviser on Trades and Investment. Three of us only. Do you hear me, three of us only. The UN will provide security for us. As for Presidential Jet, don't worry about that, I have already spoken to my friend Onyema of Peace Airline, they have reserved three seats for us in the economy class so that I can have an opportunity to interact with Nigerians.

*Chief of Staff:* But your Excellency, what will people say when they see our president traveling on ordinary commercial airlines?

*Peter Obi:* What do they say when the Pope travels on commercial airlines? Yes, as for accommodation. I will call my friend, Mike Adenuga, he has a house in New York, we shall sleep there for three days. I know he will not say no. See my brother, there is no money to throw away, things are hard.

*Chief of Staff:* But your Excellency, what will I tell the governors and the other ministers, they are already getting ready for the journey.

*Peter Obi:* (Smiling) Tell them things are no longer the same

*Chief of Staff:* Thank you sir (Pick his things to leave)

*Peter Obi:* Bia, my friend, when next you bring this type of paper to my office for approval, you will be relieved of your position.

*Chief of Staff:* I am very sorry sir. Truly, truly, THINGS ARE NO LONGER THE SAME
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by gidgiddy: 11:57am On Feb 13, 2023
“A prominent example involves the late Sardauna of Sokoto, former premier of the Northern region, who was killed during the January 1966 coup.

“Because most of the senior officers involved in that coup were Igbo from the South East, video has been sent with accompanying messaging to dissuade northern voters from supporting a candidate from the same zone whose officers killed the beloved premier,” the report said.

Multiple coups were conducted in Nigeria and many people killed. The current President overthrew the democratically elected government of Shagari. The Bloodiest coup plotter in Nigerias history, Murtala Mohammed, has Airports, Highways and lectures named after him, he was even put on the N20 Naira note

So why is the first coup the only one some people remember? Why is it the one they are using to dissuade people from voting for someone from the South East?

You honour those from the North that led coups, but only remember that coup is a bad thing when the one led by those from the South East is mentioned?

Laughable

1 Like

Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by XAUBulls: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Landowner101(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Shikena:
How Obi's team managed to scam so many people especially the youths is still a mystery. He was average as Anambra governor and was called out here on Nairaland several times during his tenure. How did this same person get repackaged as messiah? grin
The truth is that, among the three major contestants he is the lesser evil, I can't have an Obi and you expect me to support Atiku or Tinubu, when I'm not cursed.
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Shikena(m): 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Landowner101:

The truth is that, among the three major contestants he is the lesser evil, I can't have an Obi and you expect me to support Atiku or Tinubu, when I'm not cursed.
Maybe lesser known evil or evil with limited platform looking for bigger platform. Evil is evil. Let their past performance speak for them not unverifiable intangibles.
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Maazieze(m): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
gidgiddy:

Multiple coups were conducted in Nigeria and many people killed. The current President overthrew the democratically elected government of Shagari. The Bloodiest coup plotter in Nigerias history, Murtala Mohammed, has Airports, Highways and lectures named after him, he was even put on the N20 Naira note

So why is the first coup the only one some people remember? Why is it the one they are using to dissuade people from voting for someone from the South East?

You honour those from the North that led coups, but only remember that coup is a bad thing when the one led by those from the South East is mentioned?

Laughable

i swear, the hypocrisy is too much
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Landowner101(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
Shikena:

Maybe lesser known evil or evil with limited platform looking for bigger platform. Evil is evil. Let their past performance speak for them not unverifiable intangibles.
Uncle, please who will you be voting for, I just want to know the category of evil you are supporting grin
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Shikena(m): 5:02am On Feb 14, 2023
Landowner101:

Uncle, please who will you be voting for, I just want to know the category of evil you are supporting grin
Sowore grin
Re: How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections by Torg77: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2023
IVMcatch:
Order for your cheap MTN and Glo Data

1k for 5GB

#1700 for 10GB

Call or WhatsApp me on 09159712275

scammer that's looking for money to buy himself data is promising to sell you people cheap date LOOOL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos Killings; Jama'atu Ahlus Claims Responsibility. It Is Jihad / Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.