Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love (560 Views)

Family Members Fall Into Grave As They Fight At Funeral Of Their Loved One / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by AdvertNaturals: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2023
When my dad was alive, i was his closest friend. A polygamous family and i can tell you that i was the most hated by my other siblings.

It was so embarrassing for me that i didn't see my dad up to a year before he died. Reasons being that i had altercation with my mum and my other siblings about how they treated my dad when he was sick and when i couldn't bear it anymore, i told my mum she won't see me for the rest of her life.

She died a year later without seeing me and my dad followed.

Chains of events happened after, family fighting over properties and these are the people that didn't care about my dad when he was sick.

So after the burial, i travelled from South Africa and bought his favourite Gin. I went home and wanted to talk to his grave before dropping the Gin. But the door to the grave was locked, so i called my step brother, the eldest son that inherited everything even though my dad fought with him when he was alive and my dad disowned him. He told me to come a day later.

The next morning, my uncle called me and told me not to do that. That it forbidden. That I can't drop drink on my dad's grave citing idol worshipping. I was pissed bt obeyed.

The thing is, i want to talk to my dad again. I send his number text every Christmas ever since he died, I just want to reconnect somehow and buying the drink is like connecting according to my understanding.

1 Like

Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by tyson98: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2023
Bro just take heart and pray for him,May God forgive his short comings

Move on brother

1 Like

Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Zonefree(m): 9:38am On Feb 13, 2023
Libation is an African culture. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Pay4u: 10:11am On Feb 13, 2023
Ok
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Richy4(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2023
If they are scared of using the drinks, you can always talk to him standing before the grave without the drinks, right?...
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Sonnobax15(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by spinna: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
You don't have to pour it on the grave.. thats a desecration . Pour some drops an the ground and speak to him as we always do for ancestors, even if it's elsewhere or outside the grave gate
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by ibechris(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
Many families do this in Nigeria and there is no big deal here.

They are only afraid because of the way and manner they treated him,however,u can still talk to him wherever u are.

May his soul continue to rest in Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2023
My condolences, OP.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen. 🕊
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by pussygotlips: 11:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
undecided
Re: My Family Refused Me Dropping Gin On My Dad's Grave As A Sign Of Love by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Feb 14, 2023
AdvertNaturals:
â–  So after the burial, i travelled from South Africa and bought his favourite Gin. I went home and wanted to talk to his grave before dropping the Gin. But the door to the grave was locked, so i called my step brother, the eldest son that inherited everything even though my dad fought with him when he was alive and my dad disowned him. He told me to come a day later.
â– The next morning, my uncle called me and told me not to do that. That it forbidden. That I can't drop drink on my dad's grave citing idol worshipping. I was pissed bt obeyed. The thing is, i want to talk to my dad again. I send his number text every Christmas ever since he died, I just want to reconnect somehow and buying the drink is like connecting according to my understanding.
1. Your step brother who was always at loggerheads with your dad inherited everything from your dad? Wow.... undecided

2. Anyways, why your uncle dey impose his religious ideals on you? undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Just Assured Me That She Would Marry Me Again If There Was A Next Life. / Household Items For Sale At Give Away Price / Buy Household And Office Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.